Dog available for adoption

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
A neighbor in Puerto Plata has fostered this dog for a few months and is looking for a home for him. She is well-versed in the local helping agencies and has posted in various social media. If interested, please message me with your contact info and I will pass along to her. Here's the info she wrote:

"Hey....this is Goldie. I rescued him from the streets. He is a Golden Lab mix and is about 2 years old and weighs 21kg (We shaved all of his long hair off last month to grow in new and healthy). He has recently been neutered. I am looking for a foster/adopter. Could you please post/share this to help me find him a furever home? Thanks!"

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 14.46.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 14.48.50.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 14.48.51.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 14.48.51 (1).jpeg

Reactions: zoey_kat and malko

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I meet my landlord Friday to pay rent. I’ll ask if I can have a dog. It’s very doubtful. But I’ll ask.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He's a great looking mutt, that's for sure. I'd love to take him but I live alone and would never subject a dog to hours upon hours alone in the house.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
A neighbor in Puerto Plata has fostered this dog for a few months and is looking for a home for him. She is well-versed in the local helping agencies and has posted in various social media. If interested, please message me with your contact info and I will pass along to her. Here's the info she wrote:

"Hey....this is Goldie. I rescued him from the streets. He is a Golden Lab mix and is about 2 years old and weighs 21kg (We shaved all of his long hair off last month to grow in new and healthy). He has recently been neutered. I am looking for a foster/adopter. Could you please post/share this to help me find him a furever home? Thanks!"
"Furever"! Oh my God!

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
JLSawman, I asked earlier and I DID just get the ok to have a small dog. Please let me know if it’s still possible, please forgive this late response.

Reactions: zoey_kat

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Looks like there may be some lab-German Shepherd mixed in with this guy.

I have three dogs in the DR and three more in Houston so I am more than full up.
One of my DR dogs in a Golden Lab -Shepherd mix, 50/50.
He is one of the best dogs I have ever owned. Smart, friendly, and very outgoing.
A natural ratter who has eliminated our rat problem.
Have no idea where the rats were coming from but we had our share and I do not like using poisons.
Our "Kendrick" is a rescue from Houston and is so smart he learned to open doors by watching people.
Kendrick takes his watchee responsibility very seriously and will only remain in the house for a short time before he is out on perimeter check.
One pass around the property and he is back inside.
Be great if he learned to close the doors behind himself

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
JLSawman, I asked earlier and I DID just get the ok to have a small dog. Please let me know if it’s still possible, please forgive this late response.
I responded to your message, but just to make sure.....please message me your contact info. Thanks!

Reactions: Gadfly

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't know what your landlord's definition is for a small dog, but I suspect that 20+ kg, or 45 cm shoulder height might not qualify.

:) mob

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I hope it works out. It's certainly not a big dog, but neither is it a small dog. Would be a shame if the dog moves to a new home, only to have the landlord say no.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I'll never dare to own a dog here, most people in this society have no souls and are just plain disrespectful of pets.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'd love a dog or dogs if we had enough room. We just don't have the space. The yard is too tiny.
Same here, I've had dogs all my life, but the last 10 years has been apartments with very little yard.

BTW, the last two were poisoned before a robbery.

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have had the poison.... but the dogs lived

My Malinois/Shepherd went blind suddenly...... I always wonder......