Dominican authorities to remove Haitian children beggars from streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
YES, I would have all illegals deported. The governments of both the US and DR are not doing their job regarding this issue. I would make it mandatory for all people in the US to have an ID card like one which is already required in the DR. Those without it would have to prove they are in the US legally or be deported. I agree that racism is wrong. Racism has nothing to do with my desire to see illegals deported from any country.

How are your residency process in the DR doing?? You have your papers already??

P

poponlaburra

Since when did the IMF loans became aids or grants to DR??

99%?

Which bodily orifice are these numbers coming from ?

100% of the money mentioned in the last two links goes DIRECTLY TO THE DOMINICAN TREASURY!!

Dominican Republic Aid Recipient

Total aid: $157m (receipts)

Aid trend: Up 45% in 2002

Japan and the US are the largest donors. The IMF reluctantly approved a $657 million loan package in 2004.

From "The Financial Times World Desk Reference" ? Dorling Kindersley 2004

Taiwan pledges aid to Dominican Republic
Monday, July 10, 2006

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AFP): Taiwan will pledge 50 million US dollars in aid to its diplomatic ally Dominican Republic to help build a science park in the Caribbean state, the foreign ministry said Friday.

Direct aid to the Dominican government far exceeds any of the NGO money of which you assert that only 1% goes to help Dominicans (and we all know better than that)

Keep walking down the path of ethnic cleansing and watch the aid to the DR dry up completely. Watch as the tourists and the manufacturers leave for good. Watch that money dry up as the headlines of Human rights violations against Dominicans of Haitian decent pile high. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and the World is watching....

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...rges-from-abroad/comment-posted#comments-note

All my thrugh out my life I have never, never, NEVER seen Ngos in any barrios doing any type of humanitarian work for the Dominican youth or elders, all the Ngos and donations go to Bateys and shanty towns populated by Hatians and their decendants, so, I suggest you go to any barrio and see for your self.

And yes there is an ethnic cleansing going on, and that is of the Dominican people for there is less and less Dominicans and every day 100,000. Hatians cross to DR since the earthquake.

Tourists work hard to save money for their vacation, enjoy life and seek beauty, and the last thing they need is to travel from far to see get depressed to see this eye sore of Haitians beggars in the streets. So tourist will be thankfull for us to take that bad sight out of their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All my thrugh out my life I have never, never, NEVER seen Ngos in any barrios doing any type of humanitarian work for the Dominican youth or elders, all the Ngos and donations go to Bateys and shanty towns populated by Hatians and their decendants, so, I suggest you go to any barrio and see for your self.
You need to get out more. I have seen, and personally reported on, plenty, both in urban and rural areas of the DR.

P

poponlaburra

You need to get out more. I have seen, and personally reported on, plenty, both in urban and rural areas of the DR.

For example?? Where? I'm interested...
I grew up in the Cibao untill I was 15, traveled thru the country, and have never, personally seen any action from their part, except for some religious churches. Again, I personally know of few but again their work is in the Bateys.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
I grew up in the Cibao untill I was 15, traveled thru the country, and have never, personally seen any action from their part, except for some religious churches. Again, I personally know of few but again their work is in the Bateys.

Yo tampoco!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
some of you here would have made great nazi's... (mind you, if you had been living in Europe at that time, even legally, you would be dead...)

yes... things should be more controlled... and yes, they should try to stop the immigration, and help the people over there...

I can agree on that... but also consider that those people are looking to survive, and their solution may not be ideal, but for them, at the moment it is the only one...

yes, they should tackle the child beggar problem, by harassing them who control them... by deporting those, jailing those, or whatever... and by giving the kids a chance to better themselves, by getting them of the streets, giving or helping them with education, etc... (and yes, this being in haiti would be a good idea, if plausible)

and something completely different, and exactly the same... maybe the us and europe should deport the 100,000ths... of illegal people coming from the Dominican republic, looking for a better life over there... some of you guys prob have relatives doing exactly that... (those family gatherings should be fun to watch...)

sorry if I offended anyone, but there are limits...

Reactions: greydread

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The organisations I have seen in action are mainly secular. They include Plan International, Oxfam (GB and Intermon), Peace Corps, Progressio (formerly known as ICD) Unicef and several others.

They support projects of all sorts in Dominican communities: small business development, micro-credit, farmers groups, crop diversification, marketing, sustainable forest management, youth media, early childhood education and nutrition, health, vocational training, veterinary training, disaster preparedness, community organisation, emergency response.

Some of them also work on the border and in bateyes, which after all are where the most acute poverty is, but most of the work in the DR is with regular Dominican communities.

Provinces include Azua, Barahona, San Juan, several barrios in Santo Domingo, Salcedo, Cotui, Santiago, Mao, Santiago Rodriguez, El Seibo, Miches...

If you're really interested try contacting them directly for specific details or at least check out their websites to see examples of the type of projects, the locations and the beneficiaries.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
migration is economic, period. mexico to US, as long as people can and will walk, migration is inherit. we will all be old and dead and there will be a "migration" problem somewhere on this planet. i plan on being "beamed up", as being an expat in the DR is already , been there, done that, boring.

P

poponlaburra

The organisations I have seen in action are mainly secular. They include Plan International, Oxfam (GB and Intermon), Peace Corps, Progressio (formerly known as ICD) Unicef and several others.

They support projects of all sorts in Dominican communities: small business development, micro-credit, farmers groups, crop diversification, marketing, sustainable forest management, youth media, early childhood education and nutrition, health, vocational training, veterinary training, disaster preparedness, community organisation, emergency response.

Some of them also work on the border and in bateyes, which after all are where the most acute poverty is, but most of the work in the DR is with regular Dominican communities.

Provinces include Azua, Barahona, San Juan, several barrios in Santo Domingo, Salcedo, Cotui, Santiago, Mao, Santiago Rodriguez, El Seibo, Miches...

If you're really interested try contacting them directly for specific details or at least check out their websites to see examples of the type of projects, the locations and the beneficiaries.

Thanks.
Unicef and Peace Corps are they considered Ngos?? They are very helpfull organizations that hardly interfere or disrupt the local goverment affairs unlike these other anti-Domincans Ngos.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
migration is economic, period. mexico to US, as long as people can and will walk, migration is inherit. we will all be old and dead and there will be a "migration" problem somewhere on this planet. i plan on being "beamed up", as being an expat in the DR is already , been there, done that, boring.

or, the grass is always greener on the other side... and no... i do not want to be "beamed up", and certainly not "revived" in some other form of life... and if that has to happen... "I DO NOT WANT TO BE A TOYOTA COROLLA IN SANTIAGO"

P

poponlaburra

some of you here would have made great nazi's... (mind you, if you had been living in Europe at that time, even legally, you would be dead...)

yes... things should be more controlled... and yes, they should try to stop the immigration, and help the people over there...

I can agree on that... but also consider that those people are looking to survive, and their solution may not be ideal, but for them, at the moment it is the only one...

yes, they should tackle the child beggar problem, by harassing them who control them... by deporting those, jailing those, or whatever... and by giving the kids a chance to better themselves, by getting them of the streets, giving or helping them with education, etc... (and yes, this being in haiti would be a good idea, if plausible)

and something completely different, and exactly the same... maybe the us and europe should deport the 100,000ths... of illegal people coming from the Dominican republic, looking for a better life over there... some of you guys prob have relatives doing exactly that... (those family gatherings should be fun to watch...)

Europe is so big...so big...so rich...and with soo many countries..and only 100,000 Domincans (this figure is wrong) in such a vast continent??...congratulations you have no idea of our problem!!!

Mean while we are a tiny spec of an island in the middle of the ocean, and ooohhhh so poor and with over 2,000,000. Hatians and more coming as we speak!!! Please advocate for them maybe Belgium could give asylums to all of them there.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
but!!!!....as concerning the little bastards that want to wash my windshield, watch my car, steal loose coin, come from across a border, they "pay up" to an adult, put the adult in jail end the problem, but!!!! adults "pay up" to local police, politicians, etc. so the little bastards belong in the same jails as the "politicos" which ain't happenin......this country can't keep major drug dealers in jail, no one is to blame, everybody does it, there isn't a pricetag that can't be altered at macy's, no carry-on too large, the rot is from grandma down. unlike other countries where one's honor is more important than the ill-gotten bentley..........

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Europe is so big...so big...so rich...and with soo many countries..and only 100,000 Domincans (this figure is wrong) in such a vast continent??...congratulations you have no idea of our problem!!!

Mean while we are a tiny spec of an island in the middle of the ocean, and ooohhhh so poor and with over 2,000,000. Hatians and more coming as we speak!!! Please advocate for them maybe Belgium could give asylums to all of them there.

at this very moment... more than 25 % of Belgians are living below poverty-level... so get your facts straight....

on top of that... we are dealing with a big immigration of morrocans and turkish people...

on top of that the overall taxes people have to pay in belgium, are well over 50%, and no 20,000 pesos exclusion...

you complain about the cost of electricity here... for most Belgians this is a joke... yess... I use much less electricity here... and pay around 3000 pesos per month.... for the same quantity in Belgium I would pay close to 15000 pesos...

so, in short... do not talk about something you know **** about...

P

poponlaburra

You must be joking

:rolleyes:
at this very moment... more than 25 % of Belgians are living below poverty-level... so get your facts straight....

on top of that... we are dealing with a big immigration of morrocans and turkish people...

on top of that the overall taxes people have to pay in belgium, are well over 50%, and no 20,000 pesos exclusion...

you complain about the cost of electricity here... for most Belgians this is a joke... yess... I use much less electricity here... and pay around 3000 pesos per month.... for the same quantity in Belgium I would pay close to 15000 pesos...

so, in short... do not talk about something you know **** about...

Congratulations again even your immigrants are better than ours!!!
Your got immigrants (poor or not) coming from a rich culture (Turkish) that dates few thousands years old!!! Not only are your Turkish immigrant culturally rich they are not destructive like ours.
Why don't you go to Turkey and see for yourself the incredible cities and farms they left for their future generation. Cities under ground, cities on top of cities, Haggias, thousand years old underground cisterns that had withstand many strong quakes, etc, etc, ect.
OF course Europeans pay higher taxes, your income is double or triple that of ours:rolleyes:
Get your facts straight, your poor are not the same as our poor or the Haitian poor, and yes, I've been in Belgium, in the late eighties.

Mar 1, 2009
So now we are Nazis?

Oh but the Belgians walk in fear of the Turk and the Moroccan. In Antwerp the Moroccan's riotted once and burned cars and so forth. The Belgians don't say a word, when I asked them on the train in Brussels why, they looked at me like I committed a crime. I remember a story a walloon friend of mine told me about how the Prime minister of Morocco came to Brussels and they took him to the Moroccan quarter and how messy and seedy it was. That when he saw it, how he supossedly apologized to the Belgian authorities there. All the Walloons and Vlams would tell me how much immigration needed to stop, how the government needed to make reforms. This they would say to me in private but not in public. If I brought the subject up on the train or tram, people would look at me like I was insulting King Baldwin.

25% of those living below the poverty level are in immigrant community. I know you miss all those burqas and turkish delis as well, walking into certain areas and being the only white guy in certain areas of your own country, hearing only magrehbi arabic in the tulip square or turkish on the train. Oh heck that's neither here nor there. Just as much as the Belgians that I met and spoke with wanted controlled immigration and a stop to illegals. So do Dominican's and neither of us is a NAZI brother!!!!

A la prochain mon ami.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mod request: The discussion didn't go as far east as I feared, but let's keep in in the Western Hemisphere at least, preferably on Hispaniola. OK?

poponlaburra said:
Thanks.
Unicef and Peace Corps are they considered Ngos?? They are very helpfull organizations that hardly interfere or disrupt the local goverment affairs unlike these other anti-Domincans Ngos.
Unicef is part of the UN system, not a government entity, so it broadly qualifies as an NGO, more so when you consider the kind of work it does. The Peace Corps is "an agency of the [US] federal government" so strictly speaking it is not non-governmental, you're correct, but the work they do is similar to that the other organisations in terms of community development/skills sharing.

Are you saying the other NGOs I listed are "anti-Dominican"?! It will come as news to them and their tens of thousands of Dominican employees and beneficiaries!

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm all for Belgium, France, French Canada, etc...taking on some Haitian families. They already speak some form of French so the assimilation process shouldn't be too hard. I do have an issue with people from richer countries advocating The DR shoulders the whole thing and then condemning us for mistreatment of Haitian workers (which does happen), while offering no help at all.

It's clear the only racist here (overtly anyway) is the OP...and yes I agree he would have made a great Nazi. Everybody else who is espousing their opinions and advocating deportation is doing so in the name of the economy...

BTW what are we going to do about all the other foreigners (from all nationalities) who are in The DR illegally? Shouldn't we start rounding them up too? We could probably start just by doing a search here in DR1 and we should be able to find a few who's residence have expired or have overstayed their visas. Cibaeno's doctrine...be a good Dominican...denounce a foreigner...

Reactions: MikeFisher

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm all for Belgium, France, French Canada, etc...taking on some Haitian families. They already speak some form of French so the assimilation process shouldn't be too hard. I do have an issue with people from richer countries advocating The DR shoulders the whole thing and then condemning us for mistreatment of Haitian workers (which does happen), while offering no help at all.

It's clear the only racist here (overtly anyway) is the OP...and yes I agree he would have made a great Nazi. Everybody else who is espousing their opinions and advocating deportation is doing so in the name of the economy...

BTW what are we going to do about all the other foreigners (from all nationalities) who are in The DR illegally? Shouldn't we start rounding them up too? We could probably start just by doing a search here in DR1 and we should be able to find a few who's residence have expired or have overstayed their visas. Cibaeno's doctrine...be a good Dominican...denounce a foreigner...

Rules for Immigration to Canada Relaxed for Haitian Applicants | Visaplace.com Canada & US Immigration Lawyers
Orphans under 18 are also able to go to Canada as refugees/immigrants but the Haitian government thanks to SILBEY and other worse crimminals like Pedephiles have really slowed down the adoption process.

P

poponlaburra

Mod request: The discussion didn't go as far east as I feared, but let's keep in in the Western Hemisphere at least, preferably on Hispaniola. OK?

Unicef is part of the UN system, not a government entity, so it broadly qualifies as an NGO, more so when you consider the kind of work it does. The Peace Corps is "an agency of the [US] federal government" so strictly speaking it is not non-governmental, you're correct, but the work they do is similar to that the other organisations in terms of community development/skills sharing.

Are you saying the other NGOs I listed are "anti-Dominican"?! It will come as news to them and their tens of thousands of Dominican employees and beneficiaries!

I was not referering to the ones you listed, I was generalizing, and meant to say the ones like "Solidaridad Fronteriza" and the likes.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
We reap what we sow in this life....

That will be the end result of this ethnic cleansing, Dominican style. The illegal Dominicans in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Netherlands and Netherland Antilles, Panama, Costa Rica, Argentina (probably not Venezuela but who cares?), UK, Italy (take breath here...), Switzerland, France, Trinidad and Tobago, Belize, and a lot of places that I don't even know about will all be sent packing in response.

..and no more of those 90 day "fake waitress" visas, either. Don't worry, there's enough Colombians to take their places. The skies will be filled with planeloads of deported drug dealers, thieves, pimps, whores, illiterates and ne'er-do-wells returning to increase the genetic purity of the Dominican Republic as they replace the ejected Haitians in the cane fields and construction sites. They can continue to throw their garbage into the streets as they party drunkenly into the night, each and every night and play dominoes and dance and weep and moan about their primary source of GDP shutting down. And the World will know that they brought it upon themselves.

Reactions: catcherintherye
Status
Not open for further replies.