Dominican Driver's Licenses

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Harley likes the 'fight'....

no easy way here....

honestly, life here is VERY navigable, I find...for me , so far...6yrs and counting
from what I read on DR1 ... not so for everybody...

Malko and Rocks each had 'fresh' cedulas.... system is slower than they are, I guess

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
For me it is a big relief to have the license at last......no more worries when I exceed 90 day period continuous on island knowing that any accident thereafter involving a third party would almost certainly result in extended jail time without questions whilst the legalities are sorted.

Worth a day out to SD IMO.......

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I tried askimg at POP office about my french DL license ( I vaguely remember a dr1 thread saying u could get a dr DL with it......).
Guy, very nice and helpful BTW, said no do anymore, and anyway cheaper and better for me the new way.......
Well we will try and see next monday...... fingers crossed.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I tried askimg at POP office about my french DL license ( I vaguely remember a dr1 thread saying u could get a dr DL with it......).
Guy, very nice and helpful BTW, said no do anymore, and anyway cheaper and better for me the new way.......
Well we will try and see next monday...... fingers crossed.

I believe your Embassy will still authenticate your French driving license unlike US and UK Embassies so getting your full license should be a simple process.