Dominican professionalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Maybe you don't realize it but the building you live in with water and yes electrical service and the roads you drive on and the superstore you buy your goods at are all good examples of Dominican professionalism.

What? :confused:

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Chip, I'm not sure what prompted your original posting...perhaps you had a particularly good experience over the weekend?! I agree that Dominican professionals can seem like an oxymoron (like military intelligence), but I, too, have had excellent experiences for the most part. I've seen a number of physicians, both in an office and emergency room setting, and have found them all to be competent and professional. The "system" for medical care is quite different from that of the U.S. in some good and bad ways, but the actual doctors are quite competent. I've also had experience with auto repair shops, plumbers, electricians, and hardware store personnel, in addition to ordinary dealings with shopkeepers, etc. My Spanish is practically non-existent so they have all been very patient with me and very helpful. More than once I have been lost when driving and a motoconcho or local bar patron have helped me out, once directing a motorconcho to let me follow him to my ultimate destination. Of course, there are less-than-professional individuals everywhere. I experienced many in the U.S., including a couple of doctors who misdiagnosed an ailment and siding repair companies that cheated me. But all in all, I still love the Dominican attitude of helpfulness and have "knock-on-wood" been very lucky so far not to have been cheated or taken advantage of to date. Yes, it's only been year, but still, overall, I thank the lawyers, doctors, bankers, etc. who have helped my relocation run smoothly.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Some would assume that there are no professionals of any sort here in the DR. If some of you already know differently this thread is not directed to you.

I hope that clears things up for you guys. :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Chip what have you been taking?
Your posts are incoherent.
I normally give people a pass on English skills as the point is more important than the presentation - but your posts in this thread are seriously weird.

Regardless -

What are you trying to say? That a feature of the D.R. is a ubiquitous and great respect for professionalism?
Because everyone that lives here knows that the opposite is true. This explains why posters on this forum will rush to start a new thread to recommend someone they got a professional service from. If this was the norm then people would not bother posting these recommendations.

The D.R. has a terrible lack of respect for professionalism - that is one of its biggest problems.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip what have you been taking?
Your posts are incoherent.
I normally give people a pass on English skills as the point is more important than the presentation - but your posts in this thread are seriously weird.

Regardless -

What are you trying to say? That a feature of the D.R. is a ubiquitous and great respect for professionalism?
Because everyone that lives here knows that the opposite is true. This explains why posters on this forum will rush to start a new thread to recommend someone they got a professional service from. If this was the norm then people would not bother posting these recommendations.

The D.R. has a terrible lack of respect for professionalism - that is one of its biggest problems.

Whatever dude.

Mar 1, 2009
Diablo Chip, te mataron. There are many very professional people in the DR. These people are so by the book, it's almost dizzying. Then you have locoviejos who are out to get and screw you.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Awesome Colour

Some would assume that there are no professionals of any sort here in the DR. If some of you already know differently this thread is not directed to you.
I hope that clears things up for you guys. :)

To whom is it addressed then?
Do we all not know that to step in Dominican poopoo will leave us marvelling about its warmth, pleasant smell, softness and awesome colour? :cheeky:

donP

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Whatever dude.

Exactly what I would have expected from a Chav, coincidentally.

But anyway, surrender noted.

You also have to ask how professional a university is that would accept students that did not have basic literary and comprehension skills on a graduate course.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Exactly what I would have expected from a Chav, coincidentally.

But anyway, surrender noted.

You also have to ask how professional a university is that would accept students that did not have basic literary and comprehension skills on a graduate course.

You are an arrogant bloke aren't you?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Here is an idea chip.

When the valium and prozac kick in after breakfast and your are driven to start a thread about how wonderful the D.R. is, choose something that is wonderful about the D.R. and not something thing that is patently terrible about the D.R.

Threads you should not start might be -

D.R. and the wonderful electricity supply.
D.R. and the wonderful road system and careful drivers.
D.R. and the wonderful level of primary education.
D.R and the wonderful healthcare available to its citizens.
D.R. and the wonderfully honest police.
D.R. and its wonderfully transparent legal system.
D.R. and its wonderful professionalism - oops too late.

What about D.R. and its wonderfully sunny weather? That would work....

lol

Last edited:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
And on you go.. like a lost child.

It is impossible to have a coherent argument with you as you pick random words and throw them at people.

Explain how I am vain?

I am probably the least vain person you could imagine.
Indeed a total lack of vanity is one of my problems.

Perhaps I am guilty of a little arrogance but that comes from being successful - I am working on fixing that.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Most large construction project are designed,and engineered by non-dominican companies!!
Want to know which ones?
Wait for the earthquake,anything still standing was,"NON-DOMINICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Not ONLY,was the OP "FLUFF",it was,"MARSHMELLO FLUFF"!
Chip,you are in "Graduate School"here in the DR??????????????????????????????????????????????
How many "excuses" do you need to keep posting THAT???????????????????????????????????????
"Graduate School" in the DR means,if you can pay the tuition,you GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.."NOT IMPRESSED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I am in love with you......

SHALENA

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Stop insulting me - you do not know me and you cannot compete with words as you have little grasp of your first language.

Vain does not mean 'having no real value.'
That word would be 'worthless.
'

How thick are you???

As I said, buy a dictionary and read it.

What are they teaching them these days? Geez.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Dang, four pages of harshness for a fairly innocent, if somewhat naive, post.

I think Chip's crime here was saying, "I know some very professional minded Dominicans." Don't know if he really should be slammed for that. I live in Atlanta, and while the power stays on and the roads are often in good repair, I can show plenty of examples of government (and corporate, for that matter) incompetence.

Chip is wrong often enough for us to cut him a little slack for saying something nice. lol. :glasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.