Dominican Republic Citizens to Get Visa-Free Entry to Schengen Area Countries of Euro

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't see any info supporting that such request has been made in the first place. the article above simply confirms that DR is still in the tail of latin america when it comes to visa free travel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i don't see any info supporting that such request has been made in the first place. the article above simply confirms that DR is still in the tail of latin america when it comes to visa free travel.

Tail? More like the bunghole shared with Haiti on the same island.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Come to think of it, tail staying behind after the visa expires is part of the problem.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
I prefer to let in one milion Dominicans to EU than another milion of , lets say, Moroccans.
yeah yeah, I know. that's racist !
any opinion that is actually honest and straightforward is "dangerous" in politically correct world :-D

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I prefer to let in one milion Dominicans to EU than another milion of , lets say, Moroccans.
yeah yeah, I know. that's racist !
any opinion that is actually honest and straightforward is "dangerous" in politically correct world :-D

Neither Dominicans, Moroccan, nor Muslim or Catholic are "races".

As for Dominicans getting visa free travel to the EU as the misleading title of PICHARDO's OP portends, that is not about to happen.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
I find all this very interesting. My wife has a cousin that is a dentist here in Santo Domingo. She applied for a visa to go to a conference in Spain and was denied. She later applied for a visa to USA for same reason and was given visa with no problem. There is no rhyme or reason why any of this happens.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
She should most certainly have appealed this decision. My partner was denied on her first application but following an appeal she was granted an annual multi visa at Consulate's offices.

I find all this very interesting. My wife has a cousin that is a dentist here in Santo Domingo. She applied for a visa to go to a conference in Spain and was denied. She later applied for a visa to USA for same reason and was given visa with no problem. There is no rhyme or reason why any of this happens.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris

Is something crazy, every country has their own criterial and book to give visas, I have mexican visa untill 2022 and Canadian visa until 2019 and 2 years ago rejected for American Visa. So we never know when we apply.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net

Bureaucrats don't need reasons, they have power they wield inconsistently without a care in the world of the consequences to people's lives.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
She is much happier about going to the USA any way. They gave her a ten year visa and we have family both i New York and Florida.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
That's pretty funny actually. As someone who is here for 33 days at a time, and has to pay $330 a year in overstay fees, $60 a year for the tourist card, and $120 a year for the exit fee, I hope it doesn't pass.

you payso much??? have you been hit with overstay fees???

This will never happen.

First the request was made by the EuroChamber of Commerce, not the Foreign Affairs office on behalf of the government.

Second, the Schengen area have very specific requirements that every country that applies for visa removal have to comply. The Dominican Republic complies with none of them, specially on the area regarding percentage of immigration violations committed by its citizens.

Having traveled extensively around the world with a Dominican passport I can say is a real burden having to get visas from every other country, but at the same time is better that those visas are required so the harm done by people form this country traveling around and dragging our citizens reputation to the ground is limited to the places that they can get visas to.

I started thinking this way after seeing first hand what happened in Argentina, a country that was opened for Dominicans before and got closed (visa required) recently due to the bad behavior of certain Dominicans, now even when holding a visa a Dominican passport invokes extra careful check at Argentina border control posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And after Argentina started requiring Visas, Uruguay which is just across the River from Buenos Aires did the same. It all resulted from the Dominican Putas that came over and never left.