Dominicans seized after illegal entry..headline in todays paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Mommy C, tell me where to send a .25 so you can call someone who cares

If you noticed, I said the US/Canadian border was porous. not placing blame on Canada as it is the responsibility of the US to challenge entry into this country (US). There are many places where there are no border crossings and there is not even any way to determine which country you are in. I recall a "fishing" expedition we took to Northern Maine. we were on the St Croix river and our guide put ashore to cook lunch. when we inquired what town we were in, he told us "St Stephens Canada"

In your zeal to "correct" me, you can't or won't comprehend the text of my post, you again thrive on controversy and "one upmanship"

we all know why there are a large number of Mexicans illegally in the US, why your"son in Atlanta" would be interested in your theory is incomprehensible, as are most of your whimsical and sarcastic postings.

Find a more productive hobby than following my posts around this board and making feeble erroneous attempts at correction. I only hope my retirement that I look forward to in 15 years is not as impoverished as your own.

Janice in reality mode

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Yes Janice

You are right, however, we are talking about "remote border access" these Dominican illegals tried to cross the border near Buffalo.

I wish Canada would learn from the US and deport illegals right away. We get what we deserve.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Fred

Fred

Don't take this as a contradiction to your post, but we seem to be on two different issues. A certain poster who takes delight in "stalking" me had to take issue with my comment about the US/Canadian border being porous as a whole. I didn't refer or mention any specific incident, just that it is a simple task for anyone to cross from the US to Canada or vice versa.

Of course this person had to rant about my comments "must be why we have so many Mexicans in the US, "and she would inform her son in Atlanta of this " (God only knows what that has to do with anything, I guess it is important she reinforce her assertion she has a son, or that he lives in Atlanta

I have noted from past posts, especially mine, that anytime she can put down the US and try and make a statement regarding Canada's greatness in the World (ouch, I'll take a hit for that, but understand it is directed at one persons continuous propaganda, not Canadians as a group or country) she will issue some blathering less than subtle comment regarding Canada being "superior" to the US in economics, sports, agriculture, living standards et al.

Sorry for any confusion

Janice

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
No confusion

You are right, the bleeding hearts in Canada get fooled by all these economical refugees. However, the US takes a much tougher stance.

Canada and the US are both great countries and I love both. However, in the US they seem to have a much more realistic approach to line jumpers. Canada needs to learn. Case in point, when ships' holds filled of Romanian , Chinese(economic) refugees land on our shores they are given refugee status until their cases are processed. The immigration officials are right there when they unload. Then the media becomes involved claiming that human rights are being violated if they are sent back.

I have a friend who works for the Canadian immigration and accompanies deportees back to their home country. Surprisingly, he tells me that he has deported the same people 5-6 times, but they still manage to return.

However, in the US much more severe measures are taken and usually they illegals are sent back right away. Case in point, illegal Mexicans etc.

Legal immigration is good for both countries, however, line jumpers should be heavily fined along with their family members, so as to deter further violation.

Finally, there are some things that the US can learn from Canada as well, however, in this case, dealing with illegal immigration is not one of them.

Until the US State Department put pressure on the Canadian government, Dominicans did not need visas to enter Canada.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You may or may not be right about the stalking, but when I read the thread I get the feeling that MommC's post was taking issue with your statement that the Canada/US border may be the only easy one for entry into the US. She would apparently say the same about the US/Mexico boarder, otherwise there wouldn't be so many Mexicans in the US (unless they enter Canada and cross the boarder from there).

The same point, of course, could have been made without sarcasm.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Sarcasm

Well Ken, if I chose to be "sarcastic" in making an issue, I would comment on the "boarders" (Or did you intend to infer the illegal were actually boarders and not remark on the actual country borders?).

Mommy quite distinctly referred to my comment about how easy it is to cross from Canada to the US (But she neglected to include my inference that it was a two way street), stating how she would inform her son (whomever he may be) in Atlanta that the US/Canadian Border is the reason for illegal Mexicans.

Boy, your regulars on this board just hate it when someone points out your errors. Fire away, as I have previously stated, I deal in facts not opinions. I would so love to have ANY of you in front of an authority that could actually adjudicate your "opinions' and refer them to where they belong, the irrelevant and immaterial file

If you have something to say, do it and quit dancing around with your innuendo and inferences. Robert is the only one that has yet to back up his opinions with facts, apparently the rest of you have lived a life where you can intimidate or insult the other party and think you won an argument, well don't bother with this girl!

Janice

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sarcasm can be a very effective humorous

tool when certain people have a sense of humour.
You nailed it on the head Ken.......the whole US border is very porous not just the portion that frantiers Canadian territory.
My husbands uncle crossed rather easily 80 yrs ago and it wasn't until 20 yrs ago when an "_____(fill in the blank)" neighbour notified the INS that he was in the country "illegally" that he had to get his US citizenship. It had never been a problem and since he had entered at a border crossing and stated that he was entering to get married he was a "landed" immigrant.
He's always been very US oriented and no one could have mistaken him for anything but a US citizen. He'd even been voting for over 60 yrs.
The Atlanta comment was to indicate that that is one city where there is a very large Mexican population many of whom are illegal (ask AtlantaBob - I'm sure he's noticed them!)
You will notice in Janice's post she stated that it is tough to enter the US from ANY country other then Canada. So maybe my sarcastic reply "missed" her funny bone (even tho' I thought it funny) but it did point out that it is very easy to get into the States from Mexico also (didn't they discover a tunnel crossing not too long ago or was the CNN newscast I watched at Guilia's cafe in Juan Dolio a fake?).

As for Janices' retirement if she doesn't do better than she did today I doubt if she makes it in 15 years.......I at least retired before I was 40!!
Editted to add: "And I never "played" the market either!"

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Busybody

Mommy, do you want my 1099's and complete 1040's? Would that satisfy your nosey nature. I'll tell you exactly what happened today: down 4,200.00 in TYC, up 23,000.00 in GE (they made a late rally to which I had bought at 28.40) and other equities, net gain of $18,800.00 if I sold today, not bad for someone who can't keep up with the Canadians, heh!

I bill $375 per hour, so if I don't concern myself with your lifestyle, I think I will retire quite well as planned.

As for the borders, you make my argument when you remark about a tunnel from Mexico, from Canada illegals simply walk across. You really need to find an issue you have a grasp of

I think it may be time for me to stop reading this board, I feel as though I am digressing to the level of some of you, well, some of you..ah you know what I mean.

Janice

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
At least walking across an "illegal" would be

visible.
Why was the tunnel built? To make it even easier to get in? Did you see the size of that thing? How many made the crossing before it was discovered? I'll bet a good deal more than ever made the trek from Canada.
Also I think you'll find a good many more "illegals" in the US who entered from parts that were far removed from Canada.
While I agree with Fred our "entrance" may be more open than the US' I must remind him that to be able to slip across our border into the US you first must get in to Canada.
And you are right Janice - it is up to US immigration to "protect" the American border not us.

BTW I couldn't care less what you "bill" even us non-lawyers know what you bill and what you get are two different things (and I didn't even need my nephew who is one of the US' top corporate lawyers to tell me that-imagine!!). I also haven't the slightest interest in your "market" gains or losses. As I've said before I don't "play" the market. Right now my only concern is how to spend the the "retirement" fund I've already built up. My son's don't need my help - they both make more in a year in their employment than I ever made in ten. My grandsons have been provided for (both for university education and in my will) and as soon as my hubby gets "tired" of five months work and seven months play we'll devote all our time to play!!
Just in case you don't "understand" what I've just written let me make it absolutely clear......what you "bill" per hour I "make" per hour even when I'm out in the garden enjoying my flowers!
Imagine that!! Dumb ole me - and I did it without a Stanford education!!

Last edited:

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Mommy, I understand only too well

Just in case you don't "understand" what I've just written let me make it absolutely clear......what you "bill" per hour I "make" per hour even when I'm out in the garden enjoying my flowers!
Imagine that!! Dumb ole me - and I did it without a Stanford education!! from Mom C

Lets see, you state you make over three thousand USD per day in your garden but couldn't afford a direct flight home?

Mom, you really are tiresome and full of the stuff you use in your garden.

To quote our English friend (who at least provides facts to his statements), you are the weakest link, Good-bye!

Janice

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Janice,

May I politely ask what your problem is. Ever since you started posting on this board you havegriped about everyone who does not agree with you. You talk about facts but I have not seen any that back up your opinion. For instance about how hard it is to get into the US except across the Canadian border. Then you basically call MommC a liar by challenging her statement about how much she makes while retired and enjoying life.

You bill $375 an hour. Great, how much do you get to keep. Are you a partner or an associate? And since youi mention it...why don't you post your 1040 and 1099s? Those would be facts to back up your statements.

I try to stay out of these little fueds but sometimes I get tired of them...maybe it is time for you to stop reading this board. Just remember it was your idea...its a shame tho because there are times I enjoy your posts...

Now you can tell me where to go...

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Yeah, Janice...You have your bitch on, but why? What's your deal? It's like you're suffering from a major persecution complex. Get over it. There's no reason to make MommC to feel like total crap. Whatever you may disagree about, at least she hasn't displayed the same mean-spiritidness that you have. Yes, you have. YES. You have.

You're a $375/hour billing attorney - we're all thrilled for you. If you plan on spending time here, why not put your vast knowledge to use and spare us weak-minded fools the wrath of your scathing comments. Lord knows it just goes over heads, right?

Think about it.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Janice..... you need to learn the difference

between not WANTING to do something and not BEING ABLE to do it.
There are lots of things I want to do however my physical condition means I'm not able to do them.
Paying for a direct flight home is an example. If you paid attention (instead of trying to figure out how to bill more hours) when you read threads you would have noticed that I was also looking at commercial flights home and had I NOT BEEN ABLE to find a cheaper charter flight home I would have gone the more expensive way.
That could partially explain why I make an hour what you bill (what you didn't think someone without your level of education could make more than you do????).
Kinda reminds me of when my eldest came home after his first year of university. He was all excited 'cause he was going to show me how to cut my tax bills. Wasn't he surprised when he found that I was paying about 13% less in taxes than what he had figured was the minimum I was supposed to be paying. All legally! Guess he still had more to learn!

Last edited:

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
Can't lurk anymore

Like the Dad that I am, I have to come up from the basement and say "Kids, that's enough! If you can't get along, someone's gonna have to go home."

Are you people really adults? Janice, you are really smart, self-sufficient, and astute in financial matters. Your huge billing and bank accounts are commendable. MommC, you have a tremendously successful life and your husband's business has afforded you an opportunity to miss out on the true work thing...congatulations, get back to the garden. Ken, you had a point but I forgot what it was. JaneJ, you rouse the rabble as always but provide no clarity, just fueling the fire. Jefe, good try but these kids are outta control.

Now all of you young'uns GO TO BED!!!!" You gan beat each other up tomorrow on another thread.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Janice

May I suggest you pour yourself a wee glass of wine and relax.Mummy dearest has a bit of a chip on her shoulder,and just loves picking on Americans.
I do enjoy most of your posts,it would be a shame if you stopped contributing.
Regards Terry.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
JaneJ, you rouse the rabble as always but provide no clarity, just fueling the fire.
Rabblerouser! Woo hoo!

It is not my job to provide clarity to you. I have just enough for myself and you can get your own.

And eff you, BTW - you're obnoxious. Bobnoxious, that is.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2002
Hahahahaha then all of you say I'm a liar. Everyone is rich on DR1 and no one has any losses. Now janice jumps on the bandwagon talking crap about 400 bucks an hour and how she is making all this money in a market that is going into the toilet. Where are the average Joe's? I think Janice is a paralegal who makes 375 a week. MoomC owns a wafflehouse on I-75 and makes about 80-100k a year before taxes. Jazzcom is a handyman in n apartment complex and the rest are just average Joes.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Janice, you leaped to wrong conclusion....

Janice: What I thought I was saying was that MommC could have made her point about the Mexican border without the sarcasm. I felt you had misunderstood her point and was (a) trying to (a) clarify it and (b) give you a little aid and comfort by suggesting the point might better have been made without the sarcasm in order to lessen the likelihood of it being misinterpreted. But now that my own feeble efforts have also given rise to an attack, I can see that they were doomed from the start.

MommC: Re effectiveness of sarcasm as a tool, problem is that it's humor is too much in the mind of the person using it. Very easy for us humans to take sarcasm as an affront, unless the person using it directs it at himself instead of others.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can't believe this woman janice. Imagine having her as your neighbor or worse as your wife?
I don't condone violence against anyone but I am sure there are alot of DR1 contributors who would love to bitch slap this miserable old bitch.
Get a life and stop pretending to be a lawyer.
Be what you want to be but not in your imagination alone....
Sadly it is easily possible in the world of internet.
Have a nice day.
By the way, I used to know a lady name Janice in my school (in georgia), she used to clean bathrooms. I wonder if you lived in atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.