DR Expels up to 700 Haitians Daily

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
That may be true in most cases, but not all. Dominican police (not necessarily Immigration) are running a great business at the moment arresting any Haitian they choose and locking them up. The ones with visas then run the risk of getting sent to Haiti with the illegals. The going rate for release is RD$7,000. I have been told this not only by Haitians, but I even heard a couple of Dominicans discussing it in the barber shop the other day.
For those that were picked up in Juan Dolio this morning the rate was $300 dollars. Kinda like quoting the dollar exchange to the DOP
. LOL

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
With all that has been written here and my daily experiences with Haitians (other than those working on Torre construction jobs) I find it hard to believe that some "with a visa" will get a free pass.
If you read between the lines of everything that Luis says, would you believe a visa will cut it in the near term future ?
Your opinions...

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
With all that has been written here and my daily experiences with Haitians (other than those working on Torre construction jobs) I find it hard to believe that some "with a visa" will get a free pass.
If you read between the lines of everything that Luis says, would you believe a visa will cut it in the near term future ?
Your opinions...
We shall see.

I just sent $700 to my kid's older cousin in Perdanales to get his visa. I have no clue how this will work out. But all it is is essentially a tourist visa. We need a work permit and I don't see a simple path to get one.

On another front, I'm sure you are aware that US Customs has implemented a program for Haitians and others to legally emigrate to the USA with a sponsor. I'm trying that out as well. Again, we shall see.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
We shall see.

I just sent $700 to my kid's older cousin in Perdanales to get his visa. I have no clue how this will work out. But all it is is essentially a tourist visa. We need a work permit and I don't see a simple path to get one.

On another front, I'm sure you are aware that US Customs has implemented a program for Haitians and others to legally emigrate to the USA with a sponsor. I'm trying that out as well. Again, we shall see.
You have to be living inside the US to be a sponsor and have qualifying income, which they don't specify, and guarantee their health insurance pre-paid - which could be $4-5k per person annually.
The 'parole' is only valid for two years but we all know no one leaves once there and who knows if it can be renewed.

It does allow them to obtain a social security number and work (after separate SS application).
Not sure if it allows resident college tuitions, or you must register as out-of-state student ?
And I do not know if the program is actually now active ?
It is limited to 30,000 annually sponsored and includes Haitians, Nicaraguans, and Cubans. They must travel on a passport issued from one of the 3 home countries.

I expect the 30K applications will all be submitted in the first month.

Also the person must be in and travel from their home country, or approved 3rd country, but I think they would accept Haitians sponsored traveling from DR.
But they can not come from Mexico, nor can they already be in the US. If they already entered illegally into the US and were screened they can not apply.

They must arrive at an approved airport to clear immigration, be accepted, then go for TB and health screening and Covid vaccination unless they have proof of CV-19 vaccination

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You have to be living inside the US to be a sponsor and have qualifying income, which they don't specify, and guarantee their health insurance pre-paid - which could be $4-5k per person annually.
The 'parole' is only valid for two years but we all know no one leaves once there and who knows if it can be renewed.

It does allow them to obtain a social security number and work (after separate SS application).
Not sure if it allows resident college tuitions, or you must register as out-of-state student ?
And I do not know if the program is actually now active ?
It is limited to 30,000 annually sponsored and includes Haitians, Nicaraguans, and Cubans. They must travel on a passport issued from one of the 3 home countries.

I expect the 30K applications will all be submitted in the first month.

Also the person must be in and travel from their home country, or approved 3rd country, but I think they would accept Haitians sponsored traveling from DR.
But they can not come from Mexico, nor can they already be in the US. If they already entered illegally into the US and were screened they can not apply.

They must arrive at an approved airport to clear immigration, be accepted, then go for TB and health screening and Covid vaccination unless they have proof of CV-19 vaccination
The program is active as of yesterday. I have filled out the form I-134A as much as I can, but am now stuck waiting for my bank and my 401k holder to provide financial statements about me. I just emailed them this morning.

I'm also aware I have to be in the USA to do this. We will see if they reject the form because of my IP address being here. If they don't and it goes thru, I would then move back to the US.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The program is active as of yesterday. I have filled out the form I-134A as much as I can, but am now stuck waiting for my bank and my 401k holder to provide financial statements about me. I just emailed them this morning.

I'm also aware I have to be in the USA to do this. We will see if they reject the form because of my IP address being here. If they don't and it goes thru, I would then move back to the US.
Best of luck to you and God willing this will work out for you. (BTW can you go with a IP address that DOES NOT reveal you are here?)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
^^^^^^ They used the word "rigorous" inspection of the proposed agreement as part of the application process. Clearly as you stated in post #187 you woulnd't get to second base. Go honest.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That may be true in most cases, but not all. Dominican police (not necessarily Immigration) are running a great business at the moment arresting any Haitian they choose and locking them up. The ones with visas then run the risk of getting sent to Haiti with the illegals. The going rate for release is RD$7,000. I have been told this not only by Haitians, but I even heard a couple of Dominicans discussing it in the barber shop the other day.
Absolutely.
I have heard the same stories but just to be clear I was speaking about DGM not the PN.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Your opinions...
Can't speak on the future.
I can only share what I've been told by Haitians I know.

Reactions: johne

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Best of luck to you and God willing this will work out for you. (BTW can you go with a IP address that DOES NOT reveal you are here?)
There is a way, but computers in certain government institutions (for example, the NSA of the US and this was once confirmed to me by someone that worked there) can see the correct IP of everyone in any website and they don't have to ask for permission from the administrators/owners of those websites. That option is simply automatic in their computer.

Governments have much more control of the internet than many think. Remember during the Arab Spring, the government in Egypt knocked down internet service in that countryfor a few dsys. How were they able to do that?

In the DR, the DNI spies (they don't call it that) every website about the DR and keep a close on on accounts that constantly criticize the country. The question is do they do that only to websites in Spanish or also websites in other languages such as English? What's the point of spying abd keeping track of any account if it will not be used to arrest and interogate the person if they cross whatever fine line the DNI has regarding several topics?

Last edited:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
There is a way, but computers in certain government institutions (for example, the NSA of the US and this was once confirmed to me by someone that worked there) can see the correct IP of everyone in any website and they don't have to ask for permission from the administrators/owners of those websites. That option is simply automatic in their computer.

Governments have much more control of the internet than many think. Remember during the Arab Spring, the government in Egypt knocked down internet service in that countryfor a few dsys. How were they able to do that?

In the DR, the DNI spies (they don't call it that) every website about the DR and keep a close on on accounts that constantly criticize the country. The question is do they do that only to websites in Spanish or also websites in other languages such as English? What's the point of spying abd keeping track of any account if it will not be used to arrest and interogate the person if they cross whatever fine line the DNI has regarding several topics?

How long did SilkRoad operate for ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
How long did SilkRoad operate for ?
My older has the same mentality. I've had more then one conversation with him about his love for the "grey area" vice related activities. In the end them folks have unlimited resources and they always win so you need to keep your head down, chin up and earn it the right way. Which is the same thing a lot of the smart Haitians are doing who live here legally.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You got actually numbers or you just blowing smoke.
He's blowing smoke.
Doesn't seem to understand the difference between documented and undocumented.
I know few people who occasionally overstay and pay a fee upon their departure but I could not name a single non Haitian person (or provide real numbers) who is living here illegally and neither can he.