DR Expels up to 700 Haitians Daily

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Now the DR has to get control of illegal Haitians, regardless what foreign activists are saying.
Of course every foreign government is welcome to give as much aid to Haiti as they like........anyone???
Some types of people, groups, tribes, animals, ect... are just wired differently and I'll never understand why so many Westerners have a problem accepting this fact for what it is.
Folks born and raised in these third world/ developing countries understand it full well and act accordingly.
If they/ Haitians arrived in this country illegally and undocumented (not thru customs controls with biometric readers) they should be rounded up and sent elsewhere.

Far as the foreign criminals running the streets of the north coast?
Maybe 10 years ago but not so much these days. Certainly no where near the amount of Haitian criminals in the country.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Some types of people, groups, tribes, animals, ect... are just wired differently and I'll never understand why so many Westerners have a problem accepting this fact for what it is.
Folks born and raised in these third world/ developing countries understand it full well and act accordingly.
If they/ Haitians arrived in this country illegally and undocumented (not thru customs controls with biometric readers) they should be rounded up and sent elsewhere.

Far as the foreign criminals running the streets of the north coast?
Maybe 10 years ago but not so much these days. Certainly no where near the amount of Haitian criminals in the country.
I remember when those Hells Angels clowns were all over the North Coast. Now I never see one

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I remember when those Hells Angels clowns were all over the North Coast. Now I never see one
North Coast has been pretty quiet ever since the PN hit them Germans in La Mulata. Aside from the Canadian fella who got popped in his drive way a few years ago. Rumor has it someone took it upon themselves to settle that case out of court.

Drive thru any inner city barrio in this country and you will see small groups of young Haitian men, usually posted up on a street corner or late night eatery... who aint in this country for purpose of working a nine to five.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes there are too many Haitians here now. Maybe too many Gringos too? Too many people in the world for that matter.
But many Haitians (the vast majority) are very good, humble and honest people, yes real people, not just a black face.

I know several whose only desire is to survive and improve themselves and the very small world around themselves. And they tend to thrive when they can get simple work and a place to safely sleep.

This type of refugee is not looking for problems.

While many are creating problems, those are primarily the hookers and young men full of testosterone looking for less honest means of getting money. We all want them gone.

I am OK with deporting everyone that commits a crime, even as simple as driving a moto without a license. And for sure to clear the DR of everyone of the violent ones who initiate conflict - I've had my own run-ins with them. And the honest Haitians don't want Haitian gangs forming, like the ones they fled from, starting in DR either.

But since the DR can never deport every illegal Haitian, nor does it want to, let's not paint them all with the same tar brush and target the honest ones who are getting by on vapors selling fruits, gardening, painting, pouring concrete or cleaning homes and businesses. Illegally here yes, evil people not at all.

Many, including others on DR1, do have Haitian friends or employees that we care about. And they have spoken about them.

Until the border is secure and controlled and a streamlined visa process in place to filter those who come in, there will be no way to select good people from those with bad intent.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Must be great to live in your fairytale land.
If you're on the N.Cost get out into the barrios from Gaspar Hernandez to P.P.
There are thousands of Haitian communities on the outskirts.
Many aided by missionaries, made up of illegals.
The arguing and fighting goes on in a daily base.
Overburdening od Dominican medical clinics and hospitals.
The few organized Haitians are swarming like sharks and vultures around tourist centres.

Do you have any real life experience?
I have worked and met with many civil war refugees.

From Haiti, Lebanon, Syria, Russia, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iran and many more.
These people are deeply mentally damaged, just to survive in those environment's.
They cannot overcome this mindset and function as normal human beings.

Their problems are imported into countries around the world.
Look at Haitian ganga in Canada/Quebec.

You may find some German criminals at Seahorse Ranch, hiding out with great security as reported by media.
Hope they and other affluent criminals are found and extradited by Interpol.
However this has nothing to do with the Haitian criminals in the DR.

By the way the Overstay Tax booth is clearly indicated in DR airports and very efficiently administered.
Cameras, three receipts, system works perfectly.

Now the DR has to get control of illegal Haitians, regardless what foreign activists are saying.
Of course every foreign government is welcome to give as much aid to Haiti as they like........anyone???
I have said nothing about Dominican policy on Haitians, just pointed out that there are plenty of criminals from other countries.

What sort of fairy tale land do you live in? People who have experienced the horrors of war are capable of being functional human beings. Damaged, but capable. Unless you think soldiers are not? Most vets in my family would disagree with you.

If you think the only foreign criminals on the north coast are Germans hiding in Sea Horse Ranch then I’d question if you’ve ever even visited Sosua.

I do not live in a fairy tale land but rather the very real world where a DR1 poster was recently killed and received no justice. Not by Haitians, but by DOMINICANS, who are also responsible for the large majority of expat murders throughout the entire country, both historically and recently.

So when a bloody DR1 mod posts that he hopes that DR1 members don’t get killed by Haitian criminals, it doesn’t take any sort of “activist” to call out someone throwing stones from a glass house.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A further detail on the guy captured in La Romana, he is part of the gang that kidnapped the Ohio missionaries about a year ago.

Here is a reminder of how that one ended, though I assume the gang members learn from that event too regarding captives getting a chance to escape. They had a ransom of $1 million per person.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have said nothing about Dominican policy on Haitians, just pointed out that there are plenty of criminals from other countries.

What sort of fairy tale land do you live in? People who have experienced the horrors of war are capable of being functional human beings. Damaged, but capable. Unless you think soldiers are not? Most vets in my family would disagree with you.

If you think the only foreign criminals on the north coast are Germans hiding in Sea Horse Ranch then I’d question if you’ve ever even visited Sosua.

I do not live in a fairy tale land but rather the very real world where a DR1 poster was recently killed and received no justice. Not by Haitians, but by DOMINICANS, who are also responsible for the large majority of expat murders throughout the entire country, both historically and recently.

So when a bloody DR1 mod posts that he hopes that DR1 members don’t get killed by Haitian criminals, it doesn’t take any sort of “activist” to call out someone throwing stones from a glass house.
Of course, Dominicans are the majority of murderers, but then again almost all the victims are Dominicans as well. But there are many Haitian criminals here in the DR. Recently they arrested a group of Haitians here in Jarabacoa for motorcycle theft and home invasions (caught with the goods). There was also a Dominican American woman beaten almost to death by two Haitians.... etc.

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes there are too many Haitians here now. Maybe too many Gringos too? Too many people in the world for that matter.
But many Haitians (the vast majority) are very good, humble and honest people, yes real people, not just a black face.

The DR has a customs/ immigration system in place both you and I adhere too. Had either one of us showed up at the airport without the required documents to enter we would have been denied entry. I am sick and tired of hearing from a certain class of Weaterners who insist on giving special privilages to those who have failed to get their own houses in order.

Black face, brown face, red face or blue face has nothing to do with it. Keep lowering the bar and see what happens. I gaurantee you at some point in time it will come back to bite you.

I know several Haitians. Most of them are good people but a few of them are not. I think we can both agree the DR has more than enough problems now and doesn't need to take in more people who are a drain on what little public services this country currently provides to it's citizens.

Immigration needs to be working 7pm to 7am doing round ups. Not 7am to 7pm. This would make a huge impact in thinning the herd (of criminals)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The DR has an customs/ immigration system in place both you and I adhere too. Had either one of us showed up at the airport without the required documents to enter we would have been denied entry. I am sick and tired of hearing from a certain class of Weaterners who insist on giving special privilages to those who have failed to get their own houses in order.

Black face, brown face, red face or blue face has nothing to do with it. Keep lowering the bar and see what happens. I gaurantee you at some point in time it will come back to bite you.

I know several Haitians. Most of them are good people but a few of them are not. I think we can both agree the DR has more than enough problems now and doesn't need to take in more people who are a drain on what little public services this country currently provides to it's citizens.
We are playing by rules because we come from countries where there were rules and we had opportunities and had jobs.

I agree close the border.

But to many Haitians being in their country feels like they are circling the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal running. They know if they stay there they will be ground down. And they are powerless and they turn to the only escape they hear about and that is to run to the border.

I've never known that feeling. I can not imagine how it feels to flee your country with nothing.
At least they are not on the dole like European and North American illegal immigrants.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The DR has a customs/ immigration system in place both you and I adhere too. Had either one of us showed up at the airport without the required documents to enter we would have been denied entry. I am sick and tired of hearing from a certain class of Weaterners who insist on giving special privilages to those who have failed to get their own houses in order.

Immigration needs to be working 7pm to 7am doing round ups. Not 7am to 7pm. This would make a huge impact in thinning the herd (of criminals)

The thing is closing a border never works. Only works in North Korea, and only because no one wants to go there 🤣🤣🤣.

The DR shares an island with Haiti, and will never ever be able to secure the border.

Partly because it is just not possible ( illegals make it to GB which has an island to its own, literally 100*s of miles from the departure of said illegals, think about that for a minute).

Partly because any law drawn up in SD will apply for about 2 weeks in a radius of 200 yards of whatever ministry came up with an unmpteen migration plan.
Thats just the way it is in the DR, laws are not enforced, plans are not executed, bribing is widespread ( especially for illegals ), etc.....

The sooner the DR faces the reality of the situation, the better for both countries.

Contrary to what we can read on Dr1 on how the DR is at the top of technology, that a super-duper automated wall is being built, patrolled by planes and drones and whatnot.... well, that is not the reality.

Rounding up haitians is just for political brownie points.
My guess is that the future conflict will not be dominicans versus haitians, but haves versus have-nots, be they dominicans or haitians.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The thing is closing a border never works. Only works in North Korea, and only because no one wants to go there 🤣🤣🤣.

The DR shares an island with Haiti, and will never ever be able to secure the border.

Partly because it is just not possible ( illegals make it to GB which has an island to its own, literally 100*s of miles from the departure of said illegals, think about that for a minute).

Partly because any law drawn up in SD will apply for about 2 weeks in a radius of 200 yards of whatever ministry came up with an unmpteen migration plan.
Thats just the way it is in the DR, laws are not enforced, plans are not executed, bribing is widespread ( especially for illegals ), etc.....

The sooner the DR faces the reality of the situation, the better for both countries.

Contrary to what we can read on Dr1 on how the DR is at the top of technology, that a super-duper automated wall is being built, patrolled by planes and drones and whatnot.... well, that is not the reality.

Rounding up haitians is just for political brownie points.
My guess is that the future conflict will not be dominicans versus haitians, but haves versus have-nots, be they dominicans or haitians.
Everyone knows a border wall will not stop illegal immigration, but it will slow it down. Israels wall is very effective at stopping infiltration. So, a proper wall, with proper immigration controls, and a workable and reasonably generous workers Visa's system that is simple to operate is required.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Everyone knows a border wall will not stop illegal immigration, but it will slow it down. Israels wall is very effective at stopping infiltration. So, a proper wall, with proper immigration controls, and a workable and reasonably generous workers Visa's system that is simple to operate is required.

Israel and the DR are wooorlds apart when it comes to thoroughness on security ( not saying its a bad thing, mind you ).
No point in having an impenetrable wall when a couple of thousands of pesos will get you through the main gate.

Any ideas on who has the most money to throw around, the poor soul who will work for a risible salary to feed his family, or the gang member who hasn't worked an honest day in his life ?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There was an immigration raid in Juan Dolio this morning. The empanada lady that walks by my mini finca every day stopped to talk. I asked her about her status and she was quick to state" I have no problem" and whipped out her passport. I said to her this is a Haitian PP and currently this means nothing (I think I was right). She said "No, this has a visa". Ok, a visa for what? What category of visa? She said" IDK. "
I decided not to argue the point bc that would lead to nowhere.
Am I correct on this: A Haitian PP has no value in the DR?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There was an immigration raid in Juan Dolio this morning. The empanada lady that walks by my mini finca every day stopped to talk. I asked her about her status and she was quick to state" I have no problem" and whipped out her passport. I said to her this is a Haitian PP and currently this means nothing (I think I was right). She said "No, this has a visa". Ok, a visa for what? What category of visa? She said" IDK. "
No.
You are not correct.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What am I missing?
1. A passport is a legal document.
2. Provided they have the correct visa required along with their entry stamp they will not be
deported unless they have overstayed. I know a young Haitian women who has been working
inside of the central market here in downtown/ center of Santiago for several years. Immigration
passes thru the market at least once a month and rounds up illegals. Her affairs are in order.
She has never been snatched up, thrown on the bus and deported back to Haiti. There are other
Haitians who work, go to school and in some cases married to a Dominican who simply provide
their legal documents when asked by immigration and have no problem going about their business.

The problem with Haitians who are undocumented is we/ they have no idea who they are. With so
many Haitian prison/ jail breaks over the last 10 years it is reason enough in my opinion to return
every single one of them who are found to have entered the country illegally or are unable to identify
themselves to the authorities by providing some form of legal documentation.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well, without a Visa it has less value, but it still gives the person ID, which is really important.

Reactions: johne

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
1. A passport is a legal document.
2. Provided they have the correct visa required along with their entry stamp they will not be
deported unless they have overstayed.
That may be true in most cases, but not all. Dominican police (not necessarily Immigration) are running a great business at the moment arresting any Haitian they choose and locking them up. The ones with visas then run the risk of getting sent to Haiti with the illegals. The going rate for release is RD$7,000. I have been told this not only by Haitians, but I even heard a couple of Dominicans discussing it in the barber shop the other day.