DR Gov: Abortion illegal - go to jail for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
This week alone I've been told by 2 different women who both have sons that they would like to have a daughter like mine and then wouldn't mind that i'd get them pregnant. Both of them answered when I said that I didn't want anymore to take care off that that was no problem and they would take care of the kids themselves. Go figure

I was going to post something related to this. Many people overlook the fact that quite a bit of those pregnancies are not unwanted. Some girls get pregnant to "win over" the barrio alpha male they are disputing to the other girls. Some girls get pregnant because they love a guy so much they want to show appreciation. Some girls want to get pregnant by the barrio dealer in order to get protection from him. And like these, for many other reasons. I have no statistics but I presume many of those actually willing to terminate a pregnancy do it for reasons other than poverty. I've heard poor, 20-year-old girls say they need to have a kid desesperately because they're getting old, so they are looking for a qualifying male to take on the task at hand.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Some girls get pregnant to "win over" the barrio alpha male they are disputing to the other girls. Some girls get pregnant because they love a guy so much they want to show appreciation. Some girls want to get pregnant by the barrio dealer in order to get protection from him. I've heard poor, 20-year-old girls say they need to have a kid desesperately because they're getting old, so they are looking for a qualifying male to take on the task at hand.

Some do to get out the house!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was going to post something related to this. Many people overlook the fact that quite a bit of those pregnancies are not unwanted. Some girls get pregnant to "win over" the barrio alpha male they are disputing to the other girls. Some girls get pregnant because they love a guy so much they want to show appreciation. Some girls want to get pregnant by the barrio dealer in order to get protection from him. And like these, for many other reasons. I have no statistics but I presume many of those actually willing to terminate a pregnancy do it for reasons other than poverty. I've heard poor, 20-year-old girls say they need to have a kid desesperately because they're getting old, so they are looking for a qualifying male to take on the task at hand.
That's a completely separate issue, though, if the babies are 'wanted' - even for the 'wrong' reasons.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
That's a completely separate issue, though, if the babies are 'wanted' - even for the 'wrong' reasons.

Agree, what I want to point out is that the fact that legalizing abortion and even house-delivering pills, or deploying intensive campaigns against teen pregnancies are going to have limited impact on the population they are targeting.

mainegal

May 22, 2012
What about in cases of incest or rape? To force any girl/woman to carry a baby to term especially in a rape case is torture and a constant reminder of just how she got pregnant.
Abortion is not murder, a fetus under 12 weeks is not a viable human.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
The jail time thing for abortion is ridiculous.

I believe the most affordable contraceptive is a condom (please don't quote me on this, I am not certain).

If a Dominican has a choice of either buying a condom or a beer he will choose the latter.

A lot of Dominicans I know, don't like waring condoms; me included.. sorry! :(
This might help explain the population grow.

Also, in my experience, the woman was in charge of the contraceptive dept...

I am sure things must be changing. :chinese:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"PATHETIC, although expected, post from you Chip.
Are you BLIND?
Millions of unwanted children in the World, AND the DR, suffering,and you,and the Catholic Church want even MORE!
From what I see, the "WORLD" is doing a really poor job of "Taking Care" of millions of children.
I don't think that abortion should be looked at as a method of "birth control"
I believe it should be "Rare".
I DO,however, hardily support using all methods of birth control, even "abstiance", but we know how good THAT works.
We should be able to garantee a descent future for all children who are "BORN", NOT a future of pain and suffering, just to please the "CHURCH"!
Your "logic" defies understanding.
Shame On You!
AND the catholic church!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've heard poor, 20-year-old girls say they need to have a kid desesperately because they're getting old, so they are looking for a qualifying male to take on the task at hand.

Having a kid is a must! I don't have kids and don't plan to have any, and when I say this to people their jaws drop. The reasons people give me for having kids are always the same: 1) They will take care of you when you're old, or 2) It's in the bible. I have yet to hear an unselfish answer!

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Having a kid is a must! I don't have kids and don't plan to have any, and when I say this to people their jaws drop. The reasons people give me for having kids are always the same: 1) They will take care of you when you're old, or 2) It's in the bible. I have yet to hear an unselfish answer!

3) you'll have fun while you are making babies.

There, as unselfish as possible. :chinese:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
3 reasons for why I should have been aborted:

1. Avoid the taste of mustard
2. Avoid any knowledge of the music of Enrique Iglesias
3. Avoid being exposed to perfume de vieja rezadora

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
What about in cases of incest or rape? To force any girl/woman to carry a baby to term especially in a rape case is torture and a constant reminder of just how she got pregnant.
Abortion is not murder, a fetus under 12 weeks is not a viable human.

When was the last time YOU witness an abortion??

Last edited:

mainegal

May 22, 2012
You do not need to witness an abortion to know about them. As with any medical procedure, I'm sure to witness it may not be pretty.

Last edited:

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
3 reasons for why I should have been aborted:

1. Avoid the taste of mustard
2. Avoid any knowledge of the music of Enrique Iglesias
3. Avoid being exposed to perfume de vieja rezadora

4> exposure to "Agua bendita" :chinese:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
This week alone I've been told by 2 different women who both have sons that they would like to have a daughter like mine and then wouldn't mind that i'd get them pregnant. Both of them answered when I said that I didn't want anymore to take care off that that was no problem and they would take care of the kids themselves. Go figure

Hahahaha..one of my brothers fell for that crap and now the chick is hitting him up for child support.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I DO,however, hardily support using all methods of birth control, even "abstiance", but we know how good THAT works.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

What are you talking about?

CC,

Please get real. Abstinence as a form of contraceptive has worked for generations. Even more so in DR.
DR men has used this method for years.

A man just have to say: "Yo me abtengo a la consequencias". and then "ponme to eso pa'lante, pa'lante" :chinese:

Status
Not open for further replies.