DR Gov: Abortion illegal - go to jail for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What about in cases of incest or rape? To force any girl/woman to carry a baby to term especially in a rape case is torture and a constant reminder of just how she got pregnant.
Abortion is not murder, a fetus under 12 weeks is not a viable human.

Define viable, and there are abortions that take place after 12 weeks, as late as 20 weeks.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
It is all so easy these days ..all a girl has to do after she has had unprotected sex is to take the morning after pill which is just prostagladin and she has no chance of pregnancy ...but I am sure this dreadful catholic chuch in the DR has stopped these pills being sold

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
So, let me pose a question that has already been asked: is this law likely to be enforced? Are there exceptions in the law for rape, incest, or the life of the mother?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
In Africa, the Cathoic Church is still denouncing the use of condoms! How reckless is that? with an HIV explosion and birth rates out of control, the Catholic Church has made a stance against condom use. This is the insanity of organized religion.

"The Church's stance has been criticized as unrealistic, ineffective and irresponsible by some public health officials and AIDS activists. They often refer to the scientific consensus that condoms greatly reduce the risk of STD transmission, but also that Abstinence-only sex education is ineffective - discussed below."

"Empirical evidence suggests that, although condoms do not guarantee the perfect prevention of STD transmission, condoms greatly reduce the risks of transmission. Other studies have focused more on HIV/AIDS and have reliably found more than an 80% drop in the risk of transmission when condoms are used. Researchers report that the primary challenge is getting people to use condoms all the time."

"Currently, empirical evidence also suggests that abstinence-only sex education does not work, and comprehensive sex education should be used instead. For instance, abstinence only education fails to decrease people's risks of transmitting STDs in the developing world."

"Polly Toynbee has characterized the Vatican as "a modern, potent force for cruelty and hypocrisy", charging that the Church's ban on condoms has "caused the death of millions of Catholics and others in areas dominated by Catholic missionaries, in Africa and right across the world. In countries where 50% are infected, millions of very young AIDS orphans are today's immediate victims of the curia."

"UNAIDS has collaborated with the Roman Catholic Church, especially Caritas Internationalis, in the fight against AIDS, something which many people only realised after a December 2005 message by Pope Benedict XVI. However, it indicated in a 2009 communiqu? that it did not agree that condoms were unhelpful in AIDS prevention."

In 2003, the WHO denounced statements by the Roman Curia's health department, saying: "These incorrect statements about condoms and HIV are dangerous when we are facing a global pandemic which has already killed more than 20 million people, and currently affects at least 42 million."

My question now is this...it took the Catholic Church 400 years to apologize to Galileo for being correct...how many centuries will it take the Catholic Church to apologize to Africa for denouncing condom use?

Can you imagine being one of the hundreds of thousands of rape and incest victims in Africa, and then the help you need most--from your church--comes out against your right to abort your fetus?

Frank

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
geez, i do not know where to start:

cobraboy, you need to watch more TV :) jersey shore is something that will make you revoke your american citizenship ;) :) :) teen mom will leave you speechless. and here comes honey boo boo will have you reach for the gun :)

kipling, the morning after pill is levonorgestrel not prostagladin (which can be used to induce abortion of the foetus that already exist while morning after pill prevents pregnancy altogether).

chip, world's resources are not infinite.

now, just from me. i have always been pro abortion and i stand my ground. but at the same time i believe the abortion should be absolutely last resort while contraception should be most important. it is always better to prevent. back in the day i was on the pill and i still used condom nonetheless. i did everything i could to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

dominicans, sadly, lack the education, not only of basic body functions and fertility but also education in general, awareness of the changes motherhood brings, awareness and acceptance of responsibilities it carries. i am not a mother. i will never be one. i do not even like children. but i understand very well the importance of being a parent, the weight of parenthood. it is way harder than popping a kid out of a toto.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
cobraboy, you need to watch more TV :) jersey shore is something that will make you revoke your american citizenship ;) :) :) teen mom will leave you speechless. and here comes honey boo boo will have you reach for the gun :)

And the Oh, Really? Factor and FAUX news will make you want to move to France and pick up a book or two

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Moving to the future

Quote from Dominican Today:

"Abortion

Abortion will also be punished with from 2 to 3 years and includes women who induce or a person who helps. If a doctor, nurse, midwife, surgeon, pharmacist or other professional helps induce an abortion, the penalty would be from 4 to 10 years."

How can it be that a country teeming with abandoned children and absentee fathers could honestly criminalize abortion with up to 10 years of prison time?

Along with pressurized drinking water, reliable electricity, an efficient judicial system, legal abortion along with education would be a move to the 21st century.

Last edited:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
God

I'm not promoting promiscuity in the least but my take is when God created sex He knew what was going to happen. :) Therefore, I believe this world has the resources to care of it's children as opposed to eliminating them violently in the womb. Two wrongs never make a right.

Yes,
And then god gave people choice and the knowledge to create the pill.
Some of his children god made gay and told us to love them equally and to treat them with compassion.
God taught us love, compassion, tolerance and empathy for others.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Yes,
And then god gave people choice and the knowledge to create the pill.
Some of his children god made gay and told us to love them equally and to treat them with compassion.
God taught us love, compassion, tolerance and empathy for others.

Then god made chocolate, and women forgot about us

Then Satan made beer, and we lived happily ever after

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
O

The jail time thing for abortion is ridiculous.

I believe the most affordable contraceptive is a condom (please don't quote me on this, I am not certain).

If a Dominican has a choice of either buying a condom or a beer he will choose the latter.

A lot of Dominicans I know, don't like waring condoms; me included.. sorry! :(
This might help explain the population grow.

Also, in my experience, the woman was in charge of the contraceptive dept...

I am sure things must be changing. :chinese:

Well Nas,
Since you like fun but not condoms, may I suggest a vasectomy.
That would put the man in the house in charge of contraception........ a real macho move!!!
You could still drink beer, rum and smoke a cigar after your partner has achieved multiple OOOOOO's.......... Que Tigre.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.