DR rules for new folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I have met 2 of the tipe of girls A29 talks about relly in it for love and want to help the man thy love. But only 2!
I still have hair but I guess I am the social issues tipe of man. But I can aford Mc Donalds and I can aford to cook for someone but no BMW.
so sometimes I am so happy that I found a the DR and other times like today when i am out of work again and fear not beaing able to ever aford to come back i wish i never new anything about the DR. But what choice do i have alone and sad in the usa or the up's and downs of the DR.
I will keep coming as long as God is willing.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
i have seen Dominican women showing up at clubs on the back of scooters, all dressed up and spiffy. i am Jamaican, and i can tell you that no equivalent Jamaican woman is putting on her Sunday (or Saturday) best and getting onto any scooter. so, maybe, just maybe, Dominican women might be less materialistic than some of us choose to believe.

My best friend in college used to advice me to not to talk to a guy in two wheels. There's a song that says " Yo no soy mujer de andar en passola, lo mio es yipeta, yo ando en cuantro gomas!"

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
i just love it when i meet a foreigner who is new to the country, and he is riding around with a local whom he introduces to others as "my friend". he has known the guy all of 2 days, but he is his amigo. worse yet, he actually believes what he says. guys with street smarts know that this is just a hustler, and do not give these guys the time of day. if they need something done, they contract services on a needs basis, and do not move around with some guy who is just looking to find a guy with a wallet who can stand to buy the beer. once gringo stops shelling out, Fausto is gone...long gone. guys with street smarts do not need to see it happen to know that it is inevitable.

This is one of the great things about Latin American countries how welcoming people can be. Think for a second if the new guy had no one to hangout with. The Dominican Republic can be very overwhelming if you don't speak Spanish or now anyone on the island. I promise you it is better to give a couple of pesos to a local then try to make you way around a city like Santo Domingo when you do not know anyone.

Also it is not all bad some show the newbie which cheap taxis to take how to take the guagua to save him money. Now the next time they arrive in DR at least they will know someone.

For some reason or the other expats try to avoid tourists and newbies. Good thing Dominicans do not.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This is one of the great things about Latin American countries how welcoming people can be. Think for a second if the new guy had no one to hangout with. The Dominican Republic can be very overwhelming if you don't speak Spanish or now anyone on the island. I promise you it is better to give a couple of pesos to a local then try to make you way around a city like Santo Domingo when you do not know anyone.

Also it is not all bad some show the newbie which cheap taxis to take how to take the guagua to save him money. Now the next time they arrive in DR at least they will know someone.

For some reason or the other expats try to avoid tourists and newbies. Good thing Dominicans do not.

i have never seen any reason to make fast friends in any country. if i want to go to a certain place, i find a cab driver to take me there. if i want to see the place, i can put on a comfy pair of walking shoes and leisurely stroll around until i get the hang of things. why do i need some "welcoming person" everywhere i go? to do what? to drink a beer every time i want one?

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
There?s also younger guys who do have hair, but they usually have social issues, no game, problems talking to women, they probably give off and weird vibe.

For some reason, no ?normal? foreign men that happen to be attracted to Dominican women, exist in your world?..

Since you are such the expert......Have you ever dated a foreign man?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Available ?

For some reason, no ?normal? foreign men that happen to be attracted to Dominican women, exist in your world?..

I sense a connection between you two :p

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
i have never seen any reason to make fast friends in any country. if i want to go to a certain place, i find a cab driver to take me there. if i want to see the place, i can put on a comfy pair of walking shoes and leisurely stroll around until i get the hang of things. why do i need some "welcoming person" everywhere i go? to do what? to drink a beer every time i want one?

Have you ever lived in the Colonial Zone, Gazcue, Boca Chica????? Have you ever witness a tourist in DR for the 1st time???
A common practice for many 1st timers are going up and down el conde about a 100 times. Many believe Santo Domingo is just the CZ.

gorgon you are a Caribbean island boy, so of course you won't know how a gentleman from Riverdale CA feel the 1st time out of the USA.

All people do not visit DR to become " in the know with locals" some just want to have a good time.

Are you telling Moscow would not be better if you had someone to show you around??? Oh wait this is DR1 you have a story about Moscow or you know a person or something who lived in Moscow.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
For some reason, no “normal” foreign men that happen to be attracted to Dominican women, exist in your world…..

I want to tell you something but I can't. Do not focus so much on what she states in her posts, but focus more on things she never states about the whole gringo vs Dominican chicas.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
For some reason, no “normal” foreign men that happen to be attracted to Dominican women, exist in your world…..

Of course I have!
Read around, and If "she was 17, I was an obese 59 year old, and and I thought she loved me" or "I can't get girlfriends back home because I am socially awkward and girls won't talk to me" seem like normal men to you, then I rest my case.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Of course I have!!!
Read around, and If "she was 17, I was an obese 59 year old, and and I thought she loved me" or "I can't get girlfriends back home because I am socially awkward and girls won't talk to me" seem like normal men to you, then I rest my case.

If your world is based solely on DR1, then it is rather small IMHO

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you for the kind words. I have been trained in the "boot camp of developing countries" , the Filipinas! Ive seen and heard every scam in the book. Now Im trained and ready haha.
Take interest in people, smile and be genuine, never visit girl bars, no cheating, dont talk smack... Its really not hard at all. Jusy act normal and not thino youre something special.
Too many foreigners take their fatazz and their pension to a developing country and let people's kindness and eagerness for a quick buck get to their heads. Im ashamed and disgusted and a good reason why I usually avoid foreigners. Especially Brits and Aussies

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I want to tell you something but I can't. Do not focus so much on what she states in her posts, but focus more on things she never states about the whole gringo vs Dominican chicas.

And this is why gringos never learn!

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Im 36, commited, and in excellent shape. Good people who just want to see the world still exist... Ive seen Asia and now Im looking into a better and closer place to home...tye DR :)

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
If your world is based solely on DR1, then it is rather small IMHO

I was born and raised here! I live here, have always talked about things from my own experience and experiences from people around me and the ones I know. That you don't like or accept what I said solely based on your limited Dominican experience, that's your problem.
My initial post was indeed about how the constant whinners here on DR1 and how usually they have the same issues complain about the same things. You can't deny it's a great example!

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Listen Im not trying to insult anyone, foreigners included. I was just saying a good share of the trouble people get into can be avoided with humility and common sense. Thats my take on it andnive been around. Be it not in the Dominican, that is why Im lookin around to see what others have to say.
I love what ive learned so far, amazing place!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I met a gal in a bar in FT Lauderdale, she came up to me with a drink in her hand for me actually. Within half an hour we headed out to my pick up truck which was a work truck, not real bad, but 5 years old and fill of tools in the back. She looked at me and said "I thought I saw you getting out of that Mercedes." pointing to one beside my truck, and she turned and walked back inside looking presumably for a guy with a Mercedes or better!

LOL! she obviously went back in looking for the owner of the Mercedes!

Status
Not open for further replies.