E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Here is the link for you to fill in the now required E-Ticket the next time you enter or leave the DR:

Are you having that crow with or without feathers?
Not really. Just returned from PUJ. Yes, they are enforcing the E Ticket on a trial basis. Spoke to the boss of AA Departures. Question: How is it going? Answer: Disaster. Question:: What happens if you have no phone? Answer: THEN YOU DO NOT NEED AN E TICKET...................

So if that is your idea of enforcing it, it is not mine. And this will be over by Monday........................

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
That simply cannot be true,

Unless it is and some crow is in order for one of our posters.

Do we have absolute, complete, unequivocal verification that pap

Do we have absolute, complete, unequivocal verification that paper forms are no longer allowed at all?

Do we have absolute, complete, unequivocal verification that paper forms are no longer allowed at all?
I came back from SDQ and did not see any papers. I showed the e-ticket. They also asked me when I checked in for the flight (from Europe) about the e-ticket. Also asked about vaccination. I showed the papers (Pfizers) and were good to go.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Talked with my friend, he is already ar the airport, he tanks to me for telling him about it, they put him in front line as he has eticket, a lot people dont and gettubg crazy because they dont let them to check in or go inside, i told him you didnt read the confirmation email when you booked that says you must fill e-ticket in order to travel in or out DR.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

A partir de hoy es obligatorio el uso del E-Ticket para viajar​

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The online form is way easier than the paper forms... and yeah if you like papers... print out the QR code

I would always advise people to print out the QR code. Phones can run out of battery on a long flight.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today at Las Américas Dominicans were complaining because of the E-Ticket. According to one, half the passengers of one flight were at risk of not flying because they didn't filled the E-Ticket. The complainer was forced to miss her flight to Panama (from there was suppose to take another flight to the USA) for not having the E-Ticket. Her next flight is suppose to be tomorrow. Apparently, she's from Puerto Plata.

Quejas en AILA por "E-Ticket" requerido para salir o entrar del país​

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They cannot even start the banning of people going into the DR. When that starts along with what happens in the DR it will be the end of this real soon......................I give it less than a week, probably even less................

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Today at Las Américas Dominicans were complaining because of the E-Ticket. According to one, half the passengers of one flight were at risk of not flying because they didn't filled the E-Ticket. The complainer was forced to miss her flight to Panama (from there was suppose to take another flight to the USA) for not having the E-Ticket. Her next flight is suppose to be tomorrow. Apparently, she's from Puerto Plata.

Quejas en AILA por "E-Ticket" requerido para salir o entrar del país​

She says she had problems filling it in. I can bet that she arrived at the airport a few minutes before her flight closed and there wasn't enough time to download and then fill in the form. I'm pretty sure if she had been there two or three hours before the flight, at the airlines recommend, there would have been time to download and complete the form correctly or to get help with technical issues.

Reactions: Riva_31

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
They cannot even start the banning of people going into the DR. When that starts along with what happens in the DR it will be the end of this real soon......................I give it less than a week, probably even less................
Judging by a number of posts above, they already have. In Europe they are insisting on seeing the e-ticket before boarding.

Reactions: HDR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
She says she had problems filling it in. I can bet that she arrived at the airport a few minutes before her flight closed and there wasn't enough time to download and then fill in the form. I'm pretty sure if she had been there two or three hours before the flight, at the airlines recommend, there would have been time to download and complete the form correctly or to get help with technical issues.
Better yet is filling the E-Ticket on the day before the flight. Some people only learn one way.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Better yet is filling the E-Ticket on the day before the flight. Some people only learn one way.
Will not help you at all. Reason: There is one line for checking in. You are in line waiting with your E Ticket and others in front of you are tying up windows trying to get one. I was at PUJ today and personally observed this. You can get on the line 2 hours or more before flight time and miss your flight..................

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Will not help you at all. Reason: There is one line for checking in. You are in line waiting with your E Ticket and others in front of you are tying up windows trying to get one. I was at PUJ today and personally observed this. You can get on the line 2 hours or more before flight time and miss your flight..................

Surely if people don't have the e-ticket, the check-in agent is telling them to stand to one side and allow others to check in? It's very unusual for them to allow someone to block a check-in desk for any reason in my experience. If your bags are overweight for example, they ask you to repack, but you can't do it at the counter, they tell you to stand to the side and do it and then come back, and they check someone else in in the meantime.

I cannot believe that if there were long lines to check in and people blocking the counters, they would then allow the flight to close on time. That would just be completely foolish and i truly believe it wouldn't happen.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Surely if people don't have the e-ticket, the check-in agent is telling them to stand to one side and allow others to check in? It's very unusual for them to allow someone to block a check-in desk for any reason in my experience. If your bags are overweight for example, they ask you to repack, but you can't do it at the counter, they tell you to stand to the side and do it and then come back, and they check someone else in in the meantime.

I cannot believe that if there were long lines to check in and people blocking the counters, they would then allow the flight to close on time. That would just be completely foolish and i truly believe it wouldn't happen.
How long have you been here? Lines and Dominicans don't mix................I saw it first hand today. And I was in PUJ. I can assure you that at SDQ it is worse..................

Also being here a long time Domincans will not assert themselves for their job to a hostile Dominican. to tell them to step aside. Will not happen..........................

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Well when you will save on printing more than 42 millions forms you will force do make ppl to fill it, in 2019 airports moved 14 millions pax, Today No delays on the flights and people with problems were those filling last minutes. Im sure for tomorrow will be less the problem with people do not have it. I will like to know what happened with flights coming to DR today.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Today at Las Américas.

Viajeros con dificultad para llenar tickets electrónico​

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
Hi,
Or fill it in a week before. It is easy. And yes once in awhile does not work for various reasons. Keep the code. Or start over.

Reactions: MariaRubia

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
My husband nearly missed his flight today because airport officials in Canada would not let him board without it.
He flew from out west, had an overnight layover in Toronto, and then on to PUJ. It was on his first flight that they told him he needed the E Ticket prior to boarding. That seems weird because they should not have cared until the YYZ-PUJ leg?

The kids and I fly out Friday, overnight in Toronto, and then on to PUJ. I have completed the E Ticket tonight. I hope that’s not too soon? If it is, I can redo it on Friday night during our layover.

Reactions: Riva_31

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
That seems weird because they should not have cared until the YYZ-PUJ leg?

They will always check all sectors when you board the first flight on the ticket, because once you are airside you can remain airside for the duration of your journey, so no further chance to check anything.

Interesting that he was nearly denied boarding for not completing online. I did notice that a lot of people on the video that NALS posted were given a paper form to complete, so I wonder if there is a Plan B system in operation involving a form?

Reactions: Auryn