Earthquake felt in N/Central DR 10:55pm Sunday 21 March 2010

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
yes. it was a busy night. Lots of little shakes. I have an earthquake meter and it beeped several times. The past month has actually been quite busy.
Thanks for the information.

Earthquake Detector

What they say in the advertisement is so true, usually the earthquake is over and I am still thinking of whether it had been an earthquake or not.

I had actually been thinking of making a pendulum but for the low price of $23.
I will be ordering one of these very shortly. I love electronic gadgets!

If anyone else in Santiago is interested in getting one, let me know, we can save on shipping with a combined order, I use Business Mail to get stuff here.

Don

Let me correct myself first. It is an earthquake ALARM, not a meter. It does not give you a reading of strength. The system is a simple pendulum that, once shaking, gets in contact with two metal pins and sound an alarm upon contact. The theory is that it detects the sound waves few seconds before the destructive waves. We are only talking about 2-3 seconds before the shake so it is short but It can help you to be alert, at least.

You can buy it online. it comes from California and is called a Quake Alarm.

Ciao

Thank you. :)

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Thanks for the information.

Earthquake Detector

What they say in the advertisement is so true, usually the earthquake is over and I am still thinking of whether it had been an earthquake or not.

I had actually been thinking of making a pendulum but for the low price of $23.
I will be ordering one of these very shortly. I love electronic gadgets!

If anyone else in Santiago is interested in getting one, let me know, we can save on shipping with a combined order, I use Business Mail to get stuff here.

Don

Don..I will love to buy one....
I am going to Santo Domingo tomorrow morning , can we please get in touch on Thursday?
Greetings....
Lucille

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com