Edenorte is a disaster

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
If you have a local bank account with internet banking just use that to pay. If anything goes wrong you can always make a claim with the bank, although sometimes a rabbit hole, but sometimes it's easier to fight with them than with Edenorte. However, never had any issues so far, 12 years and counting. For their website, yes they probably don't have any developers at all, I'm a developer myself and it's quite hilarious to see how often it's not working when there's so many simple solutions.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I thought it was not working for a long time, until I turned off my VPN. Works for me with Claro or DeLancer. WhatsApp can also be used to enquire about money owed, pay etc, but a card needs to have been registered first to pay.
Mine worked before no issues then stopped for 2-3 months (it works again now) and I seldom use a VPN on my computer, only if a news site blocks me to US news site. The period when it stopped working, was the same computer, same ISP, same router and I confirmed it with EdeNorte that their web site was down and e-mailed billings were not being sent.
Now sometimes I now get a bill delivered (never for both accounts) and it comes only days before the pay deadline. I have always paid it by the time it comes

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Mine worked before no issues then stopped for 2-3 months (it works again now) and I seldom use a VPN on my computer, only if a news site blocks me to US news site. The period when it stopped working, was the same computer, same ISP, same router and I confirmed it with EdeNorte that their web site was down and e-mailed billings were not being sent.
Now sometimes I now get a bill delivered (never for both accounts) and it comes only days before the pay deadline. I have always paid it by the time it comes

I have stopped getting bills by email, years ago.
My work-around is going to the " Pagar" tab on the website and it tells me how much I owe for the next payment.
To be clear, it tells me that I owe them O pesos and that I need to pay X thousand pesos before the 13th of February ( current bill ).

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... Yet another stupid thing about EdeNorte billing:

There is always the option of pre-paying (Anticipago) your electric bill.

Two things to be aware of if you do that.

1. They never show your credit balance.

2. If you make a pre-payment (Anticipago) after a bill has already been issued, they WILL NOT take the bill payment from the pre-payment and will turn off your electric even tho you have a credit balance.

If you are going to do the anticipago make sure you have paid any already issued bill.
In other words, make the bill payment and the pre-payment.

I pre-pay all my utility and phone/internet bill so as not to have to go pay 3 bills every month.
I keep track of them on an Excel sheet I created.

PS: Claro has all their stuff together on this, excellent.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
... Yet another stupid thing about EdeNorte billing:

There is always the option of pre-paying (Anticipago) your electric bill.

Two things to be aware of if you do that.

1. They never show your credit balance.

2. If you make a pre-payment (Anticipago) after a bill has already been issued, they WILL NOT take the bill payment from the pre-payment and will turn off your electric even tho you have a credit balance.

If you are going to do the anticipago make sure you have paid any already issued bill.
In other words, make the bill payment and the pre-payment.

I pre-pay all my utility and phone/internet bill so as not to have to go pay 3 bills every month.
I keep track of them on an Excel sheet I created.

PS: Claro has all their stuff together on this, excellent.
If they can't keep a website working, can't bring bills for both meters, they credit the wrong account by their own error and refuse to reverse it, and can't provide meters to new services often for a year how can they be trusted to correctly credit pre-payments?
Sorry this organization is not fit to be trusted with my money in advance.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If they can't keep a website working, can't bring bills for both meters, they credit the wrong account by their own error and refuse to reverse it, and can't provide meters to new services often for a year how can they be trusted to correctly credit pre-payments?
Sorry this organization is not fit to be trusted with my money in advance.
And believe me, you just touched the tip of the iceberg on why they cannot be trusted.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Ugh, I can imagine the frustration. Then they wonder why some people go postal.
I didn't go postal but darn close. Then I did the only logical thing (for me) and moved to Colombia,despite being a "developing" country it has 24/7 luz,potable water out of the tap,300meg internet,etc...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My wife a;ways pays that bill in person with cash...sounds simple right...its been a week now and all the places she goes, the answer is the same their computers are down.
I think they buy the cheapest computers China makes because they are always down or being 'upgraded'

• Haha

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
My wife a;ways pays that bill in person with cash...sounds simple right...its been a week now and all the places she goes, the answer is the same their computers are down.
We had this issue countless times as well, I wasted quite a bit of time trying to pay the bill sometimes, but I think it's the software they use as while Edenorte as such might be using the same hardware, banks and pharmacies would have their own hardware but obviously need access to the Edenorte software, which was down...

• Wow

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Likewise so far. Cash only and a paper receipt. The water company is worst with the computers being down.

• Wow

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Surprisingly no issues at all during the day. During the past MONTH there's been at least 5-10 power outtages each day, some shorter like 5 minutes others longer than an hour. And last two Thursdays power outage because of maintenance from 1-5 or 6ish. Last night I went with some friends to La hispaniola to eat, and there were 6 or 7 short outages in like 1 hour... Let's say that I'm not surprised..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some people in my development have had no power since yesterday. Power went off for me at 3:30 PM and they are somehow working on it. Somewhere, I don't know where.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some people in my development have had no power since yesterday. Power went off for me at 3:30 PM and they are somehow working on it. Somewhere, I don't know where.
It took 6 hours of phone calls, visits and online complaints for a crew to come and replace a fuse and a jumper wire. Disgraceful response time.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
To be fair, the contractors were really busy yesterday after the big storm of the previous night. In ProCab we had nearly 24 hours without luz but they got to us late afternoon yesterday and finally corrected all the damage done by falling trees etc.

I assume you heard about the tree that fell on the main road near Encuentro killing two people on a motorbike?

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To be fair, the contractors were really busy yesterday after the big storm of the previous night. In ProCab we had nearly 24 hours without luz but they got to us late afternoon yesterday and finally corrected all the damage done by falling trees etc.

I assume you heard about the tree that fell on the main road near Encuentro killing two people on a motorbike?
I did not hear about the deaths by falling tree. That was quite the little storm that popped up. My wife heard about it but failed ot tell me...

One would think Edenorte' s maintenance would include cutting back the trees so they don't hit power lines.
Oh well, that would be wishful thinking. They won't come into my development and do that after repeated calls.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Power and internet went out last night around 8:30pm due to a car crashing into a power pole just a little east of Cabarete East condos. Completely took out the concrete pole. Internet has just come back on a little while ago here.

• Sad