Edenorte is a disaster

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Power and internet went out last night around 8:30pm due to a car crashing into a power pole just a little east of Cabarete East condos. Completely took out the concrete pole. Internet has just come back on a little while ago here.
This is a straight section of highway with very little traffic at that hour. Considering that the pole was completely broken off at the base from the crash, I have to give Edenorte credit here. Power was only out for four hours. The driver had just painted the car for a young woman and decided to take it out for a drive. He was dead at the scene and the car destroyed.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
This is a straight section of highway with very little traffic at that hour. Considering that the pole was completely broken off at the base from the crash, I have to give Edenorte credit here. Power was only out for four hours. The driver had just painted the car for a young woman and decided to take it out for a drive. He was dead at the scene and the car destroyed.
I saw that car outside the police stations and the remains of the pole he hit at the scene. He must have been going at a hell of a speed, and as you say, the road is straight there. Good that Edenorte got the system working again quickly, but the power lines are still dangling low where the pole should be, so you may well have more outages on Monday when they repair that.

Reactions: cavok

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Power has been out pretty much all day in Cabarete and I'm sure in Sosua, also. I saw at least five different locations between Cabarete and Sosua where Edenorte crews were working.
Yeah - another 'maintenance ptojrct6' where they don't care of power is out for 10 hours.
Just when you think they have their 24/7 system rolling they pull a major outage out of their hard hat.
Not one week goes by without outages.

Reactions: drstock

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Yeah - another 'maintenance ptojrct6' where they don't care of power is out for 10 hours.
Just when you think they have their 24/7 system rolling they pull a major outage out of their hard hat.
Not one week goes by without outages.
What do you mean one week? I would rather say not one DAY goes by that there isn't an outage. Just today at my house there's been two in less than 2 hours. Yesterday the entire afternoon, I think it was Wednesday no electricity for a couple of hours during the night, the same Monday early morning... It was better 10 years ago..

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
What do you mean one week? I would rather say not one DAY goes by that there isn't an outage. Just today at my house there's been two in less than 2 hours. Yesterday the entire afternoon, I think it was Wednesday no electricity for a couple of hours during the night, the same Monday early morning... It was better 10 years ago..
Same here. The power clicks on and off almost everyday.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Another day, another day Edenorte can't keep the electricity on.
Someone (likely many) needs to be replaced in that agency.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting article in Sosua New about Edenorte investing 10 million pesos into the plant to provide Sosua with 24 hour power. Upgrade starts this Thursday. Is this a joke???

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Interesting article in Sosua New about Edenorte investing 10 million pesos into the plant to provide Sosua with 24 hour power. Upgrade starts this Thursday. Is this a joke???
Everything about Edenorte is a joke

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Yes it's a joke, but no electricity Thursday from 12 pm onward (they say until 6pm, but everyone knows that's not accurate)