EDENorte North Coast: Electricity Outages & Restoration Announcements

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The electric company that provides my electricity is Edeeste.
They have never provided electrical power to the places where I need it consistently.
I did not like it.
So I took action.
After 6 months of sitting in the dark after moving to the Dominican Republic I learned about inverter systems and batteries.
I purchased a power back up system.
I got burned on the entire purchase.
The seller had repurposed the components inside of my inverter and sold me used batteries.
Lost all my money.
Bought a new inverter and batteries.
I have replaced my original inverter since then with an upgrade and purchased a new set of batteries.
I am happy now.
My lights stay on.
I do not feel the need to rage against the electrical production machine here in the 🇩🇴

Although others may do so all they like. 🤪

EASTSIDE!!

Just for the record, I cannot use wind power on EASTSIDE!!
But it works just fine at my casa de campo.
Your requirements, are far less demanding than ours. That realization would go a long way in understanding why I have zero respect for Edenorte's management.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually I do realize that I have have very few requirements for living in this wonderful country.
When I get frustrated by issues of infrastructure here in the 🇩🇴
Instead of raging against the machine, I simply pay what I need to pay to resolve the issues that frustrate me.
Actions of a child @chico bill ?

I bruise my knees on the ground each day to give thanks that I have been giving an opportunity to not only live in the country but that throughout my life I have accumulated the resources that allow me to not just only live, but to live well.

I can buy an inverter and four batteries.
I cannot force stores to stock my favorite Bourbons.
An issue far more important to me.

You see I do not come from privilege.
I am gringo negro.
And I live on:
EASTSIDE!!
Your requirements, are far less demanding than ours. That realization would go a long way in understanding why I have zero respect for Edenorte's management.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
It has been out since about12:00 in Perla Marina SOSU101 . No info as to when it will be restored. It has been out for 6.5 hours which is unusual !

Olly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At 1:15 AM this morning there was a "bang" and yet another power outage, this time affecting our entire development.
I got a report number. I called again and Edenorte says they are not going to send someone from Puerto Plata to fix the problem until after 7 AM.

Customer service is getting worse. When they get here, they will probably just replace a fuse and not fix the root cause of the problem
so it will happen over and over and over...

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Not specific to your development or we live in the same one :)
Taking breakfast at surflodge at Encuentro ,they have the same issue. I have the same issue in my development as well which is close by.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not specific to your development or we live in the same one :)
Taking breakfast at surflodge at Encuentro ,they have the same issue. I have the same issue in my development as well which is close by.
We are a bit east of Encuentro on the non ocean side of the road. Still no arrival by a repair crew.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are not lucky .Was back at the same time for surf-lodge and my community...
Edenorte says contact with trees burned a power line. The trees need to be cut, power line replaced and then any blown fuses replaced.
Maybe sometime today.

I don't blame it on luck, it is incompetence from Edenorte.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Perla Marina no power since about 12:30 PM Tuesday 9th August. SOSU101 Circuit. Still out at 14:48 !

Anyone else off ? I know Playero is running its big generator !

Olly