Fabulous Drug Bust in LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Come on guys, like I said I think we've been here before, and not so long ago. You know the score, a pile on is uncool!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
its a pity they dont just legalise it and save a fortune in trying to stop it

No question about that, jr. What a huge waste of time, effort and money on the failed drug war.

Anyone that thinks by busting one shipment of drugs will stop others from doing the same lives in their own very special world. Only by removing the immense profits of currently illegal drugs will this be controlled.

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
LT does not need American flags - one or Canadian flags perhaps. Nor McDonalds!

yapask1

May 12, 2005
Drugs steal peoples souls. There is no benefit to society legalizing them. I am glad to see the huge seizures continue. These are not small amounts. DR is starting to become an uncomfortable place to trans ship narcotics. Now to find a solution to the piperos that were created when it was decided to pay in product instead of cash. And of course there is the deportee problem.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The strength of Las Terrenas is its people, including French, Italian, German, Swiss, Canadian, Americans, Dominicans and Haitians. If you are not interested in foreign cultures than I don't think Las Terrenas is for you or for that matter the DR. What is "speak American"?????????? As Americans, we are a small minority here and we don't need the ugly American attitude.

LTS

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Drugs steal peoples souls. There is no benefit to society legalizing them. I am glad to see the huge seizures continue. These are not small amounts. DR is starting to become an uncomfortable place to trans ship narcotics. Now to find a solution to the piperos that were created when it was decided to pay in product instead of cash. And of course there is the deportee problem.

There would be a huge benefit to legalizing, regulating and taxing currently illegal drugs. Drug abuse should be treated as a medical issue and not a criminal issue. Prohibition does not, has not, and never will work. History has provided that lesson. Driving up the price of illegal drugs only makes it more attractive for criminals to enter the business.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
And, of course, they told you exactly how it all happened... ;)
You should have been here last Wednesday; by now their stories have all been fabulated.

:rolleyes: :tired:

Even that is nonsense.

donP

What is the truth then ? Your opinion ?

Is crack really a problem in LT ? Walking around, it doesn't seem so. But again, living in NY, seeing one or 2 here and there, doesn't alarm me, lol.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There would be a huge benefit to legalizing, regulating and taxing currently illegal drugs. Drug abuse should be treated as a medical issue and not a criminal issue. Prohibition does not, has not, and never will work. History has provided that lesson.

you remind me of Romney and Bain capital.. always thinking of the bottom line and never thinking of the public good\\

Have you ever had anyone close to you strung out on heroin or cocaine? I have

Opium is still the strongest pain killer around. Heroin is the killer drug made to destroy inner city. Get out the dog whistle here, 'Dr Mengle. Remember the opium wars.

Coca leaves are used for crossing the Andes. Very useful. Crack kills.

Ganga is still pure.

You Libertarians can go to Bolivia to live

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
What is the truth then ?

Is crack really a problem in LT ? Walking around, it doesn't seem so. But again, living in NY, seeing one or 2 here and there, doesn't alarm me, lol.

It was not just Crack it was the international cartel.. MAMA MIA!!\\

and the DOM YORKS coming in with the diamond stud earrings and the drop down pants and the Mr Black

how nice, our very own Whore house.

so it is nice that they were busted

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
LT does not need American flags - one or Canadian flags perhaps. Nor McDonalds!

yapask1

I abhor McDonalds but ONE THIRD of the money of this island comes from the USA.

The flights from Europe are being cancelled to El Catey

if you think that jet blue will keep a loss leader flight into there for more than a few months, then you are mistaken.

And if you think that Canadians are more culturally sensitive.. ach...

i was at a hotel there when a group of them were SO breatheless about how GREAT it was that there was a NATIVE funeral, a Haitian Funeral that they could get so close to... that they had to push people away to get photographs ...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The strength of Las Terrenas is its people, including French, Italian, German, Swiss, Canadian, Americans, Dominicans and Haitians. If you are not interested in foreign cultures than I don't think Las Terrenas is for you or for that matter the DR. What is "speak American"?????????? As Americans, we are a small minority here and we don't need the ugly American attitude.

LTS

I am not, and have never been considered an ugly American

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
you remind me of Romney and Bain capital.. always thinking of the bottom line and never thinking of the public good\\

Have you ever had anyone close to you strung out on heroin or cocaine? I have

Opium is still the strongest pain killer around. Heroin is the killer drug made to destroy inner city. Get out the dog whistle here, 'Dr Mengle. Remember the opium wars.

Coca leaves are used for crossing the Andes. Very useful. Crack kills.

Ganga is still pure.

You Libertarians can go to Bolivia to live

I personally have no interest in Bolivia. I have never seen anyone strung out on heroine or cocaine. If I did it would not change my position on the failed drug war.

The damage done to society done by prohibition and the failed drug war was is found in the tens of thousands of people in jails rather than receiving medical treatment. Most of those people are minorities. The prison business along with the criminal justice system have vested interests in keeping drugs illegal since they profit immensely from prohibition.

The damage done to the individuals would be better approached with medical treatment programs.
If people still want to do drugs it is my opinion that they have every right to do so as long as they do nothing to harm anyone but themselves. The damage would be much less to society than currently caused by thousands upon thousands of jailed men and women removed from their families. Add that to the billions of dollars wasted on drug interception better spent on treatment of addicts. It is a failed war. More and more people are starting to realize that.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
It was not just Crack it was the international cartel.. MAMA MIA!!\\

and the DOM YORKS coming in with the diamond stud earrings and the drop down pants and the Mr Black

how nice, our very own Whore house.

so it is nice that they were busted

Why LT then ? Why not Samana or Nagua (would be more discreet imo) ?

DOM Yorks in LT ? was just there, didn't see any. The diamond stud earring and drop down pants I have seen were local reaggeatoneros :)

I agree it is nice that they were busted.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Why LT then ? Why not Samana or Nagua (would be more discreet imo) ?

DOM Yorks in LT ? was just there, didn't see any. The diamond stud earring and drop down pants I have seen were local reaggeatoneros :)

I agree it is nice that they were busted.

You probably do not spend as much time on the street as i do. They had taken over Pueblo de Pescadores. Were holding the parking lot and running the crack dealers and bringing in all the new shops. Standing ready to open up all the new little trinket places for the big guys from all over who were coming to join there Italian, Russian, French and Spanish top end Drug Lords who are already living here, thinking that they are safe from the law here.

Why should the high end drug dealers live in Samana or Nagua when they were going to take the entire peninsula? Las Terrenas is by far the nicest place to live.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

LTS

I say Speak American because I am very tired of English having the British Flag and being known as English.. I did a list once of the languages that I speak in terms of making myself understood by the residents of the country. English, as spoken in England. was 24th on my list.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The American language, as spoken, for example, in New York, which is where I come from, will use whatever word from whatever language is convenient. It is fluid and changing and adaptable. It does use the grammar from the UK but adapts and adds and morphs. I consider American English to be a different language. My British friends do as well. The best that most of them can muster is Mid Atlantic

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Volume from Colombia remains the same, quality has doubled, price has halved over the years.

The war on drugs is obviously working. :)

Legalize it, tax it and invest the ridiculous amounts of money currently spent policing it into education.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The American language, as spoken, for example, in New York, which is where I come from, will use whatever word from whatever language is convenient. It is fluid and changing and adaptable. It does use the grammar from the UK but adapts and adds and morphs. I consider American English to be a different language. My British friends do as well. The best that most of them can muster is Mid Atlantic

I suggest you stop using that Colombian marijuana...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Volume from Colombia remains the same, quality has doubled, price has halved over the years.

The war on drugs is obviously working. :)

Legalize it, tax it and invest the ridiculous amounts of money currently spent policing it into education.

I say that the GOVERNMENTS of the nations which have populations which are the consumers .. which are only the so called ADVANCED nations.. Should buy DIRECTLY from the nations which are suppliers.. and not disrupt all of the Caribbean and Central America. Sell it in government controlled stores like hard liquor is sold in North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.