Fabulous Drug Bust in LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I say that the GOVERNMENTS of the nations which have populations which are the consumers .. which are only the so called ADVANCED nations.. Should buy DIRECTLY from the nations which are suppliers.. and not disrupt all of the Caribbean and Central America. Sell it in government controlled stores like hard liquor is sold in North Carolina.

That is what would happen if the drug war was abandoned and common sense took over. It will not happen until more people realize that it is a war that is impossible to win.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Did anyone read that the boat came from Boca Chica so to me that means the coke was already here and the got busted trying to move it to the Bahamas still in the main scheme of things 200 plus kilos is mearly a small scratch on the surface as to the tons of coke that are coming thorough the hub known as the Domincan Republic. To those who say drugs and drug dealers ruin peoples live yea they do but what about alchohol cigerettes and prescribtion drugs ???? More people die from the use of those 3 things than anyone on drugs ?? Lots of other countries are legalising drugs are at least dicrimilising them. Why bicause the War on Drugs is a farce and a failure !!! While I am not sure about legal crack and herioine 9I have seen what both can do to people) as crack is a physcolgical addiction and herioine is a physical addiction I have yet to see Marijuana and loose coke destroy people most weed heads just like to be high and calm and most guys that snort coke do it when they are partying. But how about the countless bottles of rum and whiskley that get drunk ever Sunday here in this country and people are driving on the roads FUBAR and getting into accidents and killing innocents all over the world for that matter how many peopl have lung cancer from ccigerettes and how many people are addicted to pain killers and anti depressants ?/ No you never hear about that because they are qoute legal.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
What do you mean the DEA guys making a half mil a year are winning. The guys selling the night vision and the speedboats and all of the tactical gear are winning. The pvt contractors are still winning even though we are not in Iraq anymore.
Everyone wins except the taxpayer.
Prohibition is impossible, legalize it tax the snot out of it.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Why LT then ? Why not Samana or Nagua (would be more discreet imo) ?

DOM Yorks in LT ? was just there, didn't see any. The diamond stud earring and drop down pants I have seen were local reaggeatoneros :)

I agree it is nice that they were busted.

no such thing as local reaggeatoneros

that is attica, that is sing sing

that is dom york
that is drug culture cocaine diamond ear poison
that is the ugly american
that is sexy money honey
wall street cocaine stilletto heel whore money
moscow money
child trafficing money
that is the black hat music

just like the euro trash goa trance music that gaia club is blasting out to poison the children and kill the insects
it will put the children in a trance
that is what it is for

it is cobra seducing music for their young kundalinis

our music here is bachata
mereguene
kompa
son
juan luis guerra et al

if you listen to our men who sell our music

they are the ones who carry our discs on their backs

they will sing you the songs of our musicians

soon you will not hear them

because our musicians do not have amplifiers

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, thank Goddess, I now have a supplier from Haiti. I have used marijuana for depression for years. And yes, my doctors have always known this. I cannot use SSRIs.
Ok, now I understand what's the deal whenever you start posting the paranoid nonsense about Las Terrenas :) You're totally stoned after smoking too much Ganja ;)
The only problem is that a bunch of readers believe all those nonsense you write :(

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Yes, thank Goddess, I now have a supplier from Haiti. I have used marijuana for depression for years. And yes, my doctors have always known this. I cannot use SSRIs.

If you review some of your posts when you are sober, maybe you will understand the price that you are paying for your self-medication.
And that's why they call it Dope.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Have you ever had anyone close to you strung out on heroin or cocaine?

yes but it was their own decision and they would find the drugs no matter how many drug raids there are- it was also only his decision to stop like any other addiction.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
There would be a huge benefit to legalizing, regulating and taxing currently illegal drugs. Drug abuse should be treated as a medical issue and not a criminal issue. Prohibition does not, has not, and never will work. History has provided that lesson. Driving up the price of illegal drugs only makes it more attractive for criminals to enter the business.

I disagree. Legalising certain drugs could reduce crime in an environment where drugs were expensive and poor people had to carry a habit and the legal process could be carried through without an increase.
In DR or anywhere drugs are cheap there is no margin to reduce the price, at all. On the streets of Sto Domingo a gram of coke is RD450-600, in London it is ?60 a gram. Not that they would ever legalize coke, but to get the point across, to legalise coke in the UK they could actually reduce the costs, the cost is because of the lack of supply to demand. In the DR there is no lack of supply, and that street level price is rock bottom. And as for weed. All the weed is grown in the hills within the country and Haiti, pure profit, there is no room for legalising anything.
So legalising coke or weed in DR would not in any way work, of be economical to the user or the producers, simple.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
So legalising coke or weed in DR would not in any way work, of be economical to the user or the producers, simple.

There would be no coke in the DR if it were not on the way to Europe or the US. If it were legal who would bother to ship it?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Big Busts without DEA

What is the truth then ?
Few know.
[And I am not among them.]

Your opinion ?

The drug "bust" happened by accident, engine failure or lack of fuel.

The Dominican 'authorities' have little merit in that "bust".
They could not help but act after the fisherman had denounced the drug haul.
The poor guy was fearing for his life when jailed...

We all know that it takes the American DEA and Coast Guard to make the DNCD work and prevent them from dealing / stealing drugs. :tired:

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Ok, now I understand what's the deal whenever you start posting the paranoid nonsense about Las Terrenas :) You're totally stoned after smoking too much Ganja ;)
The only problem is that a bunch of readers believe all those nonsense you write :(

Actually, I have been working and reporting for Interpress Service and working with the undercover police in Las Terrenas since I lived there eight years ago.

I am not the least bit paranoid.

What I posted here was actually nothing but the very best of news for the village.

All the really bad and dangerous elements have left.

There will now be security and safety in the Village for the children.

I am no longer afraid for my friends, among whom I count the teachers of the kindergartens, the leader of the library and the editor of the paper.

But if you prefer to think that my medicine has affected my mental capacities because you disagree with my conclusions, then you are, of course, free to do so.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Few know.
[And I am not among them.]

The drug "bust" happened by accident, engine failure or lack of fuel.

The Dominican 'authorities' have little merit in that "bust".
They could not help but act after the fisherman had denounced the drug haul.
The poor guy was fearing for his life when jailed...

We all know that it takes the American DEA and Coast Guard to make the DNCD work and prevent them from dealing / stealing drugs. :tired:

donP

Have you not been following the story of the hauls that the Dominican authorities have been making all over the island over the last year? The arrests in San Francisco? the thousands of kilos off Bani? Week after week of headlines for an entire year.

And you make it sound like the entire Dominican military is the tiny little station up in LT

Trust me, you are very, very wrong.

I have been to briefings in the Capital with the Dirctors of Drug Control

And do you honestly believe that the DEA and Alcohol Tobaco and Firearms have not been all over this island like white on rice since Aristide?

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Mountainannie,

You keep saying you are a journalist. Please give us specifics. Something that we can check out. I have never seen a journalists with such poor writing skills.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
DR Journalists

Mountainannie,
You keep saying you are a journalist. (...) I have never seen a journalists with such poor writing skills.

In this country you do not need writing skills, nor care much about the truth. :bunny:

To me it seems, the more you lie, the more probable it is that you get a pension from the president's office... :tired:

donP

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
I agree that these busts provide hope..the DR can become a better investment location if important dents can be made in this trade. In a small, less developed nation like this one the scent of easy money brings about all kinds of unfavorable side-effects.
There will be other less favorable but necessary challenges, as we will see what the real economy will look like once the injection of unwanted drug money looks elsewhere. Our hope is that what results will be an opportunity to invest and promote wholesome tourism with a long term benefit to the country, and one that welcomes capital that can be buried in the natural beauty of the island and its people.
I commend the author in his/her efforts.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I disagree. Legalising certain drugs could reduce crime in an environment where drugs were expensive and poor people had to carry a habit and the legal process could be carried through without an increase.
In DR or anywhere drugs are cheap there is no margin to reduce the price, at all. On the streets of Sto Domingo a gram of coke is RD450-600, in London it is ?60 a gram. Not that they would ever legalize coke, but to get the point across, to legalise coke in the UK they could actually reduce the costs, the cost is because of the lack of supply to demand. In the DR there is no lack of supply, and that street level price is rock bottom. And as for weed. All the weed is grown in the hills within the country and Haiti, pure profit, there is no room for legalising anything.

So seem very versed in the prices. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.