Finally here and all set to make it happen.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to DR1 and welcome to the 'hood on theEast.
so will will go into straight competition for Eastern Cuisine with Balicana in Los Corales, a well established very good restaurant.
everything new is welcome here when it comes to different kind of outdahouseFoods.

good luck on your ventures

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I would think an Indian restaurant in Los Corales would complement Balicana, which serves south east Asian cuisine - Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand. No Indian dishes on the menu.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Hi All,

Greetings,

My name is Krishna and though originally from india but been living in Geneva for last ten years and now I am in this beautiful country which for me is home away from home.
My fianc? has been living here for past couple of years and now i understand why she is in love with this country.
Anyways i am opening an Indian restaurant by the end of March in Corales called NAMASTE, still looking for spice stores which has indian spices in Santo Domingo or anywhere in the country. Any idea? any help related to meat suppliers or veggies, fruits is always welcome from experts here.
Thank you all the members of this forum for helping out new comers like me.

Cordially,

Krishna Duddukuri.

Don't do it, Roll.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Finding a source of the spices you can't find here should not be difficult if you have a connection in Miami or New York that can ship them by the barrel full when needed using a Dominican door to door shipper. You can put a lot of spices in one barrel and they are not that expensive to ship. Probably be cheaper than purchasing those spices here.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Thank you for your Welcome and really appreciate it.
I have all the initial stock for next few months. Already checked with Asiatico and they are willing to be suppliers. Also have an
Aggarwals in Miami as suppliers but they need bulk orders. I am going to look at the other two links you sent me. Appreciate it so much. Ghee can be made at home. I mostly learnt cooking from my mother and grand mother from south india and worked in Switzerland cooking Indian food for a semi fine dining restaurant. Saying all this here it's a whole new world and a complete
challenge for me.
Regards.

For the prices you'll pay here, you may well want to import. I can't find jamaican jerk seasoning to save my life.

AjayShankar

Feb 13, 2015
Please share contact details...

Hiii,

Yes, lots of products like vegetables, butter, yogurt are very tasty here. definitely Ghee...
This is for Tommeyers.

Hi Krishna,

I live in Santo Domingo..Let me know if you need any help regarding the Indian spices and ghee..i knw where can we get all those Indian stuff..Happy to Help :)

Regards,
AjayShankar

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ajay, would you be willing to share any information here, in addition to what has already been posted?