FINALLY! I want a PITBULL!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
It's a name for a rat poison sold in the DR that could probably kill a horse :dead:

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
I'm sorry, but what is a "pacitos"??

I think the correct spelling is "Tres pasitos", the meaning behind is that once the rat eats this poison (any living and walking thing for that matter), it will take three little steps and die thus "tres pasitos".

I think there was some type of news report about this product in the American Media a long time ago. The concern was that this product is very strong and there was no regulation on it. Basically, people (Dominicans) were bringing this poison to the US in their luggage. The news media's pronounciation was "tresh pasiros" LOL:classic:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
heldengebroed said:
So are you going to give every lab, golden or cocker the same salamy treatment?

Johan

No. I wouldn't give these dogs the salamy treatment, because unlike pitbulls these are family dogs. When was the last time you heard a cocker spaniel maul a child to death?

Like I said I have two dogs (Dominican dogs who eat Mangu and chimichurry). No they are not "pure bred", but they are good guard dogs.

heldengebroed said:
On a personal note: My dogs are anti-salamy trained but i can assure you that if someone tries to poison my dog(s) he won't be walking again. Don't forget you leave a trail going up to the dog... and a trained dog can easely follow that trail and a simple command "search and bite" is enough.

Greetings

Johan

Okay then...I guess we won't be living next to each other any time soon...so we can both continue to be able to walk. I value my legs very much, so please tell your dog not to eat my legs...

This is hilarious. He would have the dog follow the trail back to the person who tried to poison him...and once there he would order the dog to BITE!!!

How long have you lived in The DR? Do you think the person will be waiting for you and your dog with a Salami Induveca to fight you off?

Anyhow, continue on with your thread...

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
In belgium half of the bite accidents happen with Golden Retrievers. The difference is that a Pittbull attack is "News" and a Golden that attacks is an accident. And off Cockers being a family dog. Here is something a breeder of Cockers once told me:" I don't know one owner who has had a cocker for over 10 years who hasn't had been bitten."

A a trained dog will not eat salami or anything else from a stranger. In fact if i have to place my dogs somewhere (parents) when i take a vacation they don't eat for 3 days or even if you want to give him something in my precense he won't take it. So this leaves a bit of treated salami and a scent trail. The only thing to do is to give the scent to the dog and order him to go find and bite the guy who did this. Mine tends to go for the knee....

And for your information i wouldn't follow my dog to order him to bite the order was given from the start and doesn't have to be repeated.

This isn't hilarious it is basic training for a Policedog.

Greetings

Johan

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Well folks, it looks like I'm getting a boxer afterall. A friend of mine has two and the one is pregnant, so, he said if I don't find a pitbull by the time she has her pups then I'm welcome to one of them. This is what I was looking for ... at least I know where the pup is coming from.

Stay well,
Amy

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
boxer...glad for you

amy2761 said:
Well folks, it looks like I'm getting a boxer afterall. A friend of mine has two and the one is pregnant, so, he said if I don't find a pitbull by the time she has her pups then I'm welcome to one of them. This is what I was looking for ... at least I know where the pup is coming from.

Stay well,
Amy

Look up ..BOXERWORLD,great site.BEST OF LUCK.;)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
boxer

Good choice Amy! Boxers are fun, playful dogs. I hope you have a lot of energy!

Larry

madism

Aug 12, 2005
juanita said:
Amy,

why don't you consider a Boxer, they are the most loving, playfull, cuddly dogs. And beleive me, no Dominican will approach your house; my girl in Santo Domingo had people jumping on cars once when she got loose! I would never trust a pittbull, it is in their blood to attack!

very ignorant hehe, if you raise a child to steal, he will steal, if you teach a pitbull to be mean he will be mean, vice versa...

its like going by what people say int he U.S and if so, here are some examples.

all black people are criminals
all jews are greedy
all dominicans sell drugs
all puertoricans steal hubcaps
all mexicans swam to the U.S

simply makes no sense why people judge a breed by what some do, pitbulls are misstreated half the time, and thats why there are lots of cases with them being mean dogs, they are raised to be mean by their owners, ive had pitbulls all my life since i could remember, and none of my dogs ever bit or even tried attacking any humans. sooo thats just nonsense. like the above statements of races.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
madism said:

I'd say that Cubans do that 'cause Mexicans run up a hill, down the other side, climb the fence, up I-5 and they're home free.......so un-PC :eek: . Sue me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

P.S: A Mexican individual disrespected me yesterday so ignore the comments if you're too sensitive.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
madism said:
all jews are greedy

:tired: Where did this come from! Oh...never mind!

madism

Aug 12, 2005
juanita said:
:tired: Where did this come from! Oh...never mind!

instead of focusing on the negative / sarcastic part of my post and only pointing that out, why dont you re-read it and try to make sense of it.. come on i have faith in you, im sure you can pull it off.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
madism said:
very ignorant hehe, if you raise a child to steal, he will steal, if you teach a pitbull to be mean he will be mean, vice versa...

all jews are greedy

simply makes no sense why people judge a breed by what some do, pitbulls are misstreated half the time, and thats why there are lots of cases with them being mean dogs, they are raised to be mean by their owners, ive had pitbulls all my life since i could remember, and none of my dogs ever bit or even tried attacking any humans. sooo thats just nonsense. like the above statements of races.

i thought jews supposed to be cheap & racist,, not greedy.

puertoricans don't steall hubcaps,,, they buy the drugs that dominicans sell.

pitbulls have always been a dangerous pet animal. if someone thinks differently is b/c either they love this dog too much or they don't watch the news when pitbulls atack kids, adults.

and mexican cross the border to the land that used to belong to them.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
madism said:

all jews are greedy

I think you're stretching it a little bit here buddy.

Yeah we know...Your pitbull is different. Kind of like the "My sankie is different..." argument that we've heard time and again in the sankie forum.

All I can say is keep it away from me or "Salami con el!!!"

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Honey my ?I would never trust a pittbull, it is in their blood to attack!? comment was made with research. When I was looking into getting my first dog I did a lot of research on the subject, I had 4 breeds in mind; Doberman, Boxer, Rottweiler and yes dear, Pittbull. I wanted a dog that would scare the hell out of ladrones but safe to have around my kid. I read everything I could find and Pittbulls were describes as such. Maybe I phrase it wrongly ?it is in their genes to attack?! Come?on I have faith you will understand this much! :tired:

"my pitbull is different. Kind of like the "My sankie is different..." ahahah..good one! :classic:

madism

Aug 12, 2005
juanita said:
Honey my ?I would never trust a pittbull, it is in their blood to attack!? comment was made with research. When I was looking into getting my first dog I did a lot of research on the subject, I had 4 breeds in mind; Doberman, Boxer, Rottweiler and yes dear, Pittbull. I wanted a dog that would scare the hell out of ladrones but safe to have around my kid. I read everything I could find and Pittbulls were describes as such. Maybe I phrase it wrongly ?it is in their genes to attack?! Come?on I have faith you will understand this much! :tired:

"my pitbull is different. Kind of like the "My sankie is different..." ahahah..good one! :classic:

you dont need to have faith i comprehend everything you say, now give me the so-called 'research' about pitbulls :]
(high doubts, im expecting 'sorry i dont remember where' for an answer)
and like i said its how you raise them ;] you raise a dog with love it will be that way...... viceeeeeee versa.
i have friends with completely EVIL pitbulls... that could dismantle a human in minutes if not seconds.... but they were raised to do so.

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Argentine Dogo

Here is the breed you need. I combines all the ones everyone is telling you to get. They are big with drug dealers in the central US.

http://dogs-puppies.dogs-central.com/argentine-dogo-puppy/index.html

The Argentine Dogo was developed in Argentina by Dr. Antonio Nores Martinez in the 1920's. He wanted a dog who was a good pack hunter and guardian, but could also be trusted with the family. He started with a now extinct mastiff-type breed called the Dog of Cordoba. He added Great Dane, Boxer, Spanish Mastiff, Bulldog, Bull Terrier, Great Pyrenees, Pointer, Irish Wolfhound and Dogue de Bordeaux. The resulting breed, not only met Martinez,' original expectations as a big game hunter and family guardian, but has also been successful as a guide dog and in military and police. The Argentine Dogo is an excellent guardian of the home. Loyal to the family, playful and intelligent. It is good with children and loves to kiss and cuddle with those the family accepts. Dogos are easy to train. This is a highly intelligent, powerful dog who needs a firm and consistent, but loving hand.

Kevin

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
The Dogo.......I like them. That's the dog in the movie "Next Friday" that took a hit from the blunt.... ;)

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Drugdog said:
Here is the breed you need. I combines all the ones everyone is telling you to get. They are big with drug dealers in the central US.

http://dogs-puppies.dogs-central.com/argentine-dogo-puppy/index.html

The Argentine Dogo was developed in Argentina by Dr. Antonio Nores Martinez in the 1920's. He wanted a dog who was a good pack hunter and guardian, but could also be trusted with the family. He started with a now extinct mastiff-type breed called the Dog of Cordoba. He added Great Dane, Boxer, Spanish Mastiff, Bulldog, Bull Terrier, Great Pyrenees, Pointer, Irish Wolfhound and Dogue de Bordeaux. The resulting breed, not only met Martinez,' original expectations as a big game hunter and family guardian, but has also been successful as a guide dog and in military and police. The Argentine Dogo is an excellent guardian of the home. Loyal to the family, playful and intelligent. It is good with children and loves to kiss and cuddle with those the family accepts. Dogos are easy to train. This is a highly intelligent, powerful dog who needs a firm and consistent, but loving hand.

Kevin

So how easy are they to get ahold of in the Dominican Republic?

Stay well,
Amy

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Why would I waist my time looking it up again if I have no interest in this dog! And you?re starting to get on my Canadian nerves with your sarcastic comments! :tired: