Flights to Europe

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
yes, that is exactly what it is.
I had already guests arriving that route.
they book BA but the flight is done by partnered Iberia, even that bookings show teh original BA flight number.
they arrive London-Madrid-St Dgo, a long journey and then I provide their private direct transfers to their respective Hotel in Punta Cana.
those are dozens of regular customers, visiting every year again near year's end and the general opinion within the guests is that they would not book Punta Cana/DR at all again for next year unless they can fly direct Manchester or London into PC Intl. without the layover in Spain and the transfer from Las Americas.
the UK may not be the biggest country of the planet, but there is a very significant clientel of regular PC Visitors from the UK, a clientel that built up very nicely over the last few years.
to loose on that specific part of the market would def be a significant loss for Punta Cana/DR
Wouldn’t the brits be better off going via Miami to Punta Cana ?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
BA has apparently decided not to cancel the PUJ route, at least as of now, and there are flights operating on 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th 22nd, 26th, 29th and 31st December, then 4 flights per week in January. This is all subject to change and we should know towards the end of next week if these dates are going to stick.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
BA has apparently decided not to cancel the PUJ route, at least as of now, and there are flights operating on 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th 22nd, 26th, 29th and 31st December, then 4 flights per week in January. This is all subject to change and we should know towards the end of next week if these dates are going to stick.
I thought it was never coming back. What do you think changed their minds ?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I thought it was never coming back. What do you think changed their minds ?

I think in truth they probably haven't decided yet whether they are going to come back or not. They are just waiting to see the loads and the profitability of the route, and I guess will take things as they come. The flights were blocked from sale for a while but have been available for sale again for a week or so now.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I think in truth they probably haven't decided yet whether they are going to come back or not. They are just waiting to see the loads and the profitability of the route, and I guess will take things as they come. The flights were blocked from sale for a while but have been available for sale again for a week or so now.
I turns out I was lucky to get to Denmark in the short window between the UK travel ban on Denmark over the mink virus and Denmarks travel ban on the UK over the new more contagious strain in the UK. For flying to the DR again next summer I will be hoping for the BA Gatwick to Punta Cana or maybe look at Iberia Madrid to Santo Domingo and in both casas make a stop and visit friends in London or Madrid. It was not an easy trip. Tested twice now in Denmark Covid negative at arrival and 4-5 days afterwards again as recommended.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Glad you made it......
All UK flights are banned by the DR jut now.
My daughter was notified of the GTW-PUJ cancellation.
Hopefully , she'll reroute thru NYC to the UK

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Glad you made it......
All UK flights are banned by the DR jut now.
My daughter was notified of the GTW-PUJ cancellation.
Hopefully , she'll reroute thru NYC to the UK
It wasn’t easy. I was almost late from Las Terrenas lol but there aren’t many traveling so security and immigration goes quickly. In checkin I had to fill in a form online for entering the UK. Never seen it before and wondering if its both covid and brexit related. The AA employee was very helpful so it went smoothly and he printed it out for me but I was not asked for it at Heathrow but in Miami they did and there I had to checkin again for the BA flight. They suddenly said I needed a covid test for entering Denmark . I was sure I didn’t as a Danish citizen and I found some proof online and they found the same info after some time but a little scare and good I had a lot of time. When I was at gate in Miami to fly to Heathrow I felt relaxed from then. Heathrow airport was smooth and I didn’t have to be there to long. Again easier than normal in security and immigration because of less people traveling. When I arrived in Denmark I was a bit confused about the testing and didn’t do the quick test inside airport as I was told I could do it outside. It was a big tent and a long line outside and cold so I skipped it and went on train from Copenhagen to Aarhus. I tested next day in Aarhus and again after 5 days. Both negative. Denmark is back in a type lockdown but it’s not a big problem right now for me and not my family either but it is for others and in january it will be very problematic if it continues. Denmark is rolling out the pfizer vaccination after christmas first in homes for the elderly and then for health care workers. Regarding masks it wasn’t to bad but at boarding in SD an AA employee said I couldn’t use the ones with filter and I had brought 5 of them lol . Luckily I had one of the blue ones I had just grabbed and brought with me from Las Terrenas. But on rest of trip used the ones with filter.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
nice to hear you reached the destination of your adventure flight.
to fill in the eform will soon be the way to present customs declarations etc, anything papework to be filled out will soon be history for travel.
BUT some countries, like DR, still have to work on funcionality of their e-forms, that wll not take long.

Merry Christmas!

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
nice to hear you reached the destination of your adventure flight.
to fill in the eform will soon be the way to present customs declarations etc, anything papework to be filled out will soon be history for travel.
BUT some countries, like DR, still have to work on funcionality of their e-forms, that wll not take long.

Merry Christmas!
I actually didn’t present any dr custom form as they have sometimes asked for in the past when you leave. Just the dr immigration form as a resident. The form for UK said UK Visa & Immigration and Public Health Passenger Locater Form. It was fairly simple.

Reactions: MikeFisher