foreign couple killed in cabrera

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I never heard of a suicide by multiple stab wounds like it was reported.
Anyways, if it was a suicide, why would you round up "38 suspects?"

Last edited:

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
I never heard of a suicide by multiple stab wounds like it was reported.
Anyways, if it was a suicide, why would you round up "38 suspects?"

It was an old, and now discredited rumor, 2020. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The main suspect, as everyone predicted, has been let go, alas. Ditto with the missing Canadian woman.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
yes gated.

Security guard was questioned & released... always was a rumor only.

As said earlier... the opinion is that this was not a random act.
There was purpose to it.

Since living down here I've noticed when crimes like these are finally solved, the victim and the perp
often knew each other. Sad. I've also noticed since living down here the nicer areas/ communities that "feel"
the safest tend to be the most dangerous, especially for the more older/ retired residents who choose to
live down here full time.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They will always question the guard.

Did you see anything?
Where were you ?

People think the guard was a suspect - I doubt that
Like looking at the video tape but w/o a tape, you question the guard.

The situation there has guards but could hardly be called a 'secure' area.
Wide open all around
Guards opens/closes the gates for vehicles
Perhaps they patrol the streets at night.... dunno

The other issue, Lynn Sabloff is more frightening to my mind.
That seemed to come out of nowhere.

As to this couple, something is hidden in the weeds..... too deliberate - IMO

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
https://es-es.facebook.com/Cabrera589-335087634599/

PN Apresan tres hombres involucrado en doble homicidio en Cabrera
Cabrera-Jes?s Ma. De la Cruz Guzm?n,Joel Mi. Almonte (el Gago) y V?ctor A. Polanco Rosario (Rodolfo) fueron detenidos por agentes de La Polic?a Nacional en relaci?n con el doble homicidio de una pareja de extranjeros en Cabrera.
Los tres implicados fueron capturados por uniformados de la Direcci?n Central de Investigaci?n Criminales (DICRIM),tras varias semanas de intensas investigaciones.
La instituci?n, indic? que los j?venes guardan relaci?n con el asesinato de Anthony (Bob) Thomas y Audrey Tromp cuyos cuerpos fueron hallados en estado de descomposici?n el 4 de enero en interior de su vivienda en el sector los Farallones en el municipio de Cabrera.
La Fuerza Publica despleg? este fin de semana un fuerte operativo para capturar a los tres hombres-plenamente identificados-, quienes tambi?n serian los autores de la desaparici?n de lynn Margaret Sabloff de 67 a?os de edad de origen canadiense, lo cual a permanecido desaparecida desde el 9 de enero.
Autoridades aun no han revelado el paradero de Sabloff luego de la captura de los tres implicados.
El Ministerio publico dict? un a?o de prisi?n preventiva en contra los tres hombres acusados del doble homicidio.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...ados-de-asesinar-a-tres-extranjeros-NX2671069

rough translation:

DICRIM arrested four people accused of being members of a gang of killers who murdered three foreigners in the municipality Cabrera, in the province of Maria Trinidad Sanchez.

Jes?s Mar?a de la Cruz Guzm?n, 27 years old; Joel Manuel Almonte (El Gago), 25 years old; V?ctor Adolfo Polanco Rosario Rodolfo and Wendiso Marino Mart?nez are charged with the deaths of american Robert Thomas Tokarz, 70 years old; aruban Andrei Frances Jamine Tron, 57; and canadian Lynn Margaret Sabloff, 66.

According to the Police, the detainees admitted having committed the crimes and reported that from the first two victims they stole 5,300 pesos in cash, 150 US dollars, a gold chain, a bag containing two laptop computers, two pairs of shoes, a cell phone and jewelery.

It is said that the chain stolen from Robert Tokarz was voluntarily handed over by the businessman Jorge Yamil Valdez, owner of a pawn shop in Gaspar Hernandez, who claimed to have paid ten thousand pesos to the detainee Jes?s Mar?a de la Cruz Guzm?n, the receipt for this purchase is in the possession of the police investigators.

The other stolen items were recovered by the police investigators in a bushes during a search in the presence of the prosecutor Moreno Guerrero.

The criminals also admitted that they killed a canadian Lynn Margaret Sabloff, on the 8th of January, after hijacking her vehicle on the way to Puerto Plata.

They said that the body was abandoned in bushes at the exit of Cabrera and that they took the vehicle, which was recovered in the hands of Wendiso Marino Martinez Medrano, one of the people arrested.

They led to the authorities to the place where the body was located, lifted and sent to INACIF office in San Francisco de Macoris for the corresponding analysis.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
That all sounds believable except Lynn's safe was found stolen and thrown in that river on the way to Gasper Hernandez area, so I don't think she could have been hijacked when already on the highway. I am sure she didn't travel with her safe!? And I dont think they would have hijacked her on the highway, killed her, THEN gone back to her house in her stolen car?! Seems a bit odd, but the rest makes me glad to hear they have caught these four guys!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she could have been brought back home and killed later on. maybe more details will come to light later on.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
LD adds a bit to the story: the criminals have been known to the police already for robberies. PN is investigating whether the gang has committed any other crimes and whether there are more members involved.
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...e-pertenecer-a-una-banda-de-asesinos-en-serie

This just backs up what I've been saying all along.
The local police in these communities know darn well who is doing what in these streets.
Local criminals and their behaviour are tolerated until they do something stupid
like shoot or kill a victim.
Then and only then will the police act.
I am not surprised at all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's what I hear...

The 3 in custody.... one from Cabrera (known bad guy), another from la Llanada(close by) and the 3rd from RSJ
All local to some degree.

Lynn Sabloff was a recluse.. they were smart here.
she could be gone for days and nobody would miss her... sadly.

The other couple... who knows, but it seems they knew them....
not really a break & enter, if we heard correctly.

Watchman is off the list - again.... never was a player, if you ask me.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

THIS is the official release from the National Police.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1038950742794110&id=231879190167940

Graphic provided by PN follows:

You may open it by itself by clicking:
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...85_1038950569460794_3209706828245072716_o.jpg

2hsaeiu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
PN has pretty good presence on social media. i often check their twitter or that of the vocero of PN. very informative.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
[video=youtube;12E0E-KuwNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12E0E-KuwNg[/video]

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This and the other case are covered in this DR1 news roundup report:
Cabrera "Serial killers" arrested
Police officers attached to the Central Criminal Investigation Department (DICRIM) have arrested four members of what they describe as a gang of serial killers, accused of killing a US man, a woman from Aruba and a Canadian woman in Cabrera, in the northeastern province of Maria Trinidad Sanchez province last month.
Those arrested and sent to one-year's pre-trial detention are 27-year old Jesus Maria de la Cruz Guzman, Joel Manuel Almonte (El Gago), 25, Victor Adolfo Polanco Rosario Rodolfo and Wendiso Marino Martinez.
They are accused of killing 70-year old US citizen Robert Thomas Tokarz, his 57-year old partner from Aruba, Audrey Frances Janine Tromp, and 66-year old Canadian Lynn Margaret Sabloff.
Tokarz and Tromp were both stabbed in the neck, and Tromp also sustained head injuries when three of the accused men entered their home in Los Farallones, Cabrera. Eight days later the Canadian woman was killed, also in Cabrera.
The accused have admitted to the crimes and also stole RD$5,300 in cash, US$150, a gold chain, a bag with two laptop computers, two pairs of shoes, a cell phone and other items of jewelry.
The gold chain that was taken from Tokarz was handed over voluntarily by a pawnbroker in Gaspar Hernandez who said he had paid Jesus Maria de la Cruz Guzman RD$10,000 for it. The other stolen items were discovered in some scrubland.
The accused also admitted to killing the Canadian woman, Lynn Margaret Sabloff on 8 January 2016 after stopping her when she was driving into Puerto Plata. They said they had left her body in an empty lot outside Cabrera and took the vehicle that was found in the possession of one of those arrested, Wendiso Marino Martinez Medrano. They took the authorities to the site where they had dumped the body, which has now been sent to the Regional Center for Forensic Science in San Francisco de Macoris.
DICRIM are now trying to establish whether the gang was responsible for any other crimes and if any more members might be at large.
http://elnacional.com.do/policia-desmantela-banda-de-presuntos-asesinos-en-serie/
http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...bres-implicados-en-muerte-de-tres-extranjeros