Foreigners crying to get DR only Pizza choice!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The lack of sufficient (and good) sauce on a pizza is one big problem with pizza here. It is like the sauce is painted on with a brush to provide a color under the sparse toppings.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
The lack of sufficient (and good) sauce on a pizza is one big problem with pizza here. It is like the sauce is painted on with a brush to provide a color under the sparse toppings.

I have to agree-I tried some of these lower end pizzas in DR and the sauce is just horrible. I won't name the names, but you probably know who they are.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
No need to go to other parts of the planet, vastly superior pizza is available within walking distance of Pizza Huts right in Santo Domingo, in my opinion. Also in my opinion, Pizza Hut's ongoing war with its customers' arteries is scandalous. This latest atrocity is rather like using lard to season chicharrones.

You might want to eat pizza in other parts of the planet, before imagining anyone is going to cry for the lack of access to a particular Pizza Hut creation :)

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Yes, I know who they are. People in Pizza Houses should not throw stones - but since I am not in the pizza business, I will say those lower end pizzas are to better pizza what "beach spaghetti" (you know, the stuff families bring in big pots to beach outings) is to a freshly made plate of pasta with homemade sauce - but this is only one opinion.

I have to agree-I tried some of these lower end pizzas in DR and the sauce is just horrible. I won't name the names, but you probably know who they are.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In KNoxville a local pizza place said he'd put anything one asked for on the pizza. I asked for corn, and he didn't have any in house. but the next week he had bought some. It was soon on his menu.
Der Fish

That is a corny story.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Good pizza in the DR (and cheaper than Pizzahut):

La Locanda: (recommending Pizza Gamberi)
Sapore e Antipasti: (recommending Pizza Estiva)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Oh dear.. another thread on pizza.. I truly feel sorry for anyone who thinks anything made by Pizza Hut can be edible. Frozen dough run through a conveyor belt oven and very poor quality cheese.

The guy who used to own Chico's in Cabrera is suppose to be opening in Santiago anytime now. I'll see if I can find his new location. Wood-fired stone refractory oven.

He opened a couple of months ago. The new place is called Brix. It's in Villa Olga on Av. Benito Juarez. I haven't had the pizza but tried a few other things on the menu...good stuff!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
New Double Hut Cheese Pizza Has Double The Stuffed Crust

Just when you thought pizza couldn?t get better than stuffed crust pizza Pizza hut goes and makes a double stuffed crust pizza.
No, we?re not talking double the cheese bursting through the outer crust, we?re talking a second ring of stuffed crust in the middle of the freaking pizza. Hear that? That?s the sound of junk food addicts? minds all over the world being blown with too much epicness.
The kicker? The inner sanctum of stuffed crust goodness also houses a cup of marinara sauce for your dipping pleasure. Double the stuffed crust, double the fun.
Now for the bad news, the Double Hut Cheese Pizza is currently only available in the Dominican Republic. I know, we?re heartbroken too

Read more at New Double Hut Cheese Pizza Has Double The Stuffed Crust |Foodbeast

Doble-Stuffed-Pizza.jpg

Are you serious. This is one step above frozen. Come on man!

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
Anywhere that I've eaten pizza in Santiago I always get a heartburn. But the other day I ate a slice that was really good, the cheese, the marinara sauce was good too. It is a new place called 212 New York Pizza. It is on Calle San Luis, two blocks away from La Fortaleza San Luis. To me it tasted pretty much like pizzas that I had in Hoboken, very good :D

Feb 7, 2007
I am still trying to understand the pizza with corn on it. Maybe it is me (probably is ) but it just doesn't sound or look all that appetizing to me. Tried it once and that was enough for me.

My homemade favorite pizza comes with ham, pepperoni and corn.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Where is this restaurant located?

In Las Rocas. See Trip Advisor.

Between Costambar and Cofresi. Take the right at the VENUS caba?a sign, then left and it's the last place on your right. Go back out the way you came in; the continuance of the road is quite rough.

They close after 30 JULY (father's day) for summer vacation. If you don't make it before, be sure to try them when they get back. PS: try the Linguini Frutti Di Mare (or fettuccini).

Stefy & Natale's.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
In Las Rocas. See Trip Advisor.

Between Costambar and Cofresi. Take the right at the VENUS caba?a sign, then left and it's the last place on your right. Go back out the way you came in; the continuance of the road is quite rough.

They close after 30 JULY (father's day) for summer vacation. If you don't make it before, be sure to try them when they get back. PS: try the Linguini Frutti Di Mare (or fettuccini).

Stefy & Natale's.jpg

or he or she can just turn at the sign that says La Roka, and drive straight towards it up the slight hill.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
There are some decent Pizza shops in the DR. Suprisingly much like the rest of the world they are not franchise.

When it comes to Pizza depending on your taste you need a small family owned shop.

I would never eat Pizza Hut Dominoes Papa Johns Little Ceasars or any of that sugar infused garbage.

I have eaten Little Ceasars plenty of time. When your coming home from work and you very hungry LC is very convenient. I mean JB where else can you get a" HOT & READY" pizza for 5 bucks????

I eat LC and Pizza Hut, but not the other two because they are not good especially Papa Johns.

Cheap pizza is not all bad LOL!!! I think I will grab a 5 dollar LC on the way home today.

Never got the "Dominican "CORN" on pizza THING!
Is that done in any other countries?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Someone told me they put corn on their pizza in Japan as well as a few other Countries I forget.

I ordered a veggie pizza yesterday at The Beach Club and the ingredients on the menu did not include corn which surprised me but when I got the pizza the corn was on it, I was not happy! :mad:

They sure like to only mention half the ingredients on stuff at restaurants here! GRRRR!!

Feb 7, 2007
Never got the "Dominican "CORN" on pizza THING!
Is that done in any other countries?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yes... corn is quite frequently used in Central/Eastern Europe. You can find many varieties of pizza that use corn as a topping. I also found out corn is widely used on Pizzas in Brazil and Argentina.

Also just found a pizzeria in Germany, out of 35 pizza types in thee menu, 7 includes corn

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Anchovies baby!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Funny, many shops I frequent know me because I am one of the few that orders the little fishies. :)