foreigners real estate to crash

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
it's kinda boring to see people bring that up. it does not even register a tiny notch on dominican economy. do you think the government cares that some illegals fork out few bucks on groceries and employ someone at a minimum salary, with no insurance and below income tax level?

Very true, governments rarely care about the people employed at a minimum salary, with no insurance and below income tax level.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if all snowbirds left it would make no difference whatsoever for DR as a whole, sorry 'bout it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Buying property is one means of securing residency here. So property owners are really incented to finish the job and get legal.

That nice lady lawyer from Guzman explained not too long ago in the legal forum that there has not yet been a single case where Dominican real estate holdings have been accepted as a qualification for residency.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
if all snowbirds left it would make no difference whatsoever for DR as a whole, sorry 'bout it.

I guess the DR gets enough visitors already....enough so that they can forget about an entire sector, tiny may it be.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I guess the DR gets enough visitors already....enough so that they can forget about an entire sector, tiny may it be.

correct. nearly 2 million tourist between january and april this year. few thousand snowbird gringos are completely irrelevant. deal with it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Rome wasn't built in a day. Even first world countries struggle with the implementation of changes within their own immigration systems.

There is indeed going to be a visa option available for long term tourists wishing to stay more than 30 days but less than 6 months. I suspect if that program is not ready (at this late juncture I can't see how it possibly could be) for this years influx of snow-a-phobes then I expect those arriving Oct. - Mar. will just get a get a provincial pass from Migracion this season and pay the exit fine on the way home.

These snowbirds may encounter some of the other changes that have occurred in during their absence.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Many on DR1 seem to think people stay long enough to become a resident. Snowbirds at this time cannot get legal....many, many condos and homes are held by snowbirds. Many things for people staying less than 6 months are going to be a problem.

Wish it were as simple as "Just get legal". I know I have made other plans, with other countries as they are much easier to deal with as far as immigration goes.

yeh stupid yeh millions of dollares lost thats x's 45....ha ha ha it will change (the snowbird rule)but when when it is too late...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
With the new rules on foreigner (non) legalization , and cops stopping you all the time , everyone driving illegally as they cant get a DR drivers licence , with insurance (auto and health) that doesn't even cover you if you pay
the premiums, I think most will eventually decide to pack up and sell their houses and apartments .

Should be some great deals for anyone stupid enough to buy them .

nice piece of brainless crap.
I happily buy from all of the stu's who have to leave to their own stupidity/lazyness/leak of education.
and as far as a Illegal goes, he can not even sell anything legally, so he gets nothing at all. no selling, just leaving.
in germany i would biach about any freebies given to illegal immigrants,
in the USA the "locals" biach about the illegal immigrants,
in Canuck Land they biach about the illegal immigrants,
etc etc etc ...
how can some be that stu to bitch at home and then go elsewhere,
just to become a Illegal Immigrant and then finally wanna biach about the "Locals" to kick their sorry illegal azzes out and back home???

what's your point of your pointless statement??

are you one of those who claim to have made so HIGH INVESTMENTS here but failed to have the brain to also add 500.- bucks for a residency to that investment 20 years ago??
well, it shows your smartness.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Many on DR1 seem to think people stay long enough to become a resident. Snowbirds at this time cannot get legal....many, many condos and homes are held by snowbirds. Many things for people staying less than 6 months are going to be a problem.

Wish it were as simple as "Just get legal". I know I have made other plans, with other countries as they are much easier to deal with as far as immigration goes.

can you show me one single case of a snowbird, who been bothered for his/her "overstaying" by the DR authorities of any kind??
i did not hear about such.
i don't think the gov has any intention to bother such persons.
they will get their visa thingy to extend their tourist card for their up to 180 days stays,
but anyways, nobody bothers such visitors, and from the ones which i have since many years as neighbours winter and winter again and again, i don't see any missing name on the bookings for the winter 2015/2016 condominium booking or charter fishing booking lists.
they are not affected by the whole thing at all.
and they will get their "official" procedure thingy offered before the winter season starts.
for NOW,
it's about decreasing the inflow of way overnumbered Haitians,
and get rid of some very few thousand sneaky Gringitos.
most long time stayers have their DR family here anyways, married or not, that's enough to get the stuff in order easily and hasslefree from here and stay and continue sweet islandlife and condo-owner or tourguide-life without probs.

the few who don't fit because they been a few decades too lazy to do such back in the day super easy simple thingy,
well,
bye bye,
nobody will miss 'em anywhere.
and don't tell me they had been contributing to the country's economy and education and blah blah blah soooo much,
they didn't,
they shyt, even if they had some msmall money to buy a lil appartment or whatsoever.
they never scratched the surface of anything,
and nobody will miss 'em anywhere.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
peoples will leave as they have done before...leave a 250k$ house sure...wtf...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
What snowbird in their right mind would every buy now in say punts Cana, if they knew the situation now.
(Or build a house for that matter)

Or course who really needs them. All they ever do is spend money and employ people.

where do you get all your ""Info"" from???
many snowbirds do not buy at all, they enjoy the freedom to visit for 3-6 months per year, explore their areas every year more and more and enjoy to be flexibel and rent next year in the neighbour residency or neighboured town or on the other side of the island.
the ones who buy are smart persons, they are sooo smart that they get their legal act together, BEFORE they start to Invest big money anywhere, specially in a foreign country.
you are here since so long,
but you sound like a newbie who wanna show the ole farts here the "hidden dangers" of the place.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Rome wasn't built in a day. Even first world countries struggle with the implementation of changes within their own immigration systems.

There is indeed going to be a visa option available for long term tourists wishing to stay more than 30 days but less than 6 months. I suspect if that program is not ready (at this late juncture I can't see how it possibly could be) for this years influx of snow-a-phobes then I expect those arriving Oct. - Mar. will just get a get a provincial pass from Migracion this season and pay the exit fine on the way home.

These snowbirds may encounter some of the other changes that have occurred in during their absence.

other changes??
the only changes a snowbird for this season "may" find,
would be that a few of the formerly known "Maids" may have left on the Voluntarily Mudanzas.
but that will not become any problem for anybody at all,
as there are still plenty of replacement "Maids" available for the shopping, laundry, popping, beach visits
for all that fun they primarily come for.
they will pass this coming winter here the same way and in the usually yearly RISING numbers as usual.

the snowbirds will be fine as always.
they are not the targeted stuff the country wanna get rid of.

Mike

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
With the new rules on foreigner (non) legalization , and cops stopping you all the time , everyone driving illegally as they cant get a DR drivers licence , with insurance (auto and health) that doesn't even cover you if you pay
the premiums, I think most will eventually decide to pack up and sell their houses and apartments .

Should be some great deals for anyone stupid enough to buy them .

I am trying to understand what you mean on your last line. would you care to elaborate. I don't understand the connection between great deals and stupid buyer.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I am trying to understand what you mean on your last line. would you care to elaborate. I don't understand the connection between great deals and stupid buyer.

A great deal that you most likely will never be able to sell yourself at a later date....unless it is for even less than you bought it for.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
correct. nearly 2 million tourist between january and april this year. few thousand snowbird gringos are completely irrelevant. deal with it.

I have. I am taking my family to Colombia this winter as I can be legal there and my family gets a vacation.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sometimes I wonder about the thought processes here

My first trip here (after vacations) was to the lawyer's office to get legal........
After that, life is quite straightforward .......

Just a crock........... or as we said in the seminary.....PoppyCock

Agreed. I waited until I was legal until I moved here. The DR has every right to do what it deems necessary on immigration. These threads pop up as a result of a posters misguided feeling of some entitlement they are being denied.