Funniest/weirdest product goof you've seen here

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How about a young boy selling a baby owl at the Monument in Santiago:

OwlSalesboyatMonument.jpg

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I remember a shopping trip to Casa Nelson in POP with a friend, looking for dishes. The sales people thought we were totally nutz when we put each plate on the floor for a "wobble" test so when the plates were used, you didn't have to chase the steak around the table when you tried to cut it! Hey, you know who, remember that? Haha

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I also once saw a "flagman" near road construction. He had a smashed flat 7-up bottle stuck on the end of a stick for the green flag, and a smashed flat, red car oil bottle stuck on another stick for the red flag. Quite ingenious, I thought!

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
The brand of electronics by the name of...none other than...SANKEY!

LOL- Broke my watch last trip- took a ride into town looking for a "cheapie" to get me through the week. Found one for 200p, though it was a "casio"(cheap brand). Later noticed it was a "cassiq"... a rip off of a generic!!!

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I also once saw a "flagman" near road construction. He had a smashed flat 7-up bottle stuck on the end of a stick for the green flag, and a smashed flat, red car oil bottle stuck on another stick for the red flag. Quite ingenious, I thought!

Yes, quite clever and recycling-minded too!

By the NPH orphanage in Ramon Santana they use a red flag system for when the cane trains are coming by over the road. One day I saw a guy with a red shirt literally rip off his shirt and start waving it at the car in front of me because he had dropped his "real" flag down from the watch tower--of sorts. I had to LOL (one must go slowly anyway because the tracks aren't exactly smooth sailing so I was at a crawl behind this person.);)

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I remember a shopping trip to Casa Nelson in POP with a friend, looking for dishes. The sales people thought we were totally nutz when we put each plate on the floor for a "wobble" test so when the plates were used, you didn't have to chase the steak around the table when you tried to cut it! Hey, you know who, remember that? Haha

I couldn't possibly forget that! I still have that wobbly dish set....it's a feature that all guests from back home HAVE to see when they visit! :cheeky:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I saw a fellow once, walking somewhere in the campo, wearing a t-shirt advertising a feminine product, one of those with wings, saying "Nice boobs, huh, momma."

He was singularly unaware of what his t-shirt said.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I saw a fellow once, walking somewhere in the campo, wearing a t-shirt advertising a feminine product, one of those with wings, saying "Nice boobs, huh, momma."

He was singularly unaware of what his t-shirt said.

LOL--along those lines...

I had brought a bunch of canvas tote bags down from the US (very handy things). Many of them were freebies I was given at Public Health conferences (Many include anti-lice and other icky critters). One of our workers asked if they could have a bag (I had a box of these) and I said "sure--pick one out." The one she picked out was a promo bag (with zipper and everything including pockets) with 'MONOSTAT VAGINAL YEAST CREAM' written on both sides with interesting subtitles such as "gets at the itch at the source" or something like that. I had JUST come here and tried to communicate what this meant but she was undeterred because she wanted the one with the zipper!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Standing one day in front of the dairy cooler in Playero, Sosua. I gave the very attractive floor clerk a sour cream container that had expired by 2 weeks. I thought I would have a good laugh and ask her what happens when sour cream expires like this one, her answer "we just increase the price!!!:ermm:

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Standing one day in front of the dairy cooler in Playero, Sosua. I gave the very attractive floor clerk a sour cream container that had expired by 2 weeks. I thought I would have a good laugh and ask her what happens when sour cream expires like this one, her answer "we just increase the price!!!:ermm:
Why the hell not? At that point, it's no longer mere sour cream. By then, it's probably cottage cheese, which may cost more.

:ermm:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The largest and probably most expensive Ive ever seen... This past Saturday night in Cabarete. A very nice looking Yukon-ish jeepeta with Big Silver block letters badges in all the normal places...of the Worlds largest automaker... "J" MC... yep...not GMC, but JMC....

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Bingo

I saw a young lady working at a FZ plant that had a sweatshirt on that said "I'm Bearish on Bingo". Get it?

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I'm trying to think of a way to combine all these products. It is boggling my mind though...I keep bursting out into laughter! Thanks...keep writing all those down. And to think my relatives insist we make this stuff up! ;)

Caz

May 15, 2004
Must make you feel good to be so patronising - when you can fly back to the USA/Canada and be cocooned in smug hypocrisy.