Give up Beef, Milk and now Coffee ?

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The opposite is true.
Posted in other threads the links to the profile page of vice president Raquel Peña on the WEF site and president Abinadar speaking on a session in Davos.
The administration fully supports the WEF agenda.
Latest example is the new license plates, before we experienced the covid tyranny (lockdowns, curefew, travel restrictions, mrna shots).
Not to forget Hipolito who send soldiers to Irak just because being told to do without having a clue which is the opposite of avoiding world politics.
On the contrary, the D.R. will be among the first to implement the international health certificate mandatory for travel, known passanger id, digital currency, social scores, social media censorship, 15 min. cities (which are easy to implement with the already perfect placement of toll stations and the new plates are an important detail) etc.

Alexander
Even if this is true or not. Do you really think the DR is this organized. The restrictions under Covid was mostly pretending to do something. And I glad they didn’t ruin the tourist industry like a few other places.

Sunbiz1

Jul 29, 2013
The opposite is true.
Posted in other threads the links to the profile page of vice president Raquel Peña on the WEF site and president Abinadar speaking on a session in Davos.
The administration fully supports the WEF agenda.
Latest example is the new license plates, before we experienced the covid tyranny (lockdowns, curefew, travel restrictions, mrna shots).
Not to forget Hipolito who send soldiers to Irak just because being told to do without having a clue which is the opposite of avoiding world politics.
On the contrary, the D.R. will be among the first to implement the international health certificate mandatory for travel, known passanger id, digital currency, social scores, social media censorship, 15 min. cities (which are easy to implement with the already perfect placement of toll stations and the new plates are an important detail) etc.

Alexander
Well, so much for more freedom in the DR, I suppose motos don't pass the bottle of Brugal back and forth; while they're driving.
I used to see that, lol; one of the highest traffic fatality rates on the planet.
Man, this is sad to hear; Nazi Germany coming to the DR.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Well, so much for more freedom in the DR, I suppose motos don't pass the bottle of Brugal back and forth; while they're driving.
I used to see that, lol; one of the highest traffic fatality rates on the planet.
Man, this is sad to hear; Nazi Germany coming to the DR.
Not very likely

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That’s literally the only coffee beans we’ve bought in DR that we do not like!!!
Interesting. That's supposed to be their "pick of the litter" beans.

TBH, you got me hooked on Azzuro since you mentioned it a few months ago.

Reactions: AlterEgo

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
The article posted by the original poster states the exact opposite of what is implied.

Thank you for noticing.
I was going to say something but then I read the thread and saw you had beaten me to it.
It proves a point, but then I digress.
It's early morning here in my part of the world and I'm on my second and last cup of the day.
Coffee is more of a habit than anything else for me.
I am not a connoisseur.
I drink instant Nescafé.
Every empty jar is full of possibilities.

Reactions: aarhus

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
These are the six best ? Can anyone explain honey coffee ? https://www.homegrounds.co/dominican-republic-coffee/

I have tried the Induban and Monte Perello and while I liked the smell of both neither had much after flavor for me, although the Perello was better of the two.
The Santo Domingo is my go to, and it's cheaper, but you know I also like the Cafe Bustelo in the yellow can, so maybe that makes me a bottom feeder ?
Anyway the coffee I drink must mix well with Baileys at home.
After a small dinner I used to really enjoy a Monte Real with steamed milk at Velvet restaurant. Haven't been there in a few months however.
When in Puerto Rico we would always have coffee after dinner, or with desert. Coffee at the end seems to set off a nice dinner perfectly.
I think coffee is given more social importance in PR than DR. But I socialized more there with Puerto Ricans than I do with Dominicans here, likely for socio economic reasons.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
But if we give up everything for the sake of Climate Change.....there are always crickets, and if you find that appealing listen to this

Reactions: La Profe_1

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Santo Domingo is my go to and I drink it the DR way with heated milk. I order it from Amazon when I’m back home, about $11 Canadian a bag if you order six bags at a time. Granted it’s not the best coffee but I’ve grown accustomed to it and miss it when I’m not in the DR.

Coffee and dairy are just the tip of the environmentally conscious iceberg for the WEF. The current focus in my country is on alcohol consumption. The latest medical research indicates a strong link between alcohol and liver cancer and other cancers. The recommendation used to be two drinks a day, now down to one drink a week.

At my age, I‘m not giving up coffee, dairy, and alcohol. I just bought a new ICE vehicle and my next one will have a hydrogen fuelled ICE engine. I have no interest in EV’s or hybrids. After surviving a heart problem and cancer, I want to enjoy the time I have left. I figure I’ve earned it.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
But if we give up everything for the sake of Climate Change.....there are always crickets, and if you find that appealing listen to this

We have a public insectarium where they sell chocolate covered crickets and other bugs to eat. I’ve tried the crickets. Not something I would like in my diet on a regular basis. When I saw them, I thought of George Carlin’s joke about chocolate covered ants. “They don’t melt in your hand. They crawl in your mouth”. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
These are the six best ? Can anyone explain honey coffee ? https://www.homegrounds.co/dominican-republic-coffee/

I have tried the Induban and Monte Perello and while I liked the smell of both neither had much after flavor for me, although the Perello was better of the two.
The Santo Domingo is my go to, and it's cheaper, but you know I also like the Cafe Bustelo in the yellow can, so maybe that makes me a bottom feeder ?
Anyway the coffee I drink must mix well with Baileys at home.
After a small dinner I used to really enjoy a Monte Real with steamed milk at Velvet restaurant. Haven't been there in a few months however.
When in Puerto Rico we would always have coffee after dinner, or with desert. Coffee at the end seems to set off a nice dinner perfectly.
I think coffee is given more social importance in PR than DR. But I socialized more there with Puerto Ricans than I do with Dominicans here, likely for socio economic reasons.

I've had Monte Real with a bit of Tia Maria more times than I care to remember.

I tried it with Kahlua in the morning a couple of times but you can probably guess how that turned out.

Reactions: chico bill

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I've had Monte Real with a bit of Tia Maria more times than I care to remember.

I tried it with Kahlua in the morning a couple of times but you can probably guess how that turned out.
Monte Real has become my goto. The kid likes Santo Domingo, but he puts 23 pounds of sugar in it. Mine is black with extra black. We have separate bins for our coffee now.

Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It was still fact checked as false.
Yahoo and MSN were fact checked that Hubert Keller didn't make this speech?

Yeah and no one admitted the vaccines cause clots and it wasn't engineered in Wuhan either .

Tom you seem to be one of "those". Yet another diehard Forum-Karen

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
As far as beef goes...
The high price is enough to have people willingly forgo the red meat.
I'll be long gone before insects are in every grocery store in one form or another.
Or served up by young, up and coming, chefs.
The masses will eat them and probably love them.
And the world turns.
To everything there is a season. Ecclesiastes 3 1:8

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
What is the rate of diabetes in DR
I guess about 50% are already in prediabetis or diabetis of typ 2 (insuline resistence).

Random google search pick:

Almost all of us are consuming too much sugar and this is the main driver of all kind of deseases.

Sugar consumption is the main cause of death.

Easy fix: stop eating sugar and starch
(white flour bread, pasta etc.), eat real and healthy food, some excersises.

Educate yourself.
Dr. Ekberg explains the background.

By following his advice cured my insulance resistance within 2 weeks. No medication.
I lost 11 kg of weight without feeling hungry by eating of what is considered real food within only 9 weeks and feeling much better.

Alexander

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It becomes sludge.
What is the rate of diabetes in DR.
I don't remember but I can tell you it's a staggering amount. Just look around and see how many obese persons you see.

Back in the 70-80s it was rare to see one.