Good dealership?

Jan 9, 2004
Not sure wich one but i would say between 3-5 since it has the DVD in the back

Heres a link of the car on supercarros btw

Acura MDX 2007 En Venta en Rep?blica Dominicana @SuperCarros.com - #316562

Oh and thanks for all the valuabe information, appreciate it!

Yes, at least model 3..maybe higher. The way to tell if you have the technology package is you will have a voice activated navigation system. If not, it is likely #3.

One last thing...the MDX uses premium fuel....and it is not just a suggestion...without it you will experience performance problems.

Best of luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Only registered owners who title the vihicle are considered to be "owners" for carfax purposes.

There are three people who had ownership....but only one who took title...the first one. Owner two and three are dealers who had it for a brief period...probably the trade in dealer, then the dealer who bought it at auction. So it is considered a one owner because only one title was issued. The dealers transferred title with re-asignments on the back of the original title.

Liens are all cleared prior to export..or else it cannot leave port.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

i thought so. either the guy traded it in, or he took out a new lien, which would alter the title.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
playa, you do know your stuff when it comes to this automobile info. as you say, there are numbers and letters in the vin which indicate which model you are considering. just like the first letter in the vin tells you where the car was made

Jan 9, 2004
playa, you do know your stuff when it comes to this automobile info. as you say, there are numbers and letters in the vin which indicate which model you are considering. just like the first letter in the vin tells you where the car was made

Thanks.

17 digits in a VIN and they all have meaning. That is to say they are not all a specific serial number for that particular vehicle. Digits 11-17 actually get to the heart of that vehicle, i.e. its "serial number."

Digits 1-3 are make/model where built. Digit 10 is the year. So the OP's 10th digit on her VIN should be a 7 for 2007.

A nice tool is something called carfax lite. It's an app you can use on an iphone/android to scan the VIN. While it gives limited info, it can prove useful to the average consumer.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks.

17 digits in a VIN and they all have meaning. That is to say they are not all a specific serial number for that particular vehicle. Digits 11-17 actually get to the heart of that vehicle, i.e. its "serial number."

Digits 1-3 are make/model where built. Digit 10 is the year. So the OP's 10th digit on her VIN should be a 7 for 2007.

A nice tool is something called carfax lite. It's an app you can use on an iphone/android to scan the VIN. While it gives limited info, it can prove useful to the average consumer.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the problem with a car that is as old as a 2007 is that car dealers and banks do not give liens for more than 3 years, (usually). after 3 years, the owner can elect to remove comprehensive and collision coverage from his policy, and self insure. if he has had a bad wreck, you will never know, because it will not show up on carfax. only reported accidents do.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Allright, im heading to Ramo's auto to negociate the car one last time + have it check by honda

Anyone have a good insurance company to recomend?

Also, what am i suppose to pay or not pay(that the dealership pays normally) after i buy the car? Plate, license anything like that, first time i buy a car here so not sure how it work!

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Yeah except that they didnt want to negociate more, was expecting to pay a lil bit less but wtv.

Also think i got hustle on the rate, @ 42.25... What do you guys think?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I know many here have said supercarros is very over-listed pricing and don't pay more than 80% of this if paying cash.

I have tried to hardball negotiate these guys and even walked away from deals that they never even called back. This was when offering 90% of their asking price in a all cash deal.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
It's gotta be a tough business here. The guys selling used cars have a lot of competition, and they've all got buyers running around in the states looking for deals.

I was interested in a nice little Jeep Wrangler a couple of years ago. Low mileage, like new, but around 5 yrs old. I googled the VIN, and found an on line ad for the dealer in the states where it was purchased.

The dealer in the states was only 3 thousand less than the asking price here. After the place here imported it and paid taxes, there obviously wasn't a lot of room to negotiate.

And more surprisingly, it just sold a couple of months ago. That's close to TWO YEARS sitting on the lot. Brutal.

I must have carfax-ed 15 Santa Fe is the past month most of them had mileage seriously reduced and the last sold at auction price was a solid 10k less than the sale price here. So these scammers are making up for your "wrangler" skinny deals by hitting home runs on the newer high mileage "odometer rollback" scam.