GUN PERMIT IN DR ,

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Can someone explain step by step the process of how to obtain a gun permit and purchase a gun in DR ( for self protection purposes of course ) …

I was told that step 1 it’s to go to Armeria and purchase the weapon , but that seems a little odd , I would have thought step 1 was to obtain a permit first …

So what are the steps to follow to purchase handgun in DR ?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You purchase first they hold it…use it..then if lucky 2 yrs later you get your slightly used and hopefully working gun..then every yr go to capital for ballistic check..
ps wait till you see what they charge for it…bullets too..lol

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You purchase first they hold it…use it..then if lucky 2 yrs later you get your slightly used and hopefully working gun..then every yr go to capital for ballistic check..
ps wait till you see what they charge for it…bullets too..lol

Mr AE is a multiple gun owner in USA. He refuses to get a handgun in DR on principle because of the fees.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And/Or here - straight from the horses mouth, ie: El Ministerio de Interior y Policia... https://mip.gob.do/solicitud-de-licencias-de-porte-y-tenencia-de-armas-de-fuego-originales-nuevas/
I note that there is a requirement for • Where the justification of the need to carry the firearm is recorded, and where it expresses knowledge of Law 631-16 for the control and regulation of weapons, ammunition and related materials; • It must be notarized and legalized by the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic, attaching the documents that support this need.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Can someone explain step by step the process of how to obtain a gun permit and purchase a gun in DR ( for self protection purposes of course ) …

I was told that step 1 it’s to go to Armeria and purchase the weapon , but that seems a little odd , I would have thought step 1 was to obtain a permit first …

So what are the steps to follow to purchase handgun in DR ?

Obviously my comment is redundant.
Yet it gives me pleasure to voice it as a counterpoint.
Futile effort, as it will not serve to change opinions nor stimulate thought.

For those capable of critical thinking.
A law instituted in 1791 for specific reasons, has lost its relevance in 2023.
The Brit's are not coming to take back what they have lost.
Neither are the French or Spanish re-conquering the DR.

Why import American US gun culture into the DR?

The Dominican government is trying to reduce gun ownership and proliferation of guns in the DR.
The DR needs peace, manners and education, not more guns.
Enough mindless brutes on the loose.

EU, AU, NZ don't need guns to protect themselves in daily life, strange isn't it?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Obviously my comment is redundant.
Yet it gives me pleasure to voice it as a counterpoint.
Futile effort, as it will not serve to change opinions nor stimulate thought.

For those capable of critical thinking.
A law instituted in 1791 for specific reasons, has lost its relevance in 2023.
The Brit's are not coming to take back what they have lost.
Neither are the French or Spanish re-conquering the DR.

Why import American US gun culture into the DR?

The Dominican government is trying to reduce gun ownership and proliferation of guns in the DR.
The DR needs peace, manners and education, not more guns.
Enough mindless brutes on the loose.

EU, AU, NZ don't need guns to protect themselves in daily life, strange isn't it?
Just like Mexico with it's draconian guy laws the gun laws in the DR do not stop criminals from getting guns or using them to commit crimes. You should keep working on your critical thinking skills. The enemy lives inside the borders of the country in most cases. Protection from the tyranny of government.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Re there two types of licenses? ie; One for CARRYING and one for can't leave the house.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Self protection , just in case
Several Dominicans have told me it is more likely to make you a target because they will want to steal your gun. I live on the edge of a rough neighborhood with gunshots at least once a week. Police frequently are called to arrest people causing problems. I have no wish to have a gun, a locked door on the second level, with camera and lights is my protection. I do own a wrist rocket sling shot that I can use with accuracy for about 150 feet.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Just like Mexico with it's draconian guy laws the gun laws in the DR do not stop criminals from getting guns or using them to commit crimes. You should keep working on your critical thinking skills. The enemy lives inside the borders of the country in most cases. Protection from the tyranny of government.
You claim to know something about living in US-CAN.
Look at the obvious differences, use your critical analytical skills and hopefully pass logic and facts on to your students........not unsubstantiated feelings.

Yes Mexican mind set, drug cartels, corruption and pozoleros are the problem, (https://wearemitu.com/wearemitu/news/el-pozolero-dissolved-more-than-300-bodies-in-acid/)
Just as US gun culture.

All these components are exactly what the DR does not need to further.
The enemy does indeed live within, often due to cultural acceptance.
Facts show which countries and systems work better than others.
Repeating less than intelligent slogans and hyperbole
"Protection from the tyranny of government."
Don't make them facts and do not serve to make you look knowledgeable.

Yet,
Having read many of your opinions not based on logic or facts,
I have not expected enlightenment from you po-ed dr1 Bob.

• Angry
Reactions: I love Azua

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You claim to know something about living in US-CAN.
Look at the obvious differences, use your critical analytical skills and hopefully pass logic and facts on to your students........not unsubstantiated feelings.

Yes Mexican mind set, drug cartels, corruption and pozoleros are the problem, (https://wearemitu.com/wearemitu/news/el-pozolero-dissolved-more-than-300-bodies-in-acid/)
Just as US gun culture.

All these components are exactly what the DR does not need to further.
The enemy does indeed live within, often due to cultural acceptance.
Facts show which countries and systems work better than others.
Repeating less than intelligent slogans and hyperbole

Don't make them facts and do not serve to make you look knowledgeable.

Yet,
Having read many of your opinions not based on logic or facts,
I have not expected enlightenment from you po-ed dr1 Bob.
Waiting for a well thought out response. Guess I will be waiting a long time. Also all guns deaths in the DR are carried out by people have no license or proper ownership of their weapon, other than the police. Criminal culture and untreated mental illness are the issues not guns. If there were no guns they would use knives, explosives, poison, cars....etc. I am knowledgeable, very. Enlightenment to you means agreeing with you.

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
Waiting for a well thought out response. Guess I will be waiting a long time. Also all guns deaths in the DR are carried out by people have no license or proper ownership of their weapon, other than the police. Criminal culture and untreated mental illness are the issues not guns. If there were no guns they would use knives, explosives, poison, cars....etc. I am knowledgeable, very. Enlightenment to you means agreeing with you.
Yes Bob,
In liue of guns they may even resort to tactical nuclear weapons.

You are not in any danger of being enlightened, no necessity of agreeing with me.
Thanks for gracing us with your well thought out response.

Is that what is taught as logic and facts at your school?
Touchy feely who needs facts.
Do you have armed teachers to protect the children at your school from
Criminal culture and untreated mental illness

• Angry