Haitian Beaten to Death in Raid in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
What about when a citizen of Haitin extraction robs, rapes or murders a Dominican? If its done to a Dominican, it's ok?
This amounts to reverse racism in my opinion. Futhermore this is ridiculous, the demonization and stereotyping of Dominicans as it were, needs to stop.
Dominicans don't like to work.
Dominicans are racist.
Dominicans don't like being black
Dominicans like to eat children
Dominicans don't like katsup

Really, really... Come on now, cease and desist this impeachment of my people. Enough.

Why does it matter what people think about you and your people??? Are you a strong man and are your people strong??? If you answer yes then NO words on a screen could ever get you so worked up about your people.

Dominican on Dominican crime is far more common then Haitian on Dominican crime in DR.

If you are a STRONG man words will be the last thing you worry about, that is if you are strong.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You are well within your right to think what you want, however, the truth of the matter is, MA was talking about the international community catching a whiff of the story so as to publish it internationally; as they always do. I then answered her post with the news of two illegal Haitians decapitating a Dominican national. I figured that if one news of a Haitian dyeing in the hands of immigration official was international community news worthy, then why not also let the same international community know about the other death.

you know why world press awards, or whatever they are called, are always given to people portraying war and disasters? because blood and tears sell. haiti meant zero to international communities prior to the earthquake. now haitians are only seen through that prism. dominicans, on the other hand... nothing interesting there. no blood spill. no war. no hurricane even. so they do not get as much international press as haitians, simple as that.

come to think of it maybe it is just as simple that dominican press reports deaths of dominicans more, right? but strangely deaths of gringos make it to the papers. so maybe it ain't that easy?

Mar 1, 2009
If I talk about black American folk, Porto Ricans or Chicago feel free to jump in JMB. Otherwise be silent Boricua when I discuss serious issues about my people and culture. Go hire one of those easy women you come this island for. I'm sure your a STRONG man and you are God's great gift to women everywhere.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
you know why world press awards, or whatever they are called, are always given to people portraying war and disasters? because blood and tears sell. haiti meant zero to international communities prior to the earthquake. now haitians are only seen through that prism. dominicans, on the other hand... nothing interesting there. no blood spill. no war. no hurricane even. so they do not get as much international press as haitians, simple as that.

come to think of it maybe it is just as simple that dominican press reports deaths of dominicans more, right? but strangely deaths of gringos make it to the papers. so maybe it ain't that easy?

Understand your comment, however, with all do respect, I wasn't looking for international coverage of this death. I just fuguired if the death of a Haitian is "international news worthy" to MA, then why not the death of the Dominican. To be honest dv8, we Dominicans aren't looking for international coverage of any kind.......at least I don't think so.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
fingers crossed that DR will never be in the situation where is makes front pages of international news, because the only events seen as worth that much coverage are unfortunate ones... :(

Mar 1, 2009
When I elucidate an issue as serious as this it's as a result of the ignorance of certain people. Obviously Haitians have a disproportionate amount of support and goodwill from the international community. That translates into an assault on Dominican culture and people. Many Dominicans out there aren't able to verbally express the opposition to this. Many other Dominicans and other individuals might not know that their is another side, another viewpoint and argument. Some people on this site are arrogant blowhards that come down here, tear up the place enjoy Dominican hospitality, are treated very nicely and once they go abroad rip us apart. I work in the hotel industry and I can't believe some of the things I hear from these ungrateful bastards. Then you have Dominicans who haven't been to the island in 10-20 years and the allow people like B to fill their head up with garbage. "Oh I'm black and Portorican & I speak Spanish so I'm an expert". I don't think so .

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
The DR is NOT as embarrassing as the entirely corrupt and dysfunctional Haitian government. Fact is, "my friend" if it wasn't for the DR and its so called corrupt government the Haitians would be facing far worse calamity. All those illegal Haitians working on this side provide for family members back in Haiti. If you remove this income it would be famine of biblical proportion.

Please provide stats to support your comment!!!!

Please man gimme a break, DR like Haiti is supported by international aid and loans ( and your Wikipedia googling / Copy and Pasting will not change my point of view), this explains the fact that US, agencies and some countries in Europe tell to the DR government what or what not to do with the Haitian Illegals...DR is like PR for those who did their analysis: a US colony...

Now for delinquents you could do a poll live and direct here in DR1 with the expats !

Which group rob, kill or trick them most in the DR ?

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Please man gimme a break, DR like Haiti is supported by international aid and loans ( and your Wikipedia googling / Copy and Pasting will not change my point of view), this explains the fact that US, agencies and some countries in Europe tell to the DR government what or what not to do with the Haitian Illegals...DR is like PR for those who did their analysis: a US colony...

Now for delinquents you could do a poll live and direct here in DR1 with the expats !

K-Mel --- are you Dominican? If not, then I suggest that things may not be quite what you think .....

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Please man gimme a break, DR like Haiti is supported by international aid and loans ( and your Wikipedia googling / Copy and Pasting will not change my point of view),

If you think that googling information changes the facts or reality about a country, then your too ignorant to debate with. Facts are facts, no matter where they come from. You should first learn this if you want to debate because information is not pulled out of thin air, it has to come from somewhere.

this explains the fact that US, agencies and some countries in Europe tell to the DR government what or what not to do with the Haitian Illegals...DR is like PR for those who did their analysis: a US colony...

What facts are you talking about? Are you honestly saying that the DR is a US Colony? If you truly believe this then you and I are done.

Okay now you've said a mouth full, it is obvious that you're way out of your waters here. Of course Dominicans are by far and large the biggest offenders on this side, after all, we are in the DR and their are 10 million of us. This however, does not give you and all your illegal family members the right to rape, murder and steal within my country.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
When I elucidate an issue as serious as this it's as a result of the ignorance of certain people. Obviously Haitians have a disproportionate amount of support and goodwill from the international community. That translates into an assault on Dominican culture and people. Many Dominicans out there aren't able to verbally express the opposition to this. Many other Dominicans and other individuals might not know that their is another side, another viewpoint and argument. Some people on this site are arrogant blowhards that come down here, tear up the place enjoy Dominican hospitality, are treated very nicely and once they go abroad rip us apart. I work in the hotel industry and I can't believe some of the things I hear from these ungrateful bastards. Then you have Dominicans who haven't been to the island in 10-20 years and the allow people like B to fill their head up with garbage. "Oh I'm black and Portorican & I speak Spanish so I'm an expert". I don't think so .

First of all I NEVER claimed I was an "expert" in DR or anything about DR because that will be like me being an expert at the game" TIC TAC TOE" If you want to read all day long how DR is PEACHES and CREAM read Chip and Bob Saunders post. I do not write what I know about Dominicans or DR, I write what I hear and witness and you being Dominican know better then anybody how much your people love to talk and bitch about everything. I do not walk up to any Dominican and ask them what problems they are having, they choose to share them with me.

If you do not enjoy the fact that Dominicans share their problems with me then talk to your government to allow YOUR people to earn enough money to live on day to day without sharing their stories with JMB773.

I did not destroy your econmy, nor did I use money that should have went into the "barrios" of DR and decided to buy a whole line of expensive SUV's for people that are connected.

Look man your whole world is based on "tourism" there is NO Dominican Republic Canal like in Panama and your are not the little bother of the USA like Puerto Rico is and does this suck for a great number of Dominican?? it sure does, but you sitting down CRYING like a baby" LEAVE US DOMINICANS ALONE WE ARE NICE PEOPLE" save that **** for sombody with a box of tissue to wipe you tears.

No need to take shots at me my friend, GET UP off your ass and FIX your country, stop blaming Haitians for not being able to take your kids to "Walt Disney World" Your country is in the state it is because of the people in control of the DR.

DON'T cast a vote during elections then walk back to your chair and continue playing "dominos" because your vote is only 1 step in the process, just like having a decent education is only half the battle.

BTW While you are crying, lying and dying, JMB773 we be smiling:knockedou because DENYING is a word not in the vocabulary of this man.

Last edited:

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
K-Mel --- are you Dominican? If not, then I suggest that things may not be quite what you think .....

I am not from la Hispaniola ( DR or Haiti), just a foreigner who spent a lot of time in the DR ( North Coast)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I am not from la Hispaniola ( DR or Haiti), just a foreigner who spent a lot of time in the DR ( North Coast)

That there and of itself "my friend" does not make you an expert on Dominican/Haitian affairs. I suggest you stick around because you have a lot to learn still.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010

Things are not quite what they seem. I understand that MA was pointing out that a Haitian who had legal papers to be in the Dr was killed. But any "general" discussion about Dominicans and Haitians by us "foreigners" is going to be highly influenced by what we are exposed to in our media. (I can give you some links to some reading that might give a more balanced view, if you like.)

Haiti has problems because ...
--- of Haitians and the Haitian government (lack of it)
--- US policy (and other "Western" nations)
--- NGOs who are self serving (and certainly not for the benefit of Haitians)
--- Strong "public relations" by those NGOs, and those governments

The DR is NOT Haiti, and has no responsibility for Haiti whatsoever. They can run their country as they choose ... just like any other country. They can (should) choose who should be allowed in, and who should leave. Outside opinion not required or welcome. Likewise, Haiti is responsible for Haitians.

Are there issues? Yes. Definitely some. As there are everywhere. But they are not quite what you think. And not something you want to jump into, without having all the facts.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
If you think that googling information changes the facts or reality about a country, then your too ignorant to debate with. Facts are facts, no matter where they come from. You should first learn this if you want to debate because information is not pulled out of thin air, it has to come from somewhere.

What facts are you talking about? Are you honestly saying that the DR is a US Colony? If you truly believe this then you and I are done.

Okay now you've said a mouth full, it is obvious that you're way out of your waters here. Of course Dominicans are by far and large the biggest offenders on this side, after all, we are in the DR and their are 10 million of us. This however, does not give you and all your illegal family members the right to rape, murder and steal within my country.

Your posts stink the Trujillista propangada anyway...look at your logic 5 seconds an Haitian have been killed ( sad event) so you come up with a Dominican killed ( sad event too)...So is it eye for eye and teeth for teeth Blood for blood ? My " Taino wannabe friend" or are we all human beings and should respect each other ?

The Haitians or Dominicans who killed each others are equal ( they are human trash), however we should mourn with the same concern the death of a Dominican or the death of a Haitian : both are equal human beings aren't they ?

Adios and may your hatred does not shorten your life !

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
stop this silly now: you are not dominican, you know nada about DR. newsflash, honeys, most of the posters on this site are foreigners. and if people were only to discuss things they know about there would be long uncomfortable silence...

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Things are not quite what they seem. I understand that MA was pointing out that a Haitian who had legal papers to be in the Dr was killed. But any "general" discussion about Dominicans and Haitians by us "foreigners" is going to be highly influenced by what we are exposed to in our media. (I can give you some links to some reading that might give a more balanced view, if you like.)

Haiti has problems because ...
--- of Haitians and the Haitian government (lack of it)
--- US policy (and other "Western" nations)
--- NGOs who are self serving (and certainly not for the benefit of Haitians)
--- Strong "public relations" by those NGOs, and those governments

The DR is NOT Haiti, and has no responsibility for Haiti whatsoever. They can run their country as they choose ... just like any other country. They can (should) choose who should be allowed in, and who should leave. Outside opinion not required or welcome. Likewise, Haiti is responsible for Haitians.

Are there issues? Yes. Definitely some. As there are everywhere. But they are not quite what you think. And not something you want to jump into, without having all the facts.

You right I'll take your advise, but I must say I lived with both ( doms and Haitians) and as a foreigner each of them confessed what they feel for the other...It is FUBAR, I am afraid one day something REALLY bad will happened...I am finished with thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.