Haitian Beaten to Death in Raid in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
That there and of itself "my friend" does not make you an expert on Dominican/Haitian affairs. I suggest you stick around because you have a lot to learn still.

I do not know why so many Dominicans want to make this into something it is not. This is not Israel and the "Gaza Strip" do not try to make Dominican/ Haitian affairs into this BIG global issue similar to what goes on in the Middle East it is NOT that complex.

Haitians NEED work and money, and Dominicans do not want them on their side of the island and that is all their is.

Perfect example is when Haitians and Dominicans arrived in USA their major communities are 1000's of miles apart and they almost never cross paths in the USA.

Haitians do not like Dominicans as much as Dominicans do not like Haitians everybody knows this. It is not like Haitians are trying so hard to fit into the Dominican culture because IMO their cultures are very similar, sadly they have no choice but to play the game until something better comes along.

Haitian people are NOT in DR because they want to be, they are there because they have to be. Wanting to be somewhere and having to be somewhere are two different beasts.

I pray for this poor Haitian brother that lost his life at the hands of men that were HUGE cowards. He is in a better place now and he does not have to beg or plead for anymore help.

RIP my Haitian brotha from anotha mutha:)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
The Haitians in the diaspora should rally, march right in front of the White House, and plead to the President of the United States to help free Haiti from the corrupt bastards that are draining the country. It's a shame that Haitians have a country yet because of the corrupt leaders have to flee to different parts of the world to beg. Haitians need to unite, to be heard as one voice.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Your posts stink the Trujillista propangada anyway...look at your logic 5 seconds an Haitian have been killed ( sad event) so you come up with a Dominican killed ( sad event too)...So is it eye for eye and teeth for teeth Blood for blood ? My " Taino wannabe friend" or are we all human beings and should respect each other ?

The only propaganda here are those brought in by foreigners like yourself that come here looking to do some hooker shopping for two weeks at a time, then end up reading one book about the DR and for some reason thinks you know everything there is to know about us. Don't take my advise if you truly view me a racist, however, calling someone a racist without knowing them, is in and of itself a racist action.

Nevertheless, please do yourself a favor, if you truly want to learn actual facts about Dominican/Haitian relations. Take advise from expats who've been here far longer than the usual two week vacation people such as yourself take. Perhaps then you might learn enough about us to have an opinion forth listening to.

The Haitians or Dominicans who killed each others are equal ( they are human trash), however we should mourn with the same concern the death of a Dominican or the death of a Haitian : both are equal human beings aren't they ?

Adios and may your hatred does not shorten your life !

I honestly don't know what to make of this paragraph. For if you read my previous post, you will notice that it was I questioning MA on whether she thought if there was a distinction between both deaths. You can't come late to a conversation and then pretend to know what's been said, if your not willing go back and read all the previous post. Keep that in mind for next time.

I'm not even going to express an opinion on your hatred comment.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I do not know why so many Dominicans want to make this into something it is not. This is not Israel and the "Gaza Strip" do not try to make Dominican/ Haitian affairs into this BIG global issue similar to what goes on in the Middle East it is NOT that complex.

Please show me where I try to paint the Haitian/Dominican affairs into an "Israeli/Gaza Strip" situation? Stop putting words in people's mouth.

The rest of your comment is pure mumbo jumbo, like always.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

Haitians NEED work and money, and Dominicans do not want them on their side of the island and that is all their is.

Perfect example is when Haitians and Dominicans arrived in USA their major communities are 1000's of miles apart and they almost never cross paths in the USA.

Haitians do not like Dominicans as much as Dominicans do not like Haitians everybody knows this. It is not like Haitians are trying so hard to fit into the Dominican culture because IMO their cultures are very similar, sadly they have no choice but to play the game until something better comes along.

Haitian people are NOT in DR because they want to be, they are there because they have to be. Wanting to be somewhere and having to be somewhere are two different beasts.

I pray for this poor Haitian brother that lost his life at the hands of men that were HUGE cowards. He is in a better place now and he does not have to beg or plead for anymore help.

RIP my Haitian brotha from anotha mutha:)

I have had my differences with jmb, however I think he got this one right.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Understand your comment, however, with all do respect, I wasn't looking for international coverage of this death. I just fuguired if the death of a Haitian is "international news worthy" to MA, then why not the death of the Dominican. To be honest dv8, we Dominicans aren't looking for international coverage of any kind.......at least I don't think so.

No, I don't want international news on this. When I said the international community I was thinking more of the insiders of the policy makers.. the pressure groups inside the State Department, France, Canada. etc.. the ones that sorta used to keep the mass deportations from happening. The policy makers inside the World Bank and the IMF.. which do, indeed, keep the DR afloat.

There used to be regular protests in NYC in front of the DR Embassy by Haitians but all that has stopped because of the great aid given to Haiti by the DR. And the complete loss of heart inside the Haitian diaspora.

I have no problem with illegals being deported according to a rule of law. But the sort of deportations that used to be carried out here - which gave rise to the protests before -- and the sort of treatment that this man received.. a legal immigrant who was beaten to death while in official custody.. This sort of thing just looks bad for the DR and is very hard to defend.

The DR does a tremendous amount for Haitian immigrants which it does not have to do like the free medical treatment.. I often wonder why.

Haiti is completely broken. Haitians know that. They have really almost lost hope now sadly. After the earthquake there was a lot of hope, that the international community would come in and do what they promised they would do, build back better. But they have not been able to do that.

The government is completely corrupt. One man I know who has worked in the NGO field in both countries for a long time says it this way. in the DR, say the government steals 30%, in Haiti they steal 90%. The only good thing that has happened is that the international NGOs now know that they have failed. And everyone else knows it as well. And there have been some major roads built. For the few who have cars. There is a great fear that it will once again collapse into chaos or a narco state.

So please do not get me wrong. I do not want there to be international trouble at all. That is why I am hoping that the Dominicans themselves would speak out about it. About how someone who is being deported should at least be given an opportunity to get his papers and show the authorities whether or not he or she is legal.. not just hauled away from the street.

And certainly, while in custody, should have the expectation of not being beaten to death.

I guess you do not see my point. I will not harp on it.

aguas

Feb 7, 2010
Not trying to minimize that Haitians death, but just today two Haitians decapitated a Dominican, in the Gurabo section of Santiago. So tell us MA, does the international community know about this, it would only be fair that they know about this as well, since its very likely they will be reporting about the Haitians death at the hands of immigration officials, don't you think?

Full report found in link below.

Expulsan a haitianos de Gurabo por muerte de dominicano - listindiario.com

Were the two Haitians in Gurabo Immigration Officers, Police Officers, or given some type of authority by their government, then your comparison is off base.

To compare the reporting of crimes committed by persons of authority (Immigration Officers) and non persons of authority (2haitians in gurabo) in small minded.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Were the two Haitians in Gurabo Immigration Officers, Police Officers, or given some type of authority by their government, then your comparison is off base.

To compare the reporting of crimes committed by persons of authority (Immigration Officers) and non persons of authority (2haitians in gurabo) in small minded.

Perhaps you have more information you'd like to share with us, of on the scene accounts of what really happened to this Haitian in Juan Dolio? Because up to now all we have are the accounts given to us by his family members. For all we know immigration official arrived at the scene to apprehend them and the Haitians (as has been reported in the news) fought with immigration officials and as a result the Haitian died.

Also spare me the argument that this person had his legal papers, because we all know that forgeries exist.

So as you can imagine, providing an opinion without having all the actual facts, could also de interpreted by many as being "small minded" as well.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The Haitians in the diaspora should rally, march right in front of the White House, and plead to the President of the United States to help free Haiti from the corrupt bastards that are draining the country. It's a shame that Haitians have a country yet because of the corrupt leaders have to flee to different parts of the world to beg. Haitians need to unite, to be heard as one voice.

You can omit the word Haitian in this post and replace it with the word Dominican and it will be just as valid.

Dominicans flee DR also, Dominicans beg also. There are a lot of people behind the scene that allow the Dominican Republic to have a somewhat better life the in Haiti. The DR receives a lot of charity from other countries around the world, do not make it like the DR can stand on its own two feet because we all know the DR walks with "crutch" and Haiti uses a "wheel chair" but neither DR or Haiti can RUN!! like many other countries. You do not see people from Panama, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Jamaica etc moving to DR for a better life??? Just because some people do not have as much money as others do not make them foolish and if a Jamaican family move to DR for a better life that will be very foolish.

If you give any typical Haitian the choice of not living around Dominicans they would not under no circumstance live and work around Dominican people if they had a better door to walk through.

I have so much respect for Haitians because of the bad luck dealt to them, and the only other choice many of them having is being in DR illegally and dealing with blatant discrimination in DR make them much stronger then I can ever be.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You can omit the word Haitian in this post and replace it with the word Dominican and it will be just as valid.

Dominicans flee DR also, Dominicans beg also. There are a lot of people behind the scene that allow the Dominican Republic to have a somewhat better life the in Haiti. The DR receives a lot of charity from other countries around the world, do not make it like the DR can stand on its own two feet because we all know the DR walks with "crutch" and Haiti uses a "wheel chair" but neither DR or Haiti can RUN!! like many other countries. You do not see people from Panama, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Jamaica etc moving to DR for a better life??? Just because some people do not have as much money as others do not make them foolish and if a Jamaican family move to DR for a better life that will be very foolish.

If you give any typical Haitian the choice of not living around Dominicans they would not under no circumstance live and work around Dominican people if they had a better door to walk through.

I have so much respect for Haitians because of the bad luck dealt to them, and the only other choice many of them having is being in DR illegally and dealing with blatant discrimination in DR make them much stronger then I can ever be.

Actually surprising amount of Colombians, Mexicans, Cubans....etc in the DR.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

My point is Haitians shouldn't have to leave their homeland in search of food because of the conditions in their country due to corrupt leaders.Period. I sympathize with them. Show Haitians how much you care and make some trips to Haiti and help them. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Actually surprising amount of Colombians, Mexicans, Cubans....etc in the DR.

I never said there were not any of these people living in DR, but a poor Mexican family from Michoacan or Durango is not going to try and make it to Santiago or Santo Domingo to improve their living situation.

Colombians 1st choice will be Panama or Costa Rica over Dominican Republic, and Cubans have their eyes in the bright lights of Miami way before Santo Domingo or Sosua is even considered.

Bob do you know what really gets me??? We are talking about a place like DR where a dryer or "secadora" is a status symbol A DRYER!!! and they have the nerve to look down on Haitian people.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I never said there were not any of these people living in DR, but a poor Mexican family from Michoacan or Durango is not going to try and make it to Santiago or Santo Domingo to improve their living situation.

Colombians 1st choice will be Panama or Costa Rica over Dominican Republic, and Cubans have their eyes in the bright lights of Miami way before Santo Domingo or Sosua is even considered.

Bob do you know what really gets me??? We are talking about a place like DR where a dryer or "secadora" is a status symbol A DRYER!!! and they have the nerve to look down on Haitian people.

You do a good job yourself at looking down on people. There are simply too many Haitians in the DR using up scarce resources for Dominicans to appreciate Haitians. You add the history and you end up with the current feelings amongst Dominicans. It has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with Dominicans wanting to go to the USA or any other country. Separate issues.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Perhaps you have more information you'd like to share with us, of on the scene accounts of what really happened to this Haitian in Juan Dolio? Because up to now all we have are the accounts given to us by his family members. For all we know immigration official arrived at the scene to apprehend them and the Haitians (as has been reported in the news) fought with immigration officials and as a result the Haitian died.

Also spare me the argument that this person had his legal papers, because we all know that forgeries exist.

So as you can imagine, providing an opinion without having all the actual facts, could also de interpreted by many as being "small minded" as well.

What his brother showed was his Haitian passport with a visa. I have actually never heard of a forged Haitian passport. Forged Dominican cedulas, certainly. But not forged Haitian passports. Why would anyone bother? They are only allowed into 14 countries without visas.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
What his brother showed was his Haitian passport with a visa. I have actually never heard of a forged Haitian passport. Forged Dominican cedulas, certainly. But not forged Haitian passports. Why would anyone bother? They are only allowed into 14 countries without visas.

If Haitians go the extra length to forge Dominican passports, cedulas, Dominican Birth certificate and immigration working papers to come across, then I'm sure they could also attain forged Haitian passports as well.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
You do a good job yourself at looking down on people. There are simply too many Haitians in the DR using up scarce resources for Dominicans to appreciate Haitians. You add the history and you end up with the current feelings amongst Dominicans. It has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with Dominicans wanting to go to the USA or any other country. Separate issues.

Have you EVER witness me interact with people??? Have you ever witness my mouth move and directed insults or negative comments toward another human being.

You can tell me that I looked down on people, but you can't tell me if I wear glasses or not? Does this sound a bit strange to you Bob?

Bob you are a smart man please just do not make BROAD statements tell me what I said was not true, tell me everybody in DR has a dryer, tell me everybody can run a dryer, tell me most of the people with dryers are people who do not like to hang their cloths outside.

STOP directing your dislike for JMB773 and find some untruth in my posts. Tell me a Mexican family in Michoacan that are living so far below the poverty line will have better luck in Higuey.

Bob have you ever spent time in a Haitian home in DR??? What resources do you see Haitians taking from Dominicans because when I visited Haitian homes I do not witness many resources in any of these homes, BUT I see many Dominicans in NYC using American resources when they shouldn't but that is another topic.

BTW I am taking my daughter to the zoo today with my buddy and his son and daughter that happen to white, but I will sit here for a minute and add the history of the two of us and see if I still want to go to the zoo with his family LOL Tell me Bob because I value your opinion so much should I go out with my friend because of our history with our ancestors? HELP ME BOB!!!!

Last thing before you make a statement like "me looking down on people", learn the sound of my voice. If you can draw a conclusion like this based on a "public forum" on a website I do not think you should be in the business of educating children.

Enjoy your Sabado Bobby Fisher LOL:)

Status
Not open for further replies.