Haitians at USA/Mexico border

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
Don't say sorry. I'm no fan of them. How they can see their fellow countrymen in abject misery and do absolutely effing nothing is beyond my comprehension.
The question is how much can they really do and how much money do they really have. Sometimes you hear about rich Haitians relocating to the DR but here they are not among the rich I don’t think as opposed to the Venezuelan rich who came here.

There should be an international investigation into what happened to all those funds raised after the 2010 earthquake. In my opinion that broke the camels back. The aftermath and disappointment.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
troubling how? Under staffed over worked Officers doing their job. What is troubling is trying to blame this massive crisis on the law officers.
That is very true. I was thinking that. How stressed they must be. It is the perception though. Just a failure internationally overall

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We can argue politics all day along (but of course not here. :cool:).

There are 15000 or so people who need help and that should be the first order of business. I haven't read anything but I would hope that the southern Texas churches are doing whatever they can to feed and help these people.

• Angry
Reactions: AlaPlaya

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008

There are 15000 or so people who need help and that should be the first order of business. I haven't read anything but I would hope that the southern Texas churches are doing whatever they can to feed and help these people.
15000 is just there. Sounds like internationally or in Lat Am there are a lot more.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

This falls on the population of south Texas not the churches. Churches are like the government they have no money except what has been given to them one way or another. And a crisis like is happens wears out the welcome mat in a hurry. Would no want to be near the rio bano at this time. with no or not enough higiene facilities it's ripe for cholera.

• Angry
Reactions: AlaPlaya and cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
This falls on the population of south Texas not the churches. Churches are like the government they have no money except what has been given to them one way or another. And a crisis like is happens wears out the welcome mat in a hurry. Would no want to be near the rio bano at this time. with no or not enough higiene facilities it's ripe for cholera.

Agree with the cholera and agree I would not want to be an innocent bystander there. But like with the earthquake, I wish there was more I could do to help.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
Relies little on smugglers it says. So the Haitians are not paying in thousands of USD. That’s the Cubans and Venezuelans and maybe others plus it doesn’t take years with them. The Haitians start in South America and this must just have been increasing more and more. And suddenly there are so many.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This video is even more troubling. A Texas border officer is seen supposedly whipping a Haitian.

Seriously? Nobody was whipped. Watch it again. Absolutely Fake News.

But actually, they should be whipping them and stopping this criminal invasion of American Sovereignty. It would be more compassionate to them in the long run. They can stay in their own sh--hole country and make it better. There's a novel idea.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008

U.S. expulsions of Haitians may violate international law - UN refugee boss​

I saw one clip where a US immigration official was talking about them contacting the countries where they had come from. Is seems logical to me but of course if they where illegal there then what - despite maybe living there for years.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I saw one clip where a US immigration official was talking about them contacting the countries where they had come from. Is seems logical to me but of course if they where illegal there then what - despite maybe living there for years.

I don't think that's the case. Obviously I don't know all of their stories, but you can't fly into a country illegally. They throw you out fast if you even get on the plane. My friend Benson was legal. My other friend's sister was legal too, at least until she got to the USA and got a free ticked to PAP.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
With 500,000 to invest you are welcome to the US with a green card in areas deemed high unemployment (other areas 1 million) and thousands of Chinese have been allowed entry with this amount of money.
Of the swelling numbers of Haitians entering none have half a million nor probably even $500.
Since they speak French I would think making their way to Quebec would be their best bet eh?
Well the Canadian artic could use more people........

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
troubling how? Under staffed over worked Officers doing their job. What is troubling is trying to blame this massive crisis on the law officers.
I can tell you about troubling....Talked to a Dominican relative today who lives near the Haiti border....she is about 80 years old and lives in a countryside, grows much of her food, and raises animals, as of late her chickens, 2 cows , and other animals were stolen by Haitians who are new to her area.......

Reactions: ctrob

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I can tell you about troubling....Talked to a Dominican relative today who lives near the Haiti border....she is about 80 years old and lives in a countryside, grows much of her food, and raises animals, as of late her chickens, 2 cows , and other animals were stolen by Haitians who are new to her area.......

I've heard those stories many times over the years.

I guess one has to ask, How does she know it was Haitians?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There seems to be a large influx of Haitians in Jarabacoa as well, and there have been some arrests of some of them for break and enter and theft of motorcycles; and yes they were caught on cameras and I believe turned in by other Haitians.

aarhus

Gold
Jun 10, 2008
I found this video quite revealing. I didn’t know they fly in from Africa to Ecuador and Brazil. So many of the migrants are African and Asian too. Unbelievable. I wonder if they by mistake think a refugee is Haitian and deport them to Haiti and it’s really someone from Cameroon. No that cant happen.

Reactions: cavok

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I found this video quite revealing. I didn’t know they fly in from Africa to Ecuador and Brazil. So many of the migrants are African and Asian too. Unbelievable. I wonder if they by mistake think a refugee is Haitian and deport them to Haiti and it’s really someone from Cameroon. No that cant happen.

The language difference and processing is pretty solid. Generally the only people who fake where they are from are Africans claiming to be Congolese and you get Middle East types claiming to be from a different country.