He Got The Call!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats dchenriquez good to hear he'll be there for the baby's birth. ;)

Now we'll cross our fingers for Kimmygirl.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
hey kimmygirl,

I got a quote today for $450 from POP or PUJ to Toronto. It's on a charter. I'm just trying to confirm how far in advance it can be bought. So once it's confirmed and i have the details i will let you know!!

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Flight

hey kimmygirl,

I got a quote today for $450 from POP or PUJ to Toronto. It's on a charter. I'm just trying to confirm how far in advance it can be bought. So once it's confirmed and i have the details i will let you know!!

I also got some info from Crazymoon. Her husband is flying in today. She said that she called Air Transat in POP and the lady said that they can purchase a flight on Tuesdays to fly on Friday or Saturday. It is basically a selloff of what is left. It cost her $440US or $500Can. I am assuming that it would be the same for Punta Cana.

What did you find out?

Kim

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hey Kimmygirl-
When Orlando flew, he left from POP. He went to Skyservice, Signature, and Air Transat. They would only sell him the ticket through Air Transat. He paid about $500 Cdn. He had to show his letter of PR, which the lady at Immigration told him no one could open until he landed in Cda. However, this is not the case, they have to open it at Air Transat when he purchases the ticket b/c they have to see he does have PR.

Also, when you hubby picks up his passport, tell him not freak out b/c there will be an expiry date on his Visa. For 3 months, I believe. He basically has 3 months to get his butt to Cda, otherwise he'll have to go through this whol rig-a-morol all over again. But they will not kick him out once he arrives in Cda, after the 3 months. They will put a big line through the Visa once he lands in Cda, so it cvan't be used again.

He'll get his picture taken when he arrives in Immigration, for his PR card which will be mailed to him about 2 weeks later.

When he gets off the plane, he'll go through the Immigration line, like everyone else, but once he gets through, he tells them he's landing in Cda for the 1st time, and they will direct him to the room behind the Immigration officers, to go and fill out his PR card info. Then he can go and hget his suitcase, and see you! Congratulations, best of luck!

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Baileyboy,

Thanks so much for this info. I don't want him to be any more stressed out then he has too. I also feel relief that it will not cost over $2000 for the two of them to fly.

I will keep everyone posted!

Kim

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Hey!

Just wanted to let everyone following that the e-CAS status changed today to DECISION MADE!!!!!!!! I'm hoping they will call by the end of the week!

Kim

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Hey Kimmygirl-
He had to show his letter of PR, which the lady at Immigration told him no one could open until he landed in Cda. However, this is not the case, they have to open it at Air Transat when he purchases the ticket b/c they have to see he does have PR.

Baileyboy,
When your husband picked up his passport, did they also give him a package with all of your documents and pictures that you sent in?? When my husband when to get his they just handed him that and didn't mention anything about a letter of PR which he should hand to Immigration in Canada. So i was just wondering if they'd just stuck it in with the rest of the stuff. You'd think they'd mention it though if it's something rather important.!! Now i'm curious if he even has one. Thanks 4 ur info.

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Oscar got the call this morning and he will be going tomorrow to get his PR. Thanks everyone and I will keep you posted!!

Kim

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats

That's great Kimmy now you can come to the Fiesta at the end of the month. They have presidente ;)

You can get your tickets from Hifiman.

So much to learn in this thread I'll have to book mark it.

Congrats

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
Congrats.. it's been longtime coming.. You must be thrilled ! I'm still waiting but for those of us who live in Quebec it's a diffrent ball game.. We also have to wait for the Province to approve.. bbbeeeuuurrkkkk more waiting.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
OOoh, cool!! You can buy it in the States? I didn't know that. I'll have to look for it next time i'm over there. THanks!

KIMMYGIRL

Dec 9, 2005
Oscar booked his flight today to fly on Saturday night!!! It was booked through Conquest and he flys with Skyservice. It was only $350US each!!! I will post the number at a later date.

Kim

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Oh Kimmy,
I'm so happy for you...finally....I hope that my husband/Oscar's friend will be here soon too....and then we will have to have a party..Dominican style....

Talk to you later,
DD

Johana

May 24, 2006
I'm looking to get married in October....thanks for the timeline information - it's what I have been expecting for the visa process.

dchenriquez

Jan 26, 2005
Here's the timeline that i had, i don't think i posted it earlier.
September 2005 - married
October 2006 - medical done
October 23 2006 - Submitted papers
November 23 2006 - I was approved to Sponsor
March 2007 - online finally says "in process"
May 2007 - Medical Results received (update online)
June 23 2007 - update online "decision made"
June 29 2007 - visa issued and received passport
August 4 2007 - coming to Canada