Health reform is needed

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Number one,when "they" start bringing your personal life into the discussion, you have won!

No offense Cris but Shalena's plan of attack now seems to be unilateral and personal whether she's right or not.

BTW, I realize both of you have experience with regard to medical experience and I tried to make a realistic point about what the real causes of what ails the public health system here but apparently to no avail.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Trying to teach Dominicans,is like "Hearding Cats"!
No offense "Cats"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans have a "National Persona",and then laugh about their "Boiler Plate" ideas on everything!
1.We are all "Good Catholics", .............
2.When it comes to food,we like to try new dishes.
3.Dominicans are "Faithful" to their marriage
4.We love our children and will do anything for them.
5.?????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I hate to say this, but will anyways: You sound like the " UGLY American" people from foreign countries hate. A bulldozer may do a great job of flattening the ground, but usually takes all the soil that allows something to grow. Catch what I mean. I absolutely do not hate you, I've never met you.

I agree with you. The only problem is that we are just reading posts. We don't know how it will translate in real life. She is not dumb, people should give her the benefit of the doubt, instead of attacking her and dragging her personal life in.

Even then, we all make mistakes and , hopefully, we all learn from them.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just don't know why some people seem to get personally offensive when someone disagrees with them. Certainly most have done it but for some it is a modus operandi unfortunately like Racer.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I agree with you. The only problem is that we are just reading posts. We don't know how it will translate in real life. She is not dumb, people should give her the benefit of the doubt, instead of attacking her and dragging her personal life in.
Maybe she shouldn't put words in someone's mouth to rationalize their behavior.

She comes asking for help. Then when actual, substantive help and insight is offered by folks who have a better EARNED understanding of how things work here she lashes out because she doesn't like it.

I don't "hate" Shalena, I'm feeling sorry for her now. I tried to help. No mas.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I just don't know why some people seem to get personally offensive when someone disagrees with them. Certainly most have done it but for some it is a modus operandi unfortunately like Racer.

What the hell did you bring him into this for?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not washing your hands (very cheap) is #1 & #2.

Considering how clean most Dominicans are about their own bodies and space, and how much care most take with what they eat or drink you would think they would be aware of how necessary it is in a hospital environment. I've seen how generously they use cloro.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
To the OP: my sincerest condolences.

To all relatives in the US who have parents living here: a decent health insurance premium can be had for US$15 per month. The next time you come visit, please do your parents a favor and make sure they have this coverage so this post doesn't become your post.

To Shalena and Chip: I have the fullest respect for your opinions and realize that both of you really and truly do care and want to assist the poor of the Dominican Republic and Haiti. But, for goodness sakes, quit arguing on the board and get a freaking room already.

To everyone else: you might actually be surprised by the number of doctors who do charity work here, especially in church-run clinics (Catholic and evangelical). But they won't do it at their office or at the private clinic because then the word will get out and they will be overrun by charity cases.

dmlawyers1

Sep 6, 2011
dmlawyer.com
The DR is a beggarly country it could be said mostly do to it's mismanaged resources and degeneracy. Nonetheless, the scrutiny repair I've seen is fantabulous for a figure of the direction needful. As far as the overt hospitals go is it quite contingent to get keen and professional treatment as retentive as they aren't overwhelmed. No the accommodations mostly aren't pretty or comfortable.

Also, most of the doctors that product in the overt hospitals also operate in a inward clinic or straight soul their own exercise.

Finally, my chief died of mansion in the US because of his doc's indiscretion and we also lived a few life unable to get wellbeing insurance for me and my wife. Moreover, while lawsuits may appear to help scrutiny professionals act much responsible by all accounts it is a 1000000000 greenback industry in the US so that's not maybe as industrial as one might opine.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
The DR is a beggarly country it could be said mostly do to it's mismanaged resources and degeneracy. Nonetheless, the scrutiny repair I've seen is fantabulous for a figure of the direction needful. As far as the overt hospitals go is it quite contingent to get keen and professional treatment as retentive as they aren't overwhelmed. No the accommodations mostly aren't pretty or comfortable.

Also, most of the doctors that product in the overt hospitals also operate in a inward clinic or straight soul their own exercise.

Finally, my chief died of mansion in the US because of his doc's indiscretion and we also lived a few life unable to get wellbeing insurance for me and my wife. Moreover, while lawsuits may appear to help scrutiny professionals act much responsible by all accounts it is a 1000000000 greenback industry in the US so that's not maybe as industrial as one might opine.
I'm trying to understand what you are saying? Are you using some sort of online translator because its not very good. It is coming out a little similar to the drunk rants of an ex member here

SHALENA

sdnylz

Aug 16, 2009
Unfortunately there's a huge chasm between the service offered by public hospitals and private clinics. If you have the money you can get very good care at places such as Hospiten, but if you're really poor then you could easily be left to die over a simple illness.

I've heard of patients not being allowed to leave the clinic until the debt is settled, but never heard of clinics not accepting patients for not having the money up front. I'm sure it happens...

Shalena is correct to extent that lack of money doesn't excuse the treatment of patients. The problem is deeper than money and resources. For instance when my sister was an intern in "El Morgan" one of those investigative programs went there to investigate what kind of care patients were getting and she spoke up about the bad situation. Long story short after the camera left she was threatened that she would be expelled from the program (losing everything she had worked for) if she said anything else and the hospital director even went as far as to say to her that "All heroes are dead"...clearly a veiled threat to just shut up. So you can see how doctors are indoctrinated to just accept it and of course after seeing so many of these cases they get jaded to the point where patients in public hospitals are almost just like another object in a never ending assembly line of misery.

Bottom line if you can afford it, get health insurance and have some money saved just in case so you and your loved ones can go to a private clinic when/if the need arises.

Funny you mentioned Hospiten, I saw that clinic when I went to DR for my dad's passing and I thought why didn't they take him here? (the relatives that were with him) First, they called me too late, then I asked one of them Do you feel confident at that clinic? They said yes. Then I booked the next flight to DR my plan was to take him to the best clinic I didn't care how much it would cost me but I didn't make it on time. He passed before I even got on the plane. Anyway, I'm going through a lot of emotions to the point I might go for Psychotherapy.

My dad told me he had insurance through a friend of his who's a doctor there.

I know hospitals don't have the right budget, no supplies, the employees get paid very minimal. Is a complex problem, but somethings got to change.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In The DR,If There Isn't "MONEY" In It For Someone,mainly politicians and ,,,,,

Business people it doesn't get done.
In a hospital setting,which I have 10 years experience here,you can get a building built,and buy expensive equipment,but then it stops. Reason is,that there is "corrupt money" in construction projects,and the purchase of equipment but not in educating and training nurses and techs.
It has been said that many doctors ,and nurse as well,work in public hospitals,and then have a private office as well.WHY?
Do you think some might take some supplies and medicine from the public hospital to use in their private office??????
I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"What A Country"!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc