I like the DR because??? I miss this from my home country?

palm princess

Oct 14, 2009
I can sum it up in one word:

Culture

Canada is devoid of culture because of multi-culturalism. We have no one culture :( we seem so generic.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Canada is devoid of culture because of multi-culturalism. We have no one culture :(

We're devoid of culture because we have so much of it? :paranoid:

I think we are so fortunate to experience so many different cultures without having to leave the country.

I think the OP wants to know what you miss from your own country that you can't get while living in the DR. ;)

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
variety is the spice of life :)

I can sum it up in one word:

Culture

Canada is devoid of culture because of multi-culturalism. We have no one culture :(

we have east coast culture...west coast....northern....and then you get to the cities and we become a mixed culture...everyone gets a taste of this and that...

newfoundland is a country within itself as well as quebec and the northern parts of canada are all different...only the cities are multicultured...go to any town outside the cities and you will see a difference in they way they behave and act...cities are too high paced for anyone to really sit down and build one set culture around....doesn't mean that we can't enjoy bits of other cultures in our own back yard...
all summer long we have cultural festivals in the cities so we can enjoy the cultures of italian...greek...jamaican...chineese....polish....ect...ect...