I want to move to the D.R.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Summary of what I have seen so far. Stepha228 has the right kind of attitude. A huge plus.

A good point was made about being legal. I don't know the current time frame for becoming a legal resident, but I think you will have to wait about 6 months before you can legally work. Double check on that and consider applying for residency before you move rather than after.

As a hair dresser, I have major doubts that will be profitable unless you happen to pick the exact right location and can find enough expat clients. Otherwise the price paid to style local peoples hair will probably not be attractive to you.

You mentioned you are a doer. That is great, but do not for one minute think you are going to be the tail that wags the dog, so to speak, with regard to how things are done here. That would prove to be very frustrating. Use the approach that you can ignore it, which you also mentioned. Pick your battles very carefully.

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
Summary of what I have seen so far. Stepha228 has the right kind of attitude. A huge plus.

A good point was made about being legal. I don't know the current time frame for becoming a legal resident, but I think you will have to wait about6 months before you can legally work. Double check on that and consider applying for residency before you move rather than after.

As a hair dresser, I have major doubts that will be profitable unless you happen to pick the exact right location and can find enough expat clients. Otherwise the price paid to style local peoples hair will probably not be attractive to you.

You mentioned you are a doer. That is great, but do not for one minute think you are going to be the tail that wags the dog, so to speak, with regard to how things are done here. That would prove to be very frustrating. Use the approach that you can ignore it, which you also mentioned. Pick your battles very carefully.

I agree... One of the reasons why here in America I've stayed with the hospital that I work for. Thank you, and noted;)

Stepha228

Mar 22, 2013
I have gained a lot of information from this thread.... Not sure if I will continue back for information. Regardless, I'm moving and changing my life around. I have learned a lot, and I've been relearned and beaten over by negativity, that I honestly think serves well as a warning, but is counterproductive. So thank you all. I look forward to meeting you all at my party:)

Status
Not open for further replies.