If you don't want be cheated by Dominican Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
Malibook said:
Maybe your Canadian group got pink because of when they showed up.
I don't think it is anybody's business where people are from especially given the reputation of Canadian women on DR1.:paranoid: :cheeky:

Now thats not very nice lets not all put us canadians in the same pot, its like if i would say all dominicans are cheaters and liars...... I've stayed in a couple of AI in DR and the places the bracelets worked is it would represent the country u came from or the language u spoke !

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
audrav said:
What way is that?:tired:
When you deal with certain types of people on daily basis, you get to know know is who and where they are coming from. Ex: when a tourist and a local both have the hotel band on the wrist, how does a hustler know who lives here and who is from outside? If both are white then the one with a cell phone in hand is the local and the one with a big smile on the face and no cell phone is the tourist. The tourists dress alike, walk alike and talk alike.
The british go to cheap resorts and show of their tattoos and talk loud, not to mention, their accent gives them away. The canadians ask for pop when they want a coke. They say "Ayy" when they talk. The germans don't talk to anyone and only drink. These sankies speak various languages and know who is from where unlike people who are from nebraska, who wouldn't know a difference between italian and brazilian.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB said:
. The canadians ask for pop when they want a coke. They say "Ayy" when they talk. AZB

You my friend have been misinformed, we say eh not ayy and we do ask for coke and here in Canada they say will Pepsi be ok when they don't have coke and being the great creatures we are we respond with "whatever" :laugh:

They carried out a very expensive survey on coke vs Pepsi :laugh:

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
AZB said:
When you deal with certain types of people on daily basis, you get to know know is who and where they are coming from. Ex: when a tourist and a local both have the hotel band on the wrist, how does a hustler know who lives here and who is from outside? If both are white then the one with a cell phone in hand is the local and the one with a big smile on the face and no cell phone is the tourist. The tourists dress alike, walk alike and talk alike.
The british go to cheap resorts and show of their tattoos and talk loud, not to mention, their accent gives them away. The canadians ask for pop when they want a coke. They say "Ayy" when they talk. The germans don't talk to anyone and only drink. These sankies speak various languages and know who is from where unlike people who are from nebraska, who wouldn't know a difference between italian and brazilian.
AZB

little bit of a generalisation don't you think? i dont have any tatoo's and i always have my cell phone with me??

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
bellissima_81 said:
Now thats not very nice lets not all put us canadians in the same pot, its like if i would say all dominicans are cheaters and liars......
I'm not one of the people here putting them in the same huge pot.
I am just an observer.
bellissima_81 said:
I've stayed in a couple of AI in DR and the places the bracelets worked is it would represent the country u came from or the language u spoke !
The language too?
Which resorts were these?

ash

May 7, 2006
hey guys, the resort that i stayed a number of times there bracelete repersents the language that the tourists speak, pink..english, blue...spanish, green..german, white..italian and yellow..french etc, the workers there ( who are my friends) state that it gives them a heads up to what labguage the tourist speaks before trying to talk to them, not saying they all know every language, all of them know english more then any other language, it makes them aware of what language they speak try to make them feel as comfortable as possible, anyway this is the way the bracelet works at the viva whyndham playa dorada,
ash

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
generalizing AZB -again

AZB said:
The canadians ask for pop when they want a coke. They say "Ayy" when they talk.
AZB

We're not pirates eh! (ayyyy). I don't know of any culture/country that uses the word pop, we know our soft drinks by name!

G

gary short

BEEELLLTCHHH.............Geez eh........Moyra grab me another brewski......that A zed b guy is beakin off again.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
lol this is amusing.seriously now lets use a little common sense. hotel staff sees people EVERY day coming/going from different countries. They are not looking for people from some specific place its a "thing" their looking for "money" so they dont care where your from. They will be good at finding people who have money quite easily on checkin.

They have been exposed to many languages and possibly even speak decently in several so as they can converse with their prey.

They can see wristbands to give them clues to where your from possibly.

They can see how you arrived at the hotel ( did you take a private taxi or were you with the standard travelers?)

When your luggage is brought to your room which room are staying in? ( is it the standard room or an expensive one?)

The clothing and jewelry you wear will allow them to see what your spending habits are for general items like this.

If they see you in your room and look around what items did you bring with you? ( valuable or expensive electronics? cellphones? computers?)

Are you tipping the help? and if so how well compared to everyone else?

What extra charge activities are you getting involved in? ( lots of extra charges if you want to do special things like ride atvs or other outside entertainment)

These are just a few of the MANY clues im sure they will use to decide if your worth their trouble and also HOW MUCH of their trouble are you worth?

By all means go and do your research if this is what you will enjoy. It doesnt really sound very dangerous to me actually it sounds more like you want to play with these types of peoples minds and feelings.

Which of course I also see no problem with. They are there to entertain you aren't they? If this is what will entertain you then by all means go for it.

momita

May 17, 2006
hi

WELL I'm very glad that I gave you good topic to discution.
:bunny:
But I must say that you very wrong talking about my ignorancy.stupidy or
even weakness to whisky:tired:
Do not forget I am Polish I drink just vodka;)
I do not change my mind by the way.
Hopefully some day you will understand my intention
And also what is such a big deal I'm not going to kill anybody
Maybe just few superstitions about geagraphic skills.;)

AS always
love you all
Momita

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
momita said:
Hopefully some day you will understand my intention
You underestimate our capacity to understand.
You think that telling sankie you are Polish has them believing you are poor, so they don't put the moves on you, and you think that telling them you are British, will have them all over you.
If you paid attention, you would have noticed that nobody agrees with you.
Maybe that's a hint that you are wrong.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Rocky said:
If you paid attention, you would have noticed that nobody agrees with you.
Maybe that's a hint that you are wrong.
She doesn't pay attention and she has her mind all made up, and she doesn't want to listen. I would say if your mind is so made up then just don't post and ask is not like you have any doubts right?...
It is good she has some vodka...to kill the germs...
Rocky-early morning for you again?

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
let her be

Momita,

I see you are 30 years old so you must have some experience dealing with different people and situations. When you are in the DR and talking with your "friends", watch for their reactions when you start asking about their extra curricular activities. Hopefully they don't get all defensive and attack you (verbally whatever). When I confronted the guy about Sankies, he played stupid at first, but then acted all defensive and got angry. This was a sure sign for me.

I hope you can bring back some information we haven't already heard. I would like to know the average amount of extra $$ they make off of their victims. What do they plan on doing when they are too old to be on an animation team? Do they have competitions amongst themselves to see who can make more in a month etc..

The people on DR1 really know what they are talking about, don't argue with them, and listen to what they are telling you. They are here to help, not attack or judge you.

Good luck and be safe.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
What is the problem?

Momita is going to the DR to play hide-the-sausage with mucho sankies.
So what?
She is not denying they are sankies and she is not looking for a husband like some delusional idiots.

Good points Beads.
Of course they look beyond the mere bracelet.

Bailarina

May 16, 2005
hm , i see your point. when i was in the DR and people would come up to me speaking horrific english and assuming i did not speak spanish i would get insulted that they thought i was from the US and said in spanish "perdoname, habla ruso? no hablo ingles" . this would mean they would have to use spanish if they wanted to talk and avoid all talk of the US and all. of course i already had met my Dominican. i did it for other reasons, more not to be annoyed by people imagining i was an american, but it really only works if you know spanish already or can fake a nice russian accent and speak some russian, which i can, if i had to.
i'm not really for lying, but if you arent looking for any long term friends, then i suppose it can't hurt. um,. "good luck" on your trip (if it can be called that).

momita said:
First of all I have to say that mostly people on this forum do not like me and disagree with me(don't you M'frog;) )
If you have a look for my previous Threads you will see what I mean.
Any way I'm always saying that Dominican men are very nice and they never ever tried to cheated me or take adventage of me.
This is out of discution.I didn't change my opinion at all.
But I can see why it happened that I met those right people !!!!
Most of you are from Usa or England or another rich countries.
What make you tasty slice of cake for them.
Even if I live in England I never really mention that.I Was always saying I come from Poland.I don't think so that Poland is on his High priority LIST:cheeky:
Then in that way I avoided any sankies and other cheaters.
Then good advice for all women going to Dominican Republic
Tell them you are from Russia,Bulgaria or Poland.
In this way you simple rejected all rubbish.
And will spend nice holiday with very nice People.
Iam going to do something oposite;) As I am going there again in 10 days
I will be pretented Rich English tourist:cheeky: I want meet some SANKIES
I will let you know about my resoults when Iwill be Back
Wish me luck
love you all
Momita

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think the point of this thread is kind of lost.

What Momita's original thought was that with her one trip to the DR ( I might be wrong on the number of trips) that she has come up with a brilliant idea of telling in her words " Dominican men" meaning the resort workers that you are from some poor country so they won't try and scam you out of money, visa etc.

But what Rocky and others originally said was that some of these guys have never traveled to the other side of the Island let alone even been on a plane soooooooooooooooooo if you got on a plane and are at a hotel for vacation you are rich in their mind no matter what you say. Saying you are poor and have no money isn't a deterrent.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
AnnaC said:
I think the point of this thread is kind of lost.

What Momita's original thought was that with her one trip to the DR ( I might be wrong on the number of trips) that she has come up with a brilliant idea of telling in her words " Dominican men" meaning the resort workers that you are from some poor country so they won't try and scam you out of money, visa etc.

But what Rocky and others originally said was that some of these guys have never traveled to the other side of the Island let alone even been on a plane soooooooooooooooooo if you got on a plane and are at a hotel for vacation you are rich in their mind no matter what you say. Saying you are poor and have no money isn't a deterrent.

I disagree a bit with you AnnaC...:cheeky:

Yes, you are right when you say that to them if you
got on a plane and are at a hotel for vacation you are rich in their mind
...BUT if you tell them you are poor, or even if they happen to know where Poland or Russia is (remember most sankies are illiterate) as soon as they can even smell the fact that you might not have money, they will RUN to find their next victim!!!;)

So, I don't think momita's experiment will work:paranoid: ...In order for it to work and for her to get her 'research' done to be able to write about it, she SHOULD boast that she's from a 'rich' country, and she should make it known to them that she has money to spend on them...and then she'll really get the true 'sankie' out of any of them!!!

Isn't that the point? To get to know how a sankie works? (Although most of us already know!) Of course, she is already too smart to 'fall' for their lines, and she would never give them any money...:bored:

I think this whole thread is a big joke...sock puppet anyone? Even the way she writes!!!

Give us all a break!!! There is no need to do any kind of research...it's been done time and time again!!!

Now, if you just want to be 'sankiefied'...then by all means, go knock yourself out!!! You'll have the time of your life!!!

MQ

Status
Not open for further replies.