Illegal immigrants and government actions

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
'Frica
I wouldn't think 'neglected' is quite right....
but their significance doesn't deserve the attention on a personal - one on one - basis
Other problems out weigh these

Yes, they're human, yes they are 'underserved' but that is their lot in life - this life -
'feel free to move on - if it suits them - choose another place

Aren't we all a bit tired of the
If you don't treat me better - I'll leave ....

I am

Want to be treated right?
then act like it.....fall in line with the rest - the majority- of the people

Do minorities get a good deal? NEVER, from my experience

Best way to get along is to join.......

Where's the beef !!?

No beef

It s not about fairness or wanting special treatment.

My point is that tourism is evolving under our eyes, if the country feels its on their own interest, they should adapt. Even AI will have to adapt to a certain extent.

I was reading that there is a boom of foreign buyers in the DR. Those foreign buyers are probably attracted to this place because of its easiness (besides palm trees, nice weather and friendly people).

I have a good deal at the moment personally and get along wonderfully, gracias :). It may change and may have to move along or adapt. C'est la vie !

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The "I am a resident/citizen" crew does not want to look at the big picture.
They are as group a bunch of hammer (heads) who see the situation as a nail. 🔨

If you are not a resident they want you penalized. "Throw the bums out", they shout from their roof tops. And when no one can hear them because dembow is drowning their cries for justice out...they come off their roofs and start banging on their keyboards. (Ouch)❗

Looking at the bigger picture is not within their ability. So, the idea that you might want to treat people who are contributing to the economy differently than those who are not never enters their minds. It is a good thing they are not in power. Because I have yet to read an article or see a news stories where Dominican politician is denouncing all of the people here illegally from North America or the EU.

Because right here and right now I am throwing the gauntlet down and challenge the "I am a resident/citizen" crew to post one here ‼️
Where is the beef❓Not WAGS from their crystal balls about the future.

Your serve🎾
How is being illegal being part of a big picture that is an acceptable one?

Oh well, I guess I am insufficiently intelligent to grasp that concept. Or maybe it is just nonsense. I will go with nonsense.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No beef

It s not about fairness or wanting special treatment.

My point is that tourism is evolving under our eyes, if the country feels its on their own interest, they should adapt. Even AI will have to adapt to a certain extent.

I was reading that there is a boom of foreign buyers in the DR. Those foreign buyers are probably attracted to this place because of its easiness (besides palm trees, nice weather and friendly people).

I have a good deal at the moment personally and get along wonderfully, gracias :). It may change and may have to move along or adapt. C'est la vie !
Normal tourism, what the DR had in the many millions before CV19 and what the powers that be want back, has people that stay for a week or two at a time and not months. This is where the focus is of the DR government. Short term AI tourism and its return.

A few thousand snowbirds would stay for the winter season - not significant enough to change the laws, but that 6 month snowbird visa would be nice if they can ever figure it out.

People who live here as expats, foreign buyers, can become legal by becoming legal residents. It is not a hard thing to do, but it is somewhat harder than 20 years ago. No changes needed at all to how that is done for those that want to live here.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
How is being illegal being part of a big picture that is an acceptable one?
It requires you to read and comprehend English. You answered a question with a question. So yes, your reply is nonsense.
Looking at the bigger picture is not within their ability. So, the idea that you might want to treat people who are contributing to the economy differently than those who are not never enters their minds. It is a good thing they are not in power. Because I have yet to read an article or see a news stories where Dominican politician is denouncing all of the people here illegally from North America or the EU.

Because right here and right now I am throwing the gauntlet down and challenge the "I am a resident/citizen" crew to post one here ‼️

Your serve🎾
So, when challenged straight up the captain of the "I am a resident/citizen" punts ‼️

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Normal tourism, what the DR had in the many millions before CV19 and what the powers that be want back, has people that stay for a week or two at a time and not months. This is where the focus is of the DR government. Short term AI tourism and its return.

A few thousand snowbirds would stay for the winter season - not significant enough to change the laws, but that 6 month snowbird visa would be nice if they can ever figure it out.

People who live here as expats, foreign buyers, can become legal by becoming legal residents. It is not a hard thing to do, but it is somewhat harder than 20 years ago. No changes needed at all to how that is done for those that want to live here.

They have the 120 day, 4 month, snowbird visa. This should work for most.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
They have the 120 day, 4 month, snowbird visa. This should work for most.
Are we fortune telling ❓ Predicting the future❓Or you are simply making a WAG❓
I understand if your are just floating a trial ballon of your thoughts.
But the bottom line that the "I am a resident/citizen" hangs their hat on is that they know the true intentions of the DRGOV and they can predict the future.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Are we fortune telling ❓ Predicting the future❓Or you are simply making a WAG❓
I understand if your are just floating a trial ballon of your thoughts.
But the bottom line that the "I am a resident/citizen" hangs their hat on is that they know the true intentions of the DRGOV and they can predict the future.

What's with the really annoying red question marks? Looks like something an 8 year old has posted.

I am simply saying that there is a tourist visa which enables 120 day stays which is easy to get, and this should work for the majority of snowbirds. I have lived in DR for over 10 years so have a reasonable idea of how things work, and I'm not prepared to discuss my immigration status on here.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A lot of snowbirds in the condo complex where I live. The 120 days that is now available(it's not a visa, but an extension to the tourist card) probably covers 95% of them. DGM should make it 6 months.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

Now tell me something that I don t know....

Or that you haven t repeated 1000 times in this thread.

We get it.

Felicidades ???

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
What's with the really annoying red question marks? Looks like something an 8 year old has posted.

I am simply saying that there is a tourist visa which enables 120 day stays which is easy to get, and this should work for the majority of snowbirds. I have lived in DR for over 10 years so have a reasonable idea of how things work, and I'm not prepared to discuss my immigration status on here.
Standard DR1 move.
Attack the person when you have nothing intellectually to add to the discussion.
Next standard #2 DR1 move.
Appeal to authority. I have live here for X number of years so I know everything.
I did not ask about your immigration status and do not care.
Check in with the captain for that.
Not my issue.
And there is no way to know if the 120 day stay will work for everyone.
But it is a fact that is all that is the only short term legal option available at this time.
The ❓ has been made available for anyone posting on DR1 to use.
If you have a problem with me using it, take it up with a moderator.
I also hear that the ignore function works really well.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
THere are so many laws in this country - some quite arcane.
Almost impossible to escape if someone wants to 'throw the book' at you.

Two groups of offenders show similar traits.... it seems to me

The moto helmet people and the overstayers.
Both seem to be an unruly, uncontrollable , inflexible bunch - difficult to manage.
Similar mentalities

Start keeping track and see if see my point.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The "I am a resident/citizen" crew does not want to look at the big picture.
They are as group a bunch of hammer (heads) who see the situation as a nail. 🔨

If you are not a resident they want you penalized. "Throw the bums out", they shout from their roof tops. And when no one can hear them because dembow is drowning their cries for justice out...they come off their roofs and start banging on their keyboards. (Ouch)❗

Your serve🎾
There are a lot of generalisations here. I'm a resident but I have friends who live here and are not. I don't judge them. I know what the law says (if I didn't know otherwise, I have been informed hundreds of times by Windeguy) but also know many people have lived here without Residency, and have come and gone from the country many times without incurring the wrath of immigration officials.

By the way, I thought you said you retired from this argument in post 122. And I also find the big red punctuation marks a little unnecessary.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
There are a lot of generalisations here. I'm a resident but I have friends who live here and are not. I don't judge them. I know what the law says (if I didn't know otherwise, I have been informed hundreds of times by Windeguy) but also know many people have lived here without Residency, and have come and gone from the country many times without incurring the wrath of immigration officials.
I do not judge either. That is my point. Everyone makes a personal decision. Windeguy judges and predicts the future ‼️
By the way, I thought you said you retired from this argument in post 122.
I suggest you read post 122 again. I am not in the exchange with Windeguy anymore.
At this point he chooses to take my posts not directed at him and respond.
That is on him.
And I also find the big red punctuation marks a little unnecessary.
The ❓ ❗ ‼️has been made available for anyone posting on DR1 to use.
If you have a problem with me using them, take it up with a moderator‼️
I also hear that the ignore function works really well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I will respond to any and all posts directed at me or not if I see fit.
It is not my concern how anyone feels about that, never has been on a public forum of any type.

As far as what the new DR government will do, let us see if they walk the walk after all the talk.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
And that is my point.
No one can predict the future.
Rage against the machine all you want.
Seems to have little effect.
Makes for good reading for some I guess.
We will all see what happens.
Anyone posting DR1 think I care about what they think about me ❓

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
THere are so many laws in this country - some quite arcane.
Almost impossible to escape if someone wants to 'throw the book' at you.

Two groups of offenders show similar traits.... it seems to me

The moto helmet people and the overstayers.
Both seem to be an unruly, uncontrollable , inflexible bunch - difficult to manage.
Similar mentalities

Start keeping track and see if see my point.

I fail to see the similarities.

First, there are far more people without helmets there are overstayers, but I could be wrong.

Second, someone without helmet is putting his life at risk and those of others. Does overstaying endanger anyone?

They may be both tolerated but that is where the similarities end.

Inflexible and unruly??? You seem to be talking about Fausto the motoconcho, certainly not me.

If you look hard enough, i am sure you can find similarities between a pineapple and a colmado, but what s the point?

As I said earlier, let s wait and see what the DR govt proposes, then we will adapt. Simple.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I will respond to any and all posts directed at me or not if I see fit.
It is not my concern how anyone feels about that, never has been on a public forum of any type.

As far as what the new DR government will do, let us see if they walk the walk after all the talk.
you need a hug ..... relax

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I fail to see the similarities.

First, there are far more people without helmets there are overstayers, but I could be wrong.

Second, someone without helmet is putting his life at risk and those of others. Does overstaying endanger anyone?

They may be both tolerated but that is where the similarities end.

Inflexible and unruly??? You seem to be talking about Fausto the motoconcho, certainly not me.

If you look hard enough, i am sure you can find similarities between a pineapple and a colmado, but what s the point?

As I said earlier, let s wait and see what the DR govt proposes, then we will adapt. Simple.
Oh come on 'Frica....

not all helmet naysayers are like that... some actually wear one !
Not all overstays are like that..... many follow the rules
Lives at risk is not the point..... adherence to the law is the point

The ones who rant... those are the visible ones... and give the others a bad name

What's new....? same everywhere... a few bad apples, etc
The silent majority is NEVER seen or counted

Numbers have nothing to do with it....how many there there are - the noise level & visibility attract the attention

• Wow
Reactions: johne

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Oh come on 'Frica....

not all helmet naysayers are like that... some actually wear one !
Not all overstays are like that..... many follow the rules
Lives at risk is not the point..... adherence to the law is the point

The ones who rant... those are the visible ones... and give the others a bad name

What's new....? same everywhere... a few bad apples, etc
The silent majority is NEVER seen or counted

Numbers have nothing to do with it....how many there there are - the noise level & visibility attract the attention

Yet, the ones who rant are the ones who adhere to the laws, go figure :rolleyes: