import duty on a harley davidson

Why do you think you had to give up your Harley??? I don't know how many are in the country but there are lots.

I think you are talking to me? I know there are many here on the island but it is by far the stupidest bike to ride with these driving/road conditions!
Sure i could ride it but i would feel like the biggest idiot ever! Just not a smart move in my mind, each to their own!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I think you are talking to me? I know there are many here on the island but it is by far the stupidest bike to ride with these driving/road conditions!
Sure i could ride it but i would feel like the biggest idiot ever! Just not a smart move in my mind, each to their own!

The road conditions are not any worse than my home town, so it's no different to me. The road to Samana is great, the toll highway to Boca Chica is great, the autopista to Santo Domingo is also great. I really don't see where the roads are all that bad. Some of the mountain roads are bad...but Jarabacoa....great! The most dangerous are mostly right in the downtowns where the manhole covers are missing!!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The road conditions are not any worse than my home town, so it's no different to me. The road to Samana is great, the toll highway to Boca Chica is great, the autopista to Santo Domingo is also great. I really don't see where the roads are all that bad. Some of the mountain roads are bad...but Jarabacoa....great! The most dangerous are mostly right in the downtowns where the manhole covers are missing!!!!
The really cool places are not on the main road. We go all over where the roads are sub-optimal for a big, low heavy cruiser with limited suspension travel.

Any bike is fine on a smooth, straight road with limited access. Granted, many roads here are improving.

A rule of thumb: buy the best bike (or boat, or car, or truck, or tool) for the worst conditions, then you have most contingencies covered.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
Also i just like really like bugging Harley riders, it's kinda fun.... :eek:

Look the reason i want one is simple. Im 49 and my testosterone is decreasing ....and for the remainder of my miserable god forsakken life i want to feel something powerful between my legs....... AGAIN

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I knew 2 different people in Michigan City Indiana who bought Urals. Both had had enuff within 90 days, and neither could sell for 20% of what they had paid for the machine.
Der Fish
The old ones were horrible, no doubt.

The new ones have boxer motors, EFI and shaft drive.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
[video=youtube;eHNRgg3mQqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNRgg3mQqA[/video]