Insects

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Not to Make Any Arachnaphobes Nervous But ...

... HB ... Actually I don't recall spiders in Santiago either while I lived there. But we have plenty here in Xanadu. Great big hairy legged things some the size of your fist just sitting on doors, or in the bathroom, etc. Never bothered anybody. If I get really tired of them I just go spray 'em with the Baygone. And not just here, but every place I have ever stayed in Sosua. Guess I just live in the low class houses. :: smile ::

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
draino in septic

But if you use Draino for the centipedes, is not that bad for the septic tank function?

I rather liked the little 8" "T" I met, it seemed friendly and non-aggresive.
And there are so many other nice things to eat, especially fried with butter and garlic.
-k:confused:

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
:confused: Oops, sorry! I have just checked out the media gallery - you aren't showing your legs though hee hee hee

Last edited:

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
more sick bug joke

Let's start a rumor that candied mosquitos are good for vampires...

Can't be worse than chocolate covered ants.

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Kay:

Were you thinking of using sweetened condensed milk or a caramel sugar base? You would also need to sprinkle them with a little flour before you dip them into the candy coating. White chocolate thinned with a little creama might make storage a little easier.

Wait a minute, are we talking about attracting or repelling vampires? That will have a decided impact on the recipe you use......

Dianne

patbro

Jun 29, 2003
All this because I wanted to know what dread diseases I am going to get when bugs bite me? WOW.
While we are on the subject, anyone know of a good spa around Cabarete? Preferably a non-buggy one.
Thanks.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
patbro said:
All this because I wanted to know what dread diseases I am going to get when bugs bite me? WOW.
While we are on the subject, anyone know of a good spa around Cabarete? Preferably a non-buggy one.
Thanks.

Sure. There's:

La Cuckaracha Day Spa across from Western Union

Las Escorpiones Mineral Spa & Taco Bar near BanInter

Aranya's Casa des Las Hormigas Rojas next to the Tiger Mart

and an American place just opened up

Fix What's Buggin' You! on the road to Janet's Supermercado.

Tom (aka XR)

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
eating sticky bugs

Patbro - I was only in DR one week, so i don't count.

Dianne - I never even considered anything except Dominican produced dark choc or cane surup...
You make cooking them sound so good, maybe both kinds of cooked bugs would be good. Vampire repellant ones with garlic, and vampirfe attractant mosquitos that have already eaten.

Oh, how i regret the many things I did not make time to eat in the DR, -k

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
lizard is delicate

gently toasted or just a hint of fresh coconut milk, so as not to overwhelm the tiny nuances of baby geco.
-k

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
How about Shiskaliz? Be sure and soak the wooden skewers in water for half an hour before use.

A light pineapple, soy sauce and seseme oil marinade should bring out the flavor nicely. Be sure to thread them on lengthwise or they'll fall through the grill.

Dainne