Insects

Kay

Jul 8, 2003
now you are making me hungry

I miss all the good DR food already. I even liked the airport food.
Cold fried Plantains tasted like cold french fries. But i can't beleive you have me salivating over this thread. -k

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Re: Sauces

Hlywud said:
Does anyone know how I should marinate and what sauces to use on those tiny little lizzards (gecko's) for the Bar B Q

try this . there were also some other recipes on the site that sounded just wonderful.

mob :classic:

*Esther*

Aug 27, 2003
You will find a lot of mosquitoes all the year. Use "OFF" and that's all. If anyone bites you, ask for a bit of rum in a bar and put it in the bite. You'll feel better soon. I have to do it almost every week!!!!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Hmmmmmm ....

*Esther* said:
If anyone bites you, ask for a bit of rum in a bar and put it in the bite. You'll feel better soon.
Usually I have to buy someone else the rum to get them to bite me. Or at least to get them to nibble a little.

:p

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Conveniently taking stuff out of context should only be permitted in that other forum; some places should be xr-proof.

-Joseito
Mr. High I.Q.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
A mind, High I.Q. or no, is a terrible thing to waste.

jose?to said:
You are right, cc, that xr dude must be drunk.
And perhaps, Mr. High IQ you should be required to understand English before you post in that language or else be required to stick to Spanish. But then again I've seen your posts in Spanish and your comprehension isn't any better.

FYI: "Out-of-Context" colloquially refers to quoting just a few words of a person's communication while ignoring the rest to artificially create an idea different from the setting in which speech or writing takes place. Note that the above quote does not meet that criteria. Rather, it relies on a typo by the author to create a humourous reply and would function equally as well if all of the post were included. Instead of saying that if any mosquito bites you she typed "if anyone bites you". Little Joe, get a clue. And if you can't get one, borrow some more money from your welfare center or girlfriend and buy one.

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
XR, you are correct once again. See, I never claimed to be an 'A' student; don't know what the slide rule is for; and I even forgot the French I took. But I do know this: each and every time I make a Presidente beer bet with some fellow posters, I win. They call me the breeze; so cool, that I don't feel the wind, for the wind feels me.

And that stuff about my Spanish, well, eso no te lo crees ni tu mismo. Other than that, you're a good sport. A bit pompous, but what the heck, you're Whitey Ford in the D.R.!

I almost forgot to tell you the deal about the beer bets. I'll keep you in suspense, pero no cojas la cuerda mas r?pido que un reloj carabelita.

-Joseito
A cunning linguist for the new millenium, and XR's Spanish AND English language--and poetry-- instructor. And the n?mero uno wine expert of the Lone Star State y la provincia La Altagracia

Flor del alba es su nombre, due?a de mi coraz?n

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sorry, All in Fun, I couldn't Resist This ...

jose?to said:
Since I was a premature baby, does that mean I was born "ahead of my time"? Sorta like Einstein, Cleef, Jesus, Clinton, A-Rod, J.J. and the like?
No, but the initial lack of oxygen does finally explain most of your posts.

We feel for you 'bro.

Tom (aka XR)

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
XR, are you an overachiever? I bet you are.

-Joseito
Proudly underachieving, and fully engaged in the denazification of the D.R., from Higuey hasta Dajab?n, and all points in between.

Last edited:

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Excuse me?

jose?to said:

-Joseito
Proudly underachieving, and fully engaged in the denazification of the D.R., from Higuey hasta Dajab?n, and all points in between.

What is this about? Denazification........ What do (or did) the nazis have to do with insects, unless you count pulling the wings off bugs as children.

Dianne

Last edited:

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Dianne,

XR knows what I mean. And if YOU don't, then it proves once again that some ladies are easily intimidated by the latest DR1 BAD BOY. It's either that, or you can't read.

I'll simplify it for you:

"Esther" wrote about mosquito bites.

Your bad boy XR made stupid fun of it.

I pointed it out.

Bad boy XR can't take it.

Bad boy XR can't resist the urge to answer (he's very predictable).
(sorry about this last sentence, Dianne, I know it was a bit long)

I called him a nazi--it's a proven method of defense (but he didn't know it until YOU came to his rescue) (Woops! Sorry, I'm long-winded, you know)

YOU didn't like it (the nazi part--remember?)

Live with it. Too late. Yes, I can edit it, but BAD BOY xr, having nothing better to do, already moved it to his permanent DR1 files (Damn it, Jose, you said you were going to keep it simple).

I'm replying back to you, Dianne.

Your choice: the nazi or the good guys (at this moment, BAD BOY xr pulls his dictionary to correct me on the pluralization of the word nazi--did I say he was very predictable?--and then he's offended at the fact that I didn't say Nazi but nazi. He's just going to have to live with it).

-Joseito
Mr. Good Guy of DR1

Last edited:

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
xr, what is a leauge? You must be 'merikkkan, for your ingl?s is terrible.

And Jazzcom is NOT a moron, a sycophantic nincompoop...YES, but a major league moron...NO.

Joseito
Fuera Nazi de Quisqueya