Interesting times/country we live in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Just observing

Yes, the law does exist, but it's just not so effective.

Am I surprised?? :cheeky:

Just look at traffic, water supply, electricity.... :tired:

However, whereas those are just inconveniences, functioning order (based on the laws) is indispensable for a civilised society.
The discrepancy between the written law and reality can hardly be greater than in this country and results in one of the most dangerous threats to the living conditions.

No, I am not complaining or whining, just observing. ;)
I am fine. :cool:

donP

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I agree that the DR (unfortunately) does not have effective functioning (laws) and where it should be enforced, it's not.

That's why the people have had to (sometimes) take the law into their own hands.

Hopefully change will come soon.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The guy was a "Haitiano", the mob probably didn't even know he had killed the baby, they just wanted to kill a few Haitians and he got picked!
"Wrong Place/Wrong Time"!

The USA has a LOT of things, but "Vigilantes" is not anything I have heard of, since the "Wild,Wild,West" days, but maybe that's how you think things still "ROLL"????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Nice try, Criss, the Haitiano lived in the neighborhood with his girlfriend(haitiana) and child.

This incident is just another propaganda trying to turn this into a racist, discrimination against
Haitian thing again. If that was the case, the Dominican neighbors would not have tried to
save the baby or his girlfriend. They would have allowed him to kill them instead.

This man just happened to be Haitian but this does/has happen/ed to Dominicans also.

I'm shocked you haven't heard of Bernhard Goetz(the subway vigilante)

http://mxgm.org/report-on-the-extrajudicial-killings-of-120-black-people/

There are many more just google

Last edited:

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
The only reason they try so hard to excuse this guy is because he was a Haitian. If he had been Dominican, the same people would just say that he got what he deserved.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The only reason they try so hard to excuse this guy is because he was a Haitian. If he had been Dominican, the same people would just say that he got what he deserved.

We say the same thing here in the states, but its different groups of people. Its tough being in the majority at times. Grin and bear it and don't play into it because you will be called a racist next.

drescape24

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Man some of you guys really need to get to Hawaii and enjoy nice luau.

You guys will debate about anything and everything regarding the DR.

One day I am going to move to Maui and never hear the words Dominicans and Haitians again.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
man some of you guys really need to get to hawaii and enjoy nice luau.

You guys will debate about anything and everything regarding the dr.

One day i am going to move to maui and never hear the words dominicans and haitians again.

lmao!!

I'm about to make myself a mojito! So easy and so delicious!:lick:

Sep 4, 2012
never lived, never been. i don't think i need to go somewhere to form an opinion about the place. sahara is hot, greenland is cold.

Probably have never experienced either but yet know the facts, dazzled is the word.

don't forget to dislike this post, i know you have a thing for me.

Nah, got better things to do with my life other than ever take anything from you seriously. Point was proven. Is all in jest!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Man some of you guys really need to get to Hawaii and enjoy nice luau.

You guys will debate about anything and everything regarding the DR.

One day I am going to move to Maui and never hear the words Dominicans and Haitians again.
MOVE, already. maybe you'll get some "likes" in Hawaii 1

Status
Not open for further replies.