lazy assholes

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Some of the roof panels seem to be made of something that I have been told is better than "cinc" because it does not rust, ever and that you can no longer buy anywhere. I suspect it might be asbestos, which was all the rage in Guatemala in the 1970's.

Be extremely careful that they do not get damaged and do not cut them, asbestos causes cancer.
If you remove the panels, etc. could be a health risk.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I tried resizing it several times, always with the same result.
I do not seem to have the ability to tell a picture of more than 100 kb than one of a larger size. I can easily tell a regular or a grande from a Jumbo, but photos are more esoteric.

right click on the icon with the picture and choose "properties". it will give you the size.

XO, if the picture is large, follow my instructions for TinyPic to resize it.

"Resize" it to "Message Board (640-480)".

ao9f5z.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
THEN post it by choosing the HIGHLIGHTED link shown in the following image from your TinyPic upload.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

6ekryh.jpg

Aug 6, 2006
Finally! I had previously downloaded the files from my photo gallery and did not recognize that they were huge, I had to RE download the photo and pit it in tinypic.com as a smaller photo and then paste it directly into the post, rather than using the link icon.

The point here is that paint seems to make all the difference in the world to the appearance of the house.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
finally. and you know, if you see a friggin huge picture the least you can do is edit post and delete it. you have already ruined a nice going thread but there are limits.

Aug 6, 2006
The problem is that I do not seem to be able to delete the damned things. Sorry. It does not allow me to edit them after some time limit has passed, and that is not my fault. You have no idea how many I did delete.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Some countries cry out for a dictator once again, look at all the newly free countries in the middle east. How different is the Dominican Republic. At least under dictatorship there are less people stealing.

SOYPOBRE.jpg

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
In India Tendulka,the greatest batsman the world has seen since Bradman ,was elected to parliament over a year ago and has yet to attend one session...The best way is just to pay the politicians when they attend

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I know you are right DV8... but i can't work out why they don't just take the chickens/salami and then say 'up yours' and vote for someone who 'might' do some good :confused:
The parties usually "buy" the c?dulas from people who might vote for the opposing party. They get their cedulas retained so that the can't go and vote.

On the other side, there's the ones who are "quemao" with a specific party. There's a huge pic of the candidate on display out of their homes, they have the party flag or a rag with the party colors. They are spotted at the rallies, their cars are covered with stickers, they campaign hard. The more they campaign, the more they get and the better possibilities of getting stuff in the future. If they vote for another party, they will get absolutely nothing, there will be no job opportunies for them, no salami, nothing on the horizon. Theirs is the party that might do something good......for them!

What is also highly appreciated is to get a well known member from the competition to switch to your party, and publicly parade for you, but this doesn't come cheap. Switching is not done out of a concern for who's better for the country.

There is also the belief that all parties are bad, that once on top they'll all do the same, so you might just vote for the one who has given you some gain.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The problem is that I do not seem to be able to delete the damned things. Sorry. It does not allow me to edit them after some time limit has passed, and that is not my fault. You have no idea how many I did delete.

Not your fault? You had a full 5 minutes to delete as soon as they were posted. All of them are off topic in this thread. I've deleted all the giant photos.

finally. and you know, if you see a friggin huge picture the least you can do is edit post and delete it. you have already ruined a nice going thread but there are limits.

AMEN!

Dan Spinnover

Nov 1, 2010
not all are that lazy - a story that's a nice change of pace

For years there are people lining up at a neighbor's house every morning at his house. My wife and I thought that he was maybe a foreman for a construction company or something. There might be 10 people there on average.

We found out about two years after moving to the D.R. that he is a Senator. He gives the people little things like mattresses, some clothes, etc... This he does every morning before he goes to work.

And I never seen him drinking in the colmado or being inebriated. He lives a quiet life and of course he is respected in the neighborhood.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
For years there are people lining up at a neighbor's house every morning at his house. My wife and I thought that he was maybe a foreman for a construction company or something. There might be 10 people there on average.....

He gives the people little things like mattresses, some clothes, etc...

"He deserves a medal"

2ptxjia.jpg

Wow, you must live in a very small, remote neighborhood.

Ten people there on average, if this true, and it's here in the D.R., that's extremely amazing that that is all the people that line up there. When it comes to things being given to the people, there is usually quite a large crowd. Such a small group, maybe they are his relatives or his top political supporters?

And on top of that, the Senator goes to "work" every morning.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
"He deserves a medal"

2ptxjia.jpg

Wow, you must live in a very small, remote neighborhood.

Ten people there on average, if this true, and it's here in the D.R., that's extremely amazing that that is all the people that line up there. When it comes to things being given to the people, there is usually quite a large crowd. Such a small group, maybe they are his relatives or his top political supporters?

And on top of that, the Senator goes to "work" every morning.

It's common for senators to constantly have people showing up at their door wanting to see them and asking for stuff like mattresses, boxes of food, a job, or help to buy a prescription.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
It's common for senators to constantly have people showing up at their door wanting to see them and asking for stuff like mattresses, boxes of food, a job, or help to buy a prescription.

I like the part of the story that it took about "TWO YEARS" to know who his neighbor was.
"Head buried in the sand" quote comes to mind, also "Know thy neighbor". :cool:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Who was the one not drinking in the colmado or being inebriated?

what i am hinting at is that foreigners are far more likely to go through two years without knowing who lives beside them. it is the part of a culture like NYC, where people live for many years in an apartment building, and have no idea about the guy who lives in the nextdoor apartment.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
what i am hinting at is that foreigners are far more likely to go through two years without knowing who lives beside them. it is the part of a culture like NYC, where people live for many years in an apartment building, and have no idea about the guy who lives in the nextdoor apartment.

Or like me, u can stop and have a chat with the guy down the road every odd morning ( while taking the dogs out ), and not know for over a year that he is the local syndico..........

Maybe some people go " hi, what do u do in life ?? Where do u get the $$ for the jeepeta ?? Do u have kids ?? A daughter ? Does ure wife work ?? Do u have a maid ?........"
Nobody knows what I do for a living. It is not PC to say that I am a contract killer.......