Legally of age

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cdn_Gringo

A 30 year old with a sixty year old would turn heads as a rarity but is not socially taboo. Some might ascribe a significant financial motivation to such a coupling, but to each their own as they are consenting adults and may do as they choose.

An eighteen year old with a sixty year old would definitely be the subject of chide comments and a disapproving shake of the head but again, the majority has been brought up to believe that 18 = adulthood and at that age you become responsible for your own decisions.

A 16 year old with anyone much older than 19 or 20, would be considered abnormal and perhaps predatory by the majority. Children younger than 16 shouldn't be permitted by their parents to be in any sort of serious emotional/physical relationship. It happens for all sorts of reasons, and it is usually the parent's fault for not protecting their kids and enforcing strict behavioral boundaries having developed and exerting control of their children over many years.

Talks about puberty and desire need to occur before puberty sets in and throughout. Talks about relationships and sex need to begin at a basic level before the youngster develops an interest in the opposite sex and continue in more complexity until adulthood. It's too late when the young person is already engaging in sex or a misguided emotional relationship has been allowed to take root and overwhelm their emotionally immature brain.

Adults are supposed to avoid situations and behaviors that could lead to an inappropriate emotional attachment by young and impressionable members of the opposite sex. Charity is fine, help the young person's family if you wish. Those (primarily men) that take in a youngster and provide for them are just fostering dependency and are either predators who know what they are doing or are really out of touch with any semblance of child rearing skills and shouldn't be responsible for raising children. Teaching morality and the ability to make good decisions is something that parents do from age 2 to age 18 all day everyday. You can't alter a child's behavior just by saying "no" all of a sudden without the foundation of care and love and reason passed along over the entire child's development.

Too many these days do not have the skills to be proper parents and end up turning loose on society their unprepared and under developed offspring who have not learned self-control and good decision making skills. There are more involved in the equation than just me, myself and I.

W

william webster

I can see how a young woman with no means of support and also not interested in the tigre running about on a Chinese moto would find an older man, with a car and a safe place to stay, an attractive alternative. Not necessarily physically attractive but attractive in that he can dine out, buy a beer in a club or go on a trip to Turks and Cacos or elsewhere a secure lifestyle.
Maybe he pays for her cell and lets her stay n his place - maybe there is no sex involved.

I frequently see a woman in her late 30s with a man in his late 80s dining at one of my favorite restaurants. When the bill comes she pays it because he can not see the bill. It's his money, I assume, and his car which she drives. And she seems to really care about or love him. Maybe they have been together for 20 years when he was 60 and she 18, I do not know.
But there is something that is genuine between them and I do not find that evil. And it is obvious it is probably not (or no longer) a sexual relationship.

Love comes in many denominations - you most likely won't find it with a street hustler, who has learned to defraud men - but other women are out there who seem to want something real. Of course finding and deciding which ones are decent and serious is an altogether different thing, because they are not the majority.

some seem to not have read my 'New Dominicana' thread

these girls are making conscious decisions to distance themsleves fron a culture they have tired of

our local professor misses the mark here
textbook & actual practice go out the window....as we learned in business school
practical trumps theory all day long

many people (m&f) are capable of making life decisions at a young age..

C

chico bill

these girls are making conscious decisions to distance themsleves fron a culture they have tired of

textbook & actual practice go out the window....as we learned in business school

Many people make life altering decisions at 17 or 18. Not always good but it's the age of adulthood

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

W

william webster

I can think of MANY famous people who charted their course at an early age

Is age equivalent to wisdom ??

Some NEVER learn.... seem to get dumber w/ the years

The old refrain-
Pick yourself up - Dust yourself off - and start over again.
Thank Frank Sinatra

E

El Rey de Mangu

It's kind of tough to cleanse 30 years of a dictatorship from the bloodstream.

W

william webster

Wait -- the 18 yr olds weren't here for that...

The culture itself seems to favor older/younger liaisons....

N

NALs

Yes, but when the husband (and it is always the guy) looks like he can be your grandfather, something is wrong in the mind of the younger one. You look around and see younger looking men everywhere and begin to wonder, more so when the younger is able to get most men if she really wanted to.

E

El Rey de Mangu

I think what I was trying to say was that thinking and those behaviors is/are ingrained in the DNA. It takes more than a few generations to change this. I'm surprised that was your reply.

W

william webster

like Eisenhower or Reagan affected today's youth in the USA?

no - don't think so

W

william webster

Yes, but when the husband (and it is always the guy) looks like he can be your grandfather, something is wrong in the mind of the younger one. You look around and see younger looking men everywhere and begin to wonder, more so when the younger is able to get most men if she really wanted to.

And older women w/ young Domincanos !!!

What there ??

E

El Rey de Mangu

like Eisenhower or Reagan affected today's youth in the USA?

no - don't think so

Now you're falling off even further. You cannot, no way even close, compare the traumatic effects on a society of a murderous dictator to Eisenhower and Reagan. When you say "today's Dominican youth", their parents, I assume my generation, still bear the cultural scars/influence from their parents' generation. This isn't an overnight deal. You're overgeneralizing and doesn't seem like there is data to back this up. Seems like something you have observed.

W

william webster

I may very well be ignorant of what you're talking about...

I just find that politics doesn't involve DNA
Perhaps I am too literal with what you said

actually, Trujillo sent his son to summer camp in Canada... about 1957/8
I was there.... the boy is a couple of years younger than I am
Algonquin Park... Camp Ahmek (beaver in Indian)

D

Derfish

I may very well be ignorant of what you're talking about...

I just find that politics doesn't involve DNA
Perhaps I am too literal with what you said

actually, Trujillo sent his son to summer camp in Canada... about 1957/8
I was there.... the boy is a couple of years younger than I am
Algonquin Park... Camp Ahmek (beaver in Indian)

Or at least the response is totally ignorant of the thread it has been posted in. Beaver in Indian what? Is there an Indian Language that you have discovered? It is on the same level as European, right?
Derfish
Derfish

K

kcdmps

I put this in the legal forum with the hopes that some legal person would give it a whirl as to her legality, but I guess not. My own lady is younger than my daughter, but still over 50! And with my limited Spanish and her lack of English we spend a lot of time not talking. Her TV and my books.
Derfish

There is a free app called Google Translator that allows you to hold conversations between two languages like Spanish and English in real time. You can download it on to your smart phone. It may help you to communicate better with your wife.

W

william webster

Algonquin Park
Home of the Algonquin Indians... a North American group of people.. indigenous

F

Fulano2

There is a free app called Google Translator that allows you to hold conversations between two languages like Spanish and English in real time. You can download it on to your smart phone. It may help you to communicate better with your wife.
Is there a sign-language app available ?

Status
Not open for further replies.