living in HOG HEAVEN..or porko pandering...

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Piggys

suarezn said:
I say just give her the money. 8000 pesos is nothing...Even if half of them die you'd still make up your money and profits. This is actually a very profitable business, for those willing to do that kind of work. Another way to approach it is to say to her that you're going to "lend" her the money. In other words, say that you borrowed the money and you have to pay it back thus you expect the money returned when the pigs are sold (even if in the end you're actually just going to give it to her...I mean the money...LOL)

This is a great advice!!1!

Sep 19, 2005
perlanegra said:
Oh my God, Bob!!! You are hilarius!!!!!Little piggy pays goes to the market, little piggy pays for the investment, how about if little piggy dies.

Sorry but I couldn't help it!!! This is too much fun for me!!

hey if you read my posts thats one of the things i told my GF....its all well and good till one little piggy or 2 dies!...what if they all get some swine flu.. and all croak.. then i got to spend 10K pesos at the shopping mall buying clothes, to make her feel better!!!!!

oh when you can laugh at yourself, you dont have it too bad

ha ha ha

bob

Sep 19, 2005
AZB said:
all this pig talk makes me sick. I am outta here.
AZB

OK AZB wants to start a thread about BEAFCAKES at the gym

who has something to say about them, to chear azb up???????

bob

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hey we all know AZB only likes Pigs from Santiago and only those that have fair skin, long hair, and drive their own late model jeepetas...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
This is a good opportunity to find out something about your girl and about her family in regard to you. First you want to know the going rate for a piglet and you want to know it from another source. Is the uncles price inline with the price you are being quoted? Second, you want to negotiate a little just to show you are not a push over. It is 8K and that is nothing to us and if your girl is on the up and up...I have to admire her determination to find some way to help you and her out. Once price is agreed on...give the money to her. See the process through. See if they live up to their end...or do they find reasons and problems that you come up short. Sounds like you have a very nice lady there. I would protect that also but really you should consider not being so afraid about the workforce. It she carries herself properly...they will keep hands off and if they know she is with a foreigner they will ditto that. It is interesting and I am waiting to hear more. Carry On.

Fireguy1

Jan 16, 2006
I love it, the pig saga. How will it end? Will the Uncle deliver and will he only sell the pigs with bad attitudes? The pig market could be flooded with swines with problems. Actually that may be a marketing ploy. "The Bacon that bites"

Keep us posted...............

Fireguy1

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
The next thread will be a Q and A on how to install a Heated Jacuzzi in the Pig's barn.

LOL

The construction crew is in the design stage as we speak!

May 12, 2005
Bob, don't leave us hanging. do you have an update on your pig venture? This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I've read. Although the showerhead saga has been a good read.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
laurapasinifan said:
In the ongoing saga of my GF and NOW me becoming pig farmers, we have a new chapter about to open. My gf not having a job and me really not wanting her to get one with the nature of bosses in the workplace towards women, especially attractive women, my gf came up with a brainstorm of an idea. ( her view not mine) She was going to buy a baby pig from her uncle and raise it to breed and then sell the babies like he does now.

There is beauty and fallacy in her thoughts?.the fallacy , is she doesn?t know how to raise a pig..and she doesn?t realize the pig may up and die after you feed it a year , but before it is bred!? then all your investment is LOST

The beauty is that her uncle next door has all the facilities to raise the pigs already? and he will feed them and clean their pens when he maintaines his own pigs!!!?so it is basically maintenance free !! ha ha ha.

Ok new chapter?now her pig is a few months old and is growing fast, but the uncle had another pig give birth.. and now there are 8 more baby pigs. I was going to buy another female to raise like hers?..but now she has this idea to buy ALL the new baby pigs and then sell them to market in 3.5 months.

She says her uncle says that at market 8 pigs would bring about 50K pesos?.so it would cost 8K pesos to buy 8 baby pigs? then she says about 10K pesos to feed them all for 3.5 months?.so we would make the difference!!

Wala????.but we all know how dumb BOB is?.we have seen it for months now? and dumb ol BOB had a dumb question.. ha ha ha

I asked?if the uncle can do that, and he already has all the facilities to do that?WHY then doesn?t he just keep doing that HIMSELF? and make all the profit HIMSELF

Ok now tell me I aint smart!! Ha ha??.Ill give you the answer in the next post?.

What do you think??? Hey they did it on Green Acres!!!!!!!!! And my GF doesn?t even dress as nice as Zsa Zsa Gabor!!!!!!! Ha ha ha

ps in the next posts the thread get MORE DR1 realted!!! ha ha ha

BOB

Hey Bob :)

I think it is a good idea. Go for it!!! :bunny:

And when the pig is nice and fat and ready, let me know. I will buy one from you and your girlfriend.

I will then make all of us delicious Korean-style Pork Cutlet and Korean-style Pork and Tofu Soup!!! Yummy yummy~~~ :chinese: :bunny:

noueck.jpg

nouef9.gif

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..NEVER!

My brother-in-law wanted me to go in with his "Pig Farm" in Moca.And he has years of experience buying pigs and selling them in Santo Domingo.

I said,"NO!",as I would to ANY business deal with ANY Dominican,especially "Family"!

There is no money to be maid in the "Pig Farm" business! I have gone with my brother-in-law to buy pigs from small farmers.They raise 10 to 20 pigs behind their house.When it comes time to sell,they usually just break even,or lose! If the price is low,they lose.They have to sell, because it costs a lot for feed!

Ask ANY Dominican if ANY business is a GOOD way to make lots of money,they will say ,"YES"!!!
Because they don't have a clue what it takes to be in business!
They all dream of having a "Colmadon" where they sit behind the cash register and rake in the money! Ever see a Cplmado owner with a car???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Criss Colon said:
Because they don't have a clue what it takes to be in business!
They all dream of having a "Colmadon" where they sit behind the cash register and rake in the money! Ever see a Cplmado owner with a car???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
So true CC. In colmado business, they barely break even. I have had a few colmado owners come to my office, even with a huge discount in my fees, they still can't afford to come to me.
I see so many poor domincians open up a small businesses then employ more people than clients. If its a small food place, then they employ a cook a girl to clean the place, a girl to serve the owner on the cash register. With 3 employees and electric bill plus rent and food costs, they go under in 3 months.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
BREAK EVEN

Halleluia praise the lord

SIGN me up for breaking even!!!!!!!!!!

thats better than her working in santiago

and its HER idea

Its a win -win for me

CC, your related to a pig farmer in Moca???

could it be we may be related one day?????? ha ha ha ha

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Truffles Oink Oink !

Why not train a few of the piglets to hunt for Truffles? A trained Truffle hunting pig can fetch well over a thousand bucks US at auction! You may have to export the fancy pigs to France.

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
AZB said:
So true CC. In colmado business, they barely break even. I have had a few colmado owners come to my office, even with a huge discount in my fees, they still can't afford to come to me.
I see so many poor domincians open up a small businesses then employ more people than clients. If its a small food place, then they employ a cook a girl to clean the place, a girl to serve the owner on the cash register. With 3 employees and electric bill plus rent and food costs, they go under in 3 months.
AZB

alot of colmados don't brk even b/c they hire more people then what they need or don't sell a lot... like you said..... and worst part is that most colmados "fiar" to clients... and clients eventually don't payback what they owe... that's how some colmados also go down quickly.

i got into a colmado business about 5 months ago.. getting ~17-20% return...
sells alot. To do good in colmado you have to sell a lot as the profit margin on each item is minimal. And many of them don't sell a lot and employ 2 people.. no good.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Isn't 8K less than you spend on a plane ticket to see your GF?

I think it's worth losing 8K pesos to:

--try and learn something new

--find out now which of her family members will screw you

--give your girlfriend a little excitement about being in some kind of business and some responsibility (not to mention keep her busy). Then if it fails, she can learn from it.

--have an excuse to put the Jacuzzi in pigbarn. At least after pigs are all dead and 8K is gone, you will still have jacuzzi:cheeky:

Someone did suggest "loaning" her the money for this. I like that. Loan it and let her run things ( under your supervision) with you getting a percentage of the profits (assuming there are any). Then if it fails and the 8K is gone, see how quick her family is to own up to their debt to you.

Dont pretend like the 8K is not important to you.

Anyway, Bob, give us a buzz next time you guys can come visit SD.

Larry

Last edited:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
laurapasinifan said:
can anyone verify the price of a 3.5 month old pig for eating would be????

thanks.... ok let me have it!!

bob

a friend of mine bought pig to eat in Dec '05 for RD$ 2,700 pesos.
(and it was no small or medium pig)

i have girlfriend in dr and she says no way a pig would cost RD$ 5-6k in dr.
The most you can pay for pig is RD$3,000 pesos.

so 8 pigs x 3,000 = 24,000 pesos - 10,000 feeding cost = 14,000 profit.

newborn pigs would not cost 1,000 pesos if bought from family member.

Sep 19, 2005
Larry said:
I think it's worth losing 8K pesos to:

--try and learn something new

--find out now which of her family members will screw you

--give your girlfriend a little excitement about being in some kind of business and some responsibility (not to mention keep her busy). Then if it fails, she can learn from it.
--have an excuse to put the Jacuzzi in pigbarn. At least after pigs are all dead and 8K is gone, you will still have jacuzzi:cheeky:
Someone did suggest "loaning" her the money for this. I like that. Loan it and let her run things ( under your supervision) with you getting a percentage of the profits (assuming there are any). Then if it fails and the 8K is gone, see how quick her family is to own up to their debt to you.
Dont pretend like the 8K is not important to you.
Anyway, Bob, give us a buzz next time you guys can come visit SD.
Larry

hello larry

1) I like the idea of dabbling here and still have an open road to get out

2) What an awful position to be in to TRY and FIND OUT if her family will screw me....if i even thought that I wouldnt go forward...

3) this is a big plus, to get her to do something, and "to her" help fund things...ha ha ha

4) maybe this is the ultimate goal by these coniveing Mocan's...hmmm. to get me hooked up and lead to the point I put a jacuzzi in the "pig barn" when after it all fails.. they convert to a new room on their house and they are now"livin large" thanks to the dumb grong...hahahahaha

larry Ill be down the 16 th through the 20th....but i really dont see a trip to SD in that time frame...sorry buddy....I have some things to do in santiago and possible with sunshine a trip to puerto plata.

oh, I am WAY beyond the point of worrying about my gf motives..believe me

bob

Sep 19, 2005
THE GAME said:
a friend of mine bought pig to eat in Dec '05 for RD$ 2,700 pesos.
(and it was no small or medium pig)
i have girlfriend in dr and she says no way a pig would cost RD$ 5-6k in dr.
The most you can pay for pig is RD$3,000 pesos
so 8 pigs x 3,000 = 24,000 pesos - 10,000 feeding cost = 14,000 profit.
newborn pigs would not cost 1,000 pesos if bought from family member.

thanks this is the kind of info I was looking for...its not that i will be getting ripped off at ALL...it that some people who get all excited about something, can over speculate , and have visions of grand expectations...

and I wouldnt expect a "family" discount while I pay...because quite franky , I doubt the guy is in the financial postion to cut any one any slack...he lives pretty poorly.....I have other friends who are doing well. and if I bought something from one of their stores....I could excpect to get it free or at cost....but i dont need much beauty supply stuff( their buisness!)!!!!!!!!!( or maybe I need a whole bunch, depends on how you look at it ha ha)

besides you have to add in the cost of the pigs as well as the feed=18,000 pesos....possible profit at the new "adjusted market rate" prices .. ha ha ha=$6,000 peso.... thats if none die!!!!!!

bob