living in HOG HEAVEN..or porko pandering...

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
Bro can we see a pic of the girl? is she really that hot that you don't even want her to get a regular job so that she isn't around guys? More likely she has a dominican boyfriend when you aren't around so what's the big deal?:paranoid:

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
El_cubano said:
Bro can we see a pic of the girl? is she really that hot that you don't even want her to get a regular job so that she isn't around guys? More likely she has a dominican boyfriend when you aren't around so what's the big deal?:paranoid:

You can find a pic in the DR1 photo gallery !

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
There is always updates, some dont want the pigs to become a soap opera.
Are you kidding? This is DR1, we love a good soap opera. S**kies, pigs, it's all the same.:)

laurapasinifan said:
...we should sell the 7 in another month and a half at about 200 plus lbs, maybe even 250 lbs each....if the prices hold we hope to get 50 pesos per kilo on the hoof.
If I understand you correctly, from one sow you got a litter that if all goes well, you will be able to sell for about RD32,000 (7 x 200 x 50 / 2.2), 4 months after birth.

What do you reckon it costs you in feed, medicine, etc to raise the piglets?

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Frankly Bob I would go ahead an invest the money. It isnt very much, so if the whole thing blows up in your face you will not lose much, plus the lesson learned and the entertainment value for alll of us here listening in is surely worth 200 bucks. But I think you can actually do better than break even on this, and I have a feeling it will turn out ok. My wife suggested we do a similar thing, but we had no place to keep the pigs. We already have chickens.

Go on ahead -- but keep us posted!

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
macocael said:
Frankly Bob I would go ahead an invest the money. It isnt very much, so if the whole thing blows up in your face you will not lose much, plus the lesson learned and the entertainment value for alll of us here listening in is surely worth 200 bucks. But I think you can actually do better than break even on this, and I have a feeling it will turn out ok. My wife suggested we do a similar thing, but we had no place to keep the pigs. We already have chickens.

Go on ahead -- but keep us posted!

Maco, what about investing with Bob on this venture? It'll only be a couple of hundred and you get to give Bob regular updates on his girlfriend as well as the pigs. LOL. :)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Hey Bob,
If you need more investors, count me in:laugh: :laugh:
How many pigs can I get for a $100US??

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Oooppps!

macocael said:
Ha! I have a wife, no can do! Still dont have any pigs,though. Hmmmm -- - - - -

Maco, I know you're married. It's totally not what I meant. What I meant - toungue in cheek - was that you could go by to see your pigs and also give Bob an update on how his GF is doing. The satire was meant to be that you guys would be investors in the pig "venture" not that you would "take care" of his girl. I would never suggest that about Bob's girl. He's a hell of a guy.
Sorry for the confusion.

DRPAWA

Sep 3, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Hey Bob,
If you need more investors, count me in:laugh: :laugh:
How many pigs can I get for a $100US??

Hey, if Ricardo gets in for $100, I want a piece of the action too. How about it Bob, you have 2 others who want to get into the pig business!

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Dont tell me, we are all going to become pig farmers! Well, I eat pork, so . . . .

But have any of you ever spent time around a mess of hogs? (I dont know if that is the proper term for a group of pigs -- like a "pride" of lions -- but it sounds about right!). Man do they smell. You gotta have the pigs well away and downwind from the house.

DRPAWA, I know, I'm just funnin'

Sep 19, 2005
come on guys..you want my little sweet heart to do triple duty as a newbie pig farmer!..hey remember we had a death in the investment already!

I can hear it now...hey mocacael we had a baby pig die ..i think it was one of your:

mocacael comes back..NO WAY it was one of ricardo900's!!!!!!!!

oh yeah we need that...

isnt it enough I have to deal with a GF who went into this just seeing profit potential..and figures her uncle would do all the work...and then we got to deal with a drunk machette weilding uncle!!!!!!!! and now she actually has to get up every morning and go feed them herself.

now we I want to deal with investors! ha ha ha

relosk we had figured about 10K pesos to feed the little of 8 till they went to slaughter...we are on track for that , but we had a pig die and we also had about 500 pesos wroth of medicine and vitamins we had to buy...

I look at it as a way to keep my gf thinking she is contributing to our general fund...with her effort... and even if I lost money...I would be happy that she was happy. when the time comes and we make money...I will be estatic, because it like another way to justify her worth to me. she wants to contribute....

now the 7 piglets are of an age we should be in the clear, health wise.

when we breed GRINGA( dont ya love that name) we stand to start making money off her as well....maybe eventually we will just keep bredding her and forget about raising the piglets....

maybe you guys go strike up a deal with my gf brother...he raises roosters for fighting.....he needs some rich investors who need a tax shelter in a money loosing venture!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

bob

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Macocael,

One night back in September 2003 I attended an event in Moca right next to a pig farm. I remember that smell. It was alright as long as we faced away from the farm.

JD