Living in Sosua

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Please visit our website, Las Ca?as, Dominican Republic . We can make rental arrangements for you with the idea of purchasing in the future. We have several people who pay far in advance and come and go as they please. They can safely leave some personal belongings in their apartment and always have the same apartment every time they come here. You are welcome to PM me (Judy) and I can give you all the details.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Thanks for all the advice. i don't think i will buy out there now, probably a really bad idea! i think i may rent for a few years! Does any one know if it is possible to pay like 2 years rent up front? People have told me you can but considering you all live in the DR you will probably know a whole lot more??

La Mariposa, you have given me negative posts on 3 threads, and to be quite honest i'm an sick and tired of you. Do you have some sort of problem with me, what have i ever done to you? or are you just here to get on people's nerves!!! i am simply asking these people for advice on house buying for crying out loud!!!

You ask for advice but it seems, from others threads, that you don't follow them.

You are sick & tired of me. Well who cares?? Frankly my dear, I don't give a ...

Last edited:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
You certainly can pay that far ahead. but you would have to first be sure you like the place, and there should be some financial advantage, for you to pay that much up front, ie: a discount.

The financial advantage will be for her sanky BF. He is going to live in with his wife and kids while she is away.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Beneficial Z

.... i think i may rent for a few years! Does any one know if it is possible to pay like 2 years rent up front? People have told me you can...

People like Z are a blessing for this country and its hotel workers... :bunny:

Please don't scare her away. :squareeye

Janin

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
excuse me poeple, me renting a property in the dominican republic, has nothing to do with my BF, and i don't see what that also has to do with you whether me BF will be living with me or not. for your information, i have been planning to move to the Dominican since i was 16!!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, let's keep this one to living type stuff. Keep the Sankie stuff over in the area reserved for sankies.

Zara, if you're renting many rentors will not rent to you if they know that you're moving in with a Dominican Boyfriend.

And remember, this site gives you what you put into it. So, to talk sankie on one forum, does not mean the posters are unaware in another forum. If you simply don't follow advice in another forum, why would anyone give you good advice or suggestions on this one?

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
i have been planning to move to the Dominican since i was 16!!!

Is that a long time? Sorry I don't know your current age and I don't read the sankie forum so haven't picked up clues from there. But it clearly isn't quite long enough to get the name of the country right.............please check it.

That apart, since you appear to have spent at least some years preparing would you like to share what you have already learned and then people responding will know how to pitch their advice? Most of us are still learning even after 15 years here. If we know 'where you're at' it will avoid either assumption or condescension. Thank you.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
In England we call the Dominican Republic, Dominican for short, sorry to offend! I'm 21 at present! I'm not at all planning to move into my rented place with my Dominican BF, i want to live on my own to see how i feel about living over there.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
In England we call the Dominican Republic, Dominican for short, sorry to offend!

Err, In England we don't call the Dominican Republic Dominican for short!

Zara, that's like saying "I'm going to Welsh" instead of "I'm going to Wales"!!!

A lot of people here do mix "Dominica" up with "Dominican", which leads to people thinking "Dominican" is a country.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
Sorry to offend anyone for calling the Dominican Republic, Dominican, it just me been lazy for one, and i'm sure all my mates who have been ther call it the Dominican, even my friends husband does who was born and bred there! but i am sorry to offend i will try to remember in future to call it by its full name!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sorry to offend anyone for calling the Dominican Republic, Dominican,

You're not offending us, Zara, you're just making yourself look a little uneducated; that's all. And that could affect the quality of the responses you get to serious questions, or indeed whether you get responses at all. Do as MommC said & call it the DR. And by the way I'm British so I might have a slight inkling as to what 'we' call it................ :laugh:

OK so you have spent 5 years preparing to move here - that's a long time so you should know quite a lot already. Give us a quick run down of what you already know please.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El avion.....

the Dominican since i was 16!!!
Seriously, for someone who so many Resort workers have given so much pleasure, the least you can do is call the country by it's proper name.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
Miguel, i beg your pardon! lol!

Its quite hard to write down what you know about a place. I am at present trying to find books on the taino indian history, someone on here sugested i go onto amazon so i'm going to have a look later! i know Christopher Columbus found the island and called it paradise to start it was alreasy inhabited with the taino Indians also known as (arawark, think i spelt it correct), it was then called Hispaniola, which some people i speak to still call the DR that. erm, i know the capital is Santo Domingo, Haiti is on the west side of the island, hurricane season is between July and November! They had an earthquake in September 2003 (i was there), the language is obviuosly Spanish, population is on average 8 million (i think), the main religion is Catholic but some about 10 - 20% are Anglican or Jewish. National Independance day is the 27th February, not sure what year though that they gained independance!

erm....... i think of some more later, i've had a hard day at work!!! If i am incorrect on anything please tell me! I'd rather know as i do want to move there! I'm probably wrong somewhere along the Columbus part as i'm not 100% sure about all that! cheers

Z

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que?.....

Miguel, i beg your pardon! lol!

Its quite hard to write down what you know about a place. I am at present trying to find books on the taino indian history, someone on here sugested i go onto amazon so i'm going to have a look later! i know Christopher Columbus found the island and called it paradise to start it was alreasy inhabited with the taino Indians also known as (arawark, think i spelt it correct), it was then called Hispaniola, which some people i speak to still call the DR that. erm, i know the capital is Santo Domingo, Haiti is on the west side of the island, hurricane season is between July and November! They had an earthquake in September 2003 (i was there), the language is obviuosly Spanish, population is on average 8 million (i think), the main religion is Catholic but some about 10 - 20% are Anglican or Jewish. National Independance day is the 27th February, not sure what year though that they gained independance!

erm....... i think of some more later, i've had a hard day at work!!! If i am incorrect on anything please tell me! I'd rather know as i do want to move there! I'm probably wrong somewhere along the Columbus part as i'm not 100% sure about all that! cheers

Z
Don't beg my pardon as I know NOTHING about the Dominican Replublic.

I do know that I have a little surprise for you, just NOT on this forum, wahaha!.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
on what forum, please tell me, if its about my BF, then you're a bit late i found cr*p out about him last night and were over!!!

i still want to move to the DR next year, and give it 6 months to a year so anyone with advice, on where to live, expenses i need to think about (apart from rent) please feel free to give!

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
on what forum, please tell me, if its about my BF, then you're a bit late i found cr*p out about him last night and were over!!!

i still want to move to the DR next year, and give it 6 months to a year so anyone with advice, on where to live, expenses i need to think about (apart from rent) please feel free to give!

Okay what did you find out? I know you want to tell us.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
I can't in this forum coz i'll get told off by Chris or AnnaC! coz i'll be off topic!!!

Put it this way i have proof on DVD!!!