M I A !!!! Apostropheman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i have met the guy once on sosua beach when an accident occurred and a dr1er was hurt. Darcy was very helpful throughout the ordeal. Form the first few minutes of conversation, I was assured he was a good man. Now I am also very disturbed to see he is missing. There is some new info available to the family and friends. Please have police trace his tracks and see where it leads to. I suspect foul play but I am not prepared to accept the worst case scenario yet. I hope he is fine and alive.
AZB
One thing for sure, is he didn't just decide to blow town for a couple of days and not advise anyone.
This I know in my heart of hearts
So whether it might be foul play or not, it matters little if he he is no longer around.
If he could help it, he would be here.
So regardless of how this came to be, he is clearly incapable of coming home.
One could speculate about how serious or final the situation might be and we are crossing our fingers and toes, but IMHO, it's not looking good.

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
One thing for sure, is he didn't just decide to blow town for a couple of days and not advise anyone.
This I know in my heart of hearts
So whether it might be foul play or not, it matters little if he he is no longer around.
If he could help it, he would be here.
So regardless of how this came to be, he is clearly incapable of coming home.
One could speculate about how serious or final the situation might be and we are crossing our fingers and toes, but IMHO, it's not looking good.

Is there any news from the Dominican Authorities Marco??

Reactions: mike l

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ok cool!! Sorry Marco, when I heard this from someone who saw him last week.. I thought it may have something to do with this. I am glad it doesn't. Since you have that covered, I won't call ya. If you need anymore information though, PM me here or have Ram PM me over on the other site.

I hope you guys find something out soon though.. he is a GREAT guy!!
There's nothing to be sorry about, quite the contrary.
We are asking for anything and everything, insignificantly small to blockbuster big.
If it somehow gets D'Arcy back to us, it's all good and I and all who are concerned appreciate your concern and help.

T.G.O.Wright

Dec 11, 2009
Apparently some things are waiting until I arrive. His bank account has had no activity. I will have to meet with both the local authorities and the embassy and we can see what is what then.

Again, thanks all.

I only wish he were holed up with someone and having fun but I don't see that as being his style. He'd have not flaked on work.

*fingers crossed.*

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
This is to heart wrenching for me to read. I just cant imagine what the family must be going through. I have been praying for this man all day.Please, lets all hope for a miracle.

T.G.O.Wright

Dec 11, 2009
Todd if tomorrow is a slow posting day we'll bump this thread up throughout the day for you.

Thanks Anna.

I'm in the air much of tomorrow and then in Newark for the night. If you could keep this active I'd greatly appreciate that.

Hope to be at Rocky's Bar late afternoon Sunday to get my bearings and see where we are at with things.

Night all!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Signed in before hitting the sack just to check on this to see if there has been any good news. Nothing yet I see. I am going to bed with a positive attitude. I hope he shows up tomorrow morning or in the afternoon saying sorry folks...my bad I had a little escapade or something. I have never met this man but when stuff like this happens to one of ours it touches all of us. Please come back home!!!!!!!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
This has been a very difficult day. I am beside myself with worry. I keep thinking back to a happy day....D"Arcy's first day moving to the DR. He came down to the beach to see me and we swam in the ocean talking of all the possiblities of his new life. It was a good day...I hope there can many more of these days to come. Good friends are hard to come by....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good morning to all.
This is just a quick note to say that our friends Curt & Sandi have been working relentlesly to find D'Arcy.
They have canvassed the streets with flyers and have managed to trace D'Arcy's tracks in the latter part of Wednesday, although there is nothing yet that can help us find him.
C & S (above) have taken this to heart to a level beyond my imagination, and then there's been people like Lambada and BushBaby who are always offering to help within seconds of the bad news, Anna got the job done to get us in touch with the family, countless people have been in touch with offers and concern and I apologize to those to whom I have appeared a bit short, but I'm overwhelmed and I have pangs all over from the thought of losing D'Arcy.
Those of you who have offered clues need NEVER apologize if the clue doesn't lead to results, NEVER !!!
I, his friends and I'm sure his family are deeply grateful for any and all help.
D'Arcy. as mentioned by some, is a great guy and he is deserving of all the help humanly possible.
I will try to find other pix to post, in case one of them triggers off somebody's memory of having seen him in the past few days.
Will do that ASAP and a million thanks to all.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
yikes this is nerve wreckin...
D'Arcy was last seen Wednesday coming home from the beach. He made it home but left afterwards. Is that a hard fact? Did he leave home for dinner? night out? Did he drive a car? Off course all hospitals in the area have been contacted?
It's almost 72hrs after he was last spotted. Not looking good... I really hope this turns out well.
Good to see that people care

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
yikes this is nerve wreckin...
D'Arcy was last seen Wednesday coming home from the beach. He made it home but left afterwards. Is that a hard fact? Did he leave home for dinner? night out? Did he drive a car? Off course all hospitals in the area have been contacted?
It's almost 72hrs after he was last spotted. Not looking good... I really hope this turns out well.
Good to see that people care
I know for a fact that he spent the early afternoon of Wednesday with me and I know for a fact that he was seen leaving the beach in the later part of the afternoon.
We are reasonably sure that he was spotted that evening in town, but don't know it as FACT.
His car is in for repair, so he was on foot, which would make him more prone to foul play.

I cannot find any pix of D'Arcy in a standing position, but I will keep on searching.
In the meantime, here are a few pix that will give you all a good idea of what he looks like.
Add to that, 5 foot 9 inches, 170 pounds (that's just my guess)

Darcy-3.jpg

Darcy2-1.jpg

Darcy3-1.jpg

Darcy4-1.jpg

Darcy5-1.jpg

Darcy6-1.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I guess you guys must have checked all of the local clinics. Hopefully you guys are asking the local downtown motochoncho and taxi drivers if they have seen him. I understand to many Dominicans a gringo is a gringo but it's worth a shot.

I'd come up from Moca this afternoon if it could be of any help.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I guess you guys must have checked all of the local clinics. Hopefully you guys are asking the local downtown motochoncho and taxi drivers if they have seen him. I understand to many Dominicans a gringo is a gringo but it's worth a shot.

I'd come up from Moca this afternoon if it could be of any help.
C & S have been taking canvassing to a whole new level. They have those bases covered better than a team of devoted detectives could do.
I'm not sure why you think a Gringo is just a Gringo to a Dominican.
There may be some who don't have respect or concern for Gringos, but most DO !
Either way around, as mentioned above, the canvassing of Sosua has and is being done twice as good as I imagined possible.
Thank you just the same for the offer.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'll be in town today. If there is anything I can do or 'be' for anyone, just let me know. The pix wrench my heart and so represent him and his smiling face. When I was in Rocky's yesterday I kept looking up, expecting him to walk in at any moment and alas, it wasn't him each time.

Maybe today....Let's keep Darcy in our prayers and pray for the miracle that he is!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'll be in town today. If there is anything I can do or 'be' for anyone, just let me know. The pix wrench my heart and so represent him and his smiling face. When I was in Rocky's yesterday I kept looking up, expecting him to walk in at any moment and alas, it wasn't him each time.

Maybe today....Let's keep Darcy in our prayers and pray for the miracle that he is!
I'll be here all day, so come by my room when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.