Manny Ramirez turns to God (converts to Religion)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Maybe this will help him find more focus in his family and personal life. I liked the part where he said he does not need to be in Hall of Fame if his family is standing by him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m5KtYanjCbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

May 12, 2005
Hopefully he means it and this just not for publicity or a passing fancy. Too bad he didn't do this early in his career, he still might be playing and actually have teamates that like him. Now about that hair..............

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's funny when people find God. i didnt know he was ever lost......:ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It's pretty apparent from the emotional tone of his voice and his words he is sincere. Go Manny!

The DR needs more family men like him and Pujols to set good examples.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
It's pretty apparent from the emotional tone of his voice and his words he is sincere. Go Manny!

The DR needs more family men like him and Pujols to set good examples.

Get real, Manny Ramirez is a "clueless, idiot, selfish, manchild"....who had a great talent for hitting a baseball. As a Boston guy who knows the scoop, Manny treated everyone like SH-T for years. People around him put up with it because of his great talent for hitting.

Now that the end is near.......(baseball career) with EGO SCREAMING, PLEASE FEED ME!!!.......and he has nothing to do but play X-Box all day and smack his wife around, he's suddenly getting serious and "religious"....

It's called business, his agent sayn.....Manny, make some appearances, sound sincere......(make people believe you've changed), and mabe we can sucker some major league ball club into signing you.....(don't do it Oakland A'S)......

Until he proves me wrong, that's the way I see it.....

But you are right about Pujols, class act all the way........

Jan 22, 2010
If Oakland sign him they will have fans and good merchandising something what that grey club is missing...

Go Manny to Athletics and Oakland will have at least one fan this year....me!!!

T.E.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Get real, Manny Ramirez is a "clueless, idiot, selfish, manchild"....who had a great talent for hitting a baseball. As a Boston guy who knows the scoop, Manny treated everyone like SH-T for years. People around him put up with it because of his great talent for hitting.

Now that the end is near.......(baseball career) with EGO SCREAMING, PLEASE FEED ME!!!.......and he has nothing to do but play X-Box all day and smack his wife around, he's suddenly getting serious and "religious"....

It's called business, his agent sayn.....Manny, make some appearances, sound sincere......(make people believe you've changed), and mabe we can sucker some major league ball club into signing you.....(don't do it Oakland A'S)......

Until he proves me wrong, that's the way I see it.....

But you are right about Pujols, class act all the way........

Dizque supposedly only Christians are judgmental.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dizque supposedly only Christians are judgmental.

Objective realists are judgmental. Manny will certainly have to prove he has changed by his actions and not his words.
Objective realists require proof.

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
baseball, theism, and objective reality. A hat trick if ever I've seen one! Go Giants!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Objective realists are judgmental. Manny will certainly have to prove he has changed by his actions and not his words.
Objective realists require proof.

The only problem is most of the objective realists shouldn't be pointing any fingers.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
So if he has changed, then why does he still refer to himself in the third person......he's washed up, and a cheater, and hasn't changed and no team should take a chance on him.....

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
I hope that the day that we Americans give someone a 'pass' just for publicizing their religion will soon come to an end.

Maybe when we have a Mormon president that believes that we can all become gods when we go to heaven, and that there are multiple universes all with their own Gods, maybe then this news of a baseball player announcing he's turning to "God" will be as relevant as me disclosing my anemic blood issues.

Or in other words:

[video=youtube;Xsj1UWol7l8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsj1UWol7l8[/video]

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Maybe we should have a subforum for the atheists on this board so they can all get together and bad mouth those God believers and then sing their version of kumbaya in celebration.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
This is not about whether you believe in God or not, it is about athletes (Manny) that seem to find God everytime they want forgiveness. He also did the show with another washed up player, Ronnie Belliard. Why publicize it, why not do it in private? Agent stunt? I believe so. This is not the first time Manny has " found " God and I am sure it won't be the last. Actually if you think about it, it is rather insulting to use religion in this way. Why do you think they call it, jailhouse religion.....

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Maybe we should have a subforum for the atheists on this board so they can all get together and bad mouth those God believers and then sing their version of kumbaya in celebration.

Nah, a MENSA sub forum won't be any fun because we'd miss all the "is my Dominican BF who's a resort employee cheating on me" threads. Besides, who amongst us doesn't remember lighting up for religious purposes in college? Halle Sallase Rastafari I bruva.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This is not about whether you believe in God or not, it is about athletes (Manny) that seem to find God everytime they want forgiveness. He also did the show with another washed up player, Ronnie Belliard. Why publicize it, why not do it in private? Agent stunt? I believe so. This is not the first time Manny has " found " God and I am sure it won't be the last. Actually if you think about it, it is rather insulting to use religion in this way. Why do you think they call it, jailhouse religion.....
I agree - it is more offensive if you are a genuine believer.