Manny Ramirez turns to God (converts to Religion)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
That sounds like wishy washy Canadian tolerance - why don't you grow a pair and have an opinion and not be afraid to express it?

Religious beliefs don't 'affect' you because you don't have ovaries, and you don't have some sexless secretly homosexual former Nazi youth officer in the Vatican telling you that you're going to hell for taking birth control, or worst that using condoms in AIDS infected Africa is a bad thing not a good thing.

And yet, when Manny prostrates himself in front of these sexist jackasses, somehow in my country he gets a 'pass'. Oh well he's now found the Lord, he's a good guy now. Utter BS. Maybe Manny should rape some alter boys to get full forgiveness?

Anybody who has no contempt for religion must not have flown on a commercial flight lately - all those TSA rules stem from some stupid religion preaching death onto another stupid religion. Oh but I know, you're so Canadian Zen and mellow that you just live and let live through the TSA crotch pat down.

You need to see a therapist soon and I mean ASAP :s Geeee

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Pure hogwash, HGH does not have anything to do with eyesight, where do you find these baseless allegations??

More bat speed does not mean more hand-eye coordination, more Bravo Sierra....if in fact when you work out for a while you lose a bit of your hand-eye coordination and have to train really hard to get it back...

Power?? Yes steroids does help with power only if the ballplayer has immaculate hitting mechanics before shooting up..If you don't know how to hit natural, you won't know how to hit juiced up, plain and simple.

I'd like to listen the opinion of people who have ACTUALLY played baseball..
As someone whit a former close association with steroids from back in The Day, ^^^this^^^ is all true. Sports are littered with steroid kings who got cut and never made a team. We referred to them as "look like Tarzan, play like Jane.."

Just imagine Comrade Berzin's rant if Manny had also professed to being a political conservative...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Manny Ramirez saw 'God's plan' in steroids

Back in April of last year, this story ran on Manny:

"Manny Ramirez, the baseball star who evidently never met a drug test he couldn't fail, says steroids were just God's plan for him.

Say what? Hat tip here to Brad Greenberg at Get Religion who found this almost painfully funny line in Ramirez's retirement interview:

I'm at ease," Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.com by phone from his home in Miami. "God knows what's best (for me). I'm now an officially retired baseball player. I'll be going away on a trip to Spain with my old man.

Greenberg noticed that no one came back at the notion that steroid use was in God's plan for baseball -- or that Ramirez was not exactly going the repentant sackcloth and ashes route. He muses:

Look, I know it's not a story when Albert Pujols touches home plate and points to heaven (though that hasn't happened much yet this season). But it requires a bit of reporter explanation when one of the greatest players of a generation retires and blames his bad decisions on God.

And is God leading Ramirez to spiritual peace or just some nice Spanish vacation time? Even if God allowed people, through free will, to make the wrong calls, is it God's plan just so folks will repent and take the righteous path? Seems risky...

WHOM DO YOU... blame for bad calls in your own life?"

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Back in April of last year, this story ran on Manny:

"Manny Ramirez, the baseball star who evidently never met a drug test he couldn't fail, says steroids were just God's plan for him.

Say what? Hat tip here to Brad Greenberg at Get Religion who found this almost painfully funny line in Ramirez's retirement interview:

I'm at ease," Ramirez told ESPNdeportes.com by phone from his home in Miami. "God knows what's best (for me). I'm now an officially retired baseball player. I'll be going away on a trip to Spain with my old man.

Greenberg noticed that no one came back at the notion that steroid use was in God's plan for baseball -- or that Ramirez was not exactly going the repentant sackcloth and ashes route. He muses:

Look, I know it's not a story when Albert Pujols touches home plate and points to heaven (though that hasn't happened much yet this season). But it requires a bit of reporter explanation when one of the greatest players of a generation retires and blames his bad decisions on God.

And is God leading Ramirez to spiritual peace or just some nice Spanish vacation time? Even if God allowed people, through free will, to make the wrong calls, is it God's plan just so folks will repent and take the righteous path? Seems risky...

WHOM DO YOU... blame for bad calls in your own life?"

He repeatedly stated that it was his own fault, not others, by listening to bad advice...but hollier than thou...if you want to keep judging go ahead..

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
As someone whit a former close association with steroids from back in The Day, ^^^this^^^ is all true. Sports are littered with steroid kings who got cut and never made a team. We referred to them as "look like Tarzan, play like Jane.."

That was back in what, 1976? Things change, dude. Steroids have evolved, even if your own personal thought process has calcified to the point where new ideas just don't sink in.

You do know something about this issue, though, because even on steroids you got cut because you sucked. No amount of juice was ever going to change that, Jane.

Just imagine Comrade Berzin's rant if Manny had also professed to being a political conservative...

A while ago you said you had gotten in my head. Ever since then I've never referenced you or your wacked-out Nazi bullshyte political views, but here you are back for more because you can't leave it alone.

Give it a rest. I always imagined someone like you would be happy living your life, but you just seem like a bitter, angry old man who has nothing better to do than to pick fights on the internet with people who don't give a damn whether you live or are buried in a shallow grave with a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" stuck up your rear end.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
He repeatedly stated that it was his own fault, not others, by listening to bad advice...but hollier than thou...if you want to keep judging go ahead..

So you dispute what he said to a major US newspaper directly? The post you refer to is a direct quote from them and has nothing to do with my opinions on Manny.

Trust me, there is nothing "holy" about me, so I cannot have a holier than though view. I don't "believe".

(Uh, oh. I am reading THE FOUNTAINHEAD right now. Better not let Berzin find out.)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That was back in what, 1976? Things change, dude. Steroids have evolved, even if your own personal thought process has calcified to the point where new ideas just don't sink in.

You do know something about this issue, though, because even on steroids you got cut because you sucked. No amount of juice was ever going to change that, Jane.

A while ago you said you had gotten in my head. Ever since then I've never referenced you or your wacked-out Nazi bullshyte political views, but here you are back for more because you can't leave it alone.

Give it a rest. I always imagined someone like you would be happy living your life, but you just seem like a bitter, angry old man who has nothing better to do than to pick fights on the internet with people who don't give a damn whether you live or are buried in a shallow grave with a copy of "Atlas Shrugged" stuck up your rear end.

Your post sounds like roid-rage. Relax.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Actually steroids haven't changed all that much in the past 20 years. There's much more knowledge, but the drugs themselves, and what people use really hasn't changed all that much.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

I"M the bitter, angry old man?

:cheeky: