Mariana Downing is Miss DR representative to Miss Universe

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Mariana-Downing-Miss-RD-Universo-2023-Diario-Libre.png

The representative of Sánchez Ramírez (Cotuí), Mariana Downing is the new Miss Dominican Republic Universe 2023. She will represent the DR in the competition to be held in El Salvador in December, as reported in Diario Libre.

Downing is a 27-year-old Dominican model of British descent. She made headlines in the past for her relationship with Puerto Rican salsa singer Marc Anthony when she was 21.

Born in the Dominican Republic, she moved to Miami to start her modeling career. There she was signed by the Wilhelmina agency, and has modeled for Calvin Klein and Chanel, as reported in Diario Libre.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre

4 September 2023

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For me she was not the prettiest of the lot, but maybe she fits the Western European mold closest

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
She will be right in the thick of the Miss Universe contest. As most DR women usually are............

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
She is attractive, with makeup, but does not look like a natural.
Not much upstairs to fill out a swimsuit top, but that shouldn't hurt her.
But Philosopy major ? That's usually what you select when you don't want to really work hard in college.
A totally useless degree.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Interesting article. Lots of petty complaints from people who are not happy their favorite didn't win. Miss Colombia really caught my attention.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
On X there was a post that has her saying it's not her fault she was born in the US

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
On X there was a post that has her saying it's not her fault she was born in the US

Noticias SIN reporting the same. Does it even matter?? My children are half Dominican, born in USA, but have Dominican citizenship and cedulas, maybe she does too. Plus they have Dominican in Italy, Dominican in Puerto Rico, etc, so what’s the big deal?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Who remembers Denny Mendez? Same situation, but in Italy.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Noticias SIN reporting the same. Does it even matter?? My children are half Dominican, born in USA, but have Dominican citizenship and cedulas, maybe she does too. Plus they have Dominican in Italy, Dominican in Puerto Rico, etc, so what’s the big deal?
I thought exactly the same as you. What's the big deal?

Now, if she even comes close to being crowned Miss Universe, the same folks who are criticizing her now, will be boasting about her Dominican roots:

"E' que la' dominicana' son errr finarrr", or "Dominicana e' Dominicana; lo demá' e' monte y culebra".

Big

Apr 24, 2019
it
She is attractive, with makeup, but does not look like a natural.
Not much upstairs to fill out a swimsuit top, but that shouldn't hurt her.
But Philosopy major ? That's usually what you select when you don't want to really work hard in college.
A totally useless degree.
it usually is a precursor to law school